Demo For Haiti Song- Need Help Working in Lyrics, Singers, Promotion & More *Update*

Birchey

Proud Member
*UPDATE HERE: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2550746&postcount=9

Okay this is my demo for the Haiti song, Sidewalk is spearheading a campaign here http://mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85570

We need communication, people posting stuff in threads gets lost, theres too much info floating about. I suggest you PM Sidewalk if you want to get involved or Me if you have input into the composition.

Raz has written some lyrics which we can disect and wrap around the melodies, also add more lyrics and stuff more on that here http://mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85654

Also can I just say that I have been cheeky and have wrote the Hook/Chorus, I think at this time the lyrics are so simple and so Michael.

And most of all let us remember who this effort is for

Couple bit I would like to add, as of now the chorus goes (and you can sing this to the musicbox instrument in the video)

The World Can Feel You
Its All For Love
L-O-V-E
From Above

Mother And Daughter
Father And Son
L-O-V-E
From Above

Of course once we get everyones lyrical ideas in then we can changed whatever. Also can I add that the song should be a "Keep The Faith: type song I think and we should make no mention of the actual Earthquake, and stuff, keep it vague, this is just our message of support

Please add me on MSN: Mjdvds@aol.com

Last edited:
Re: Original Demo For Haiti - Need Help Working in Lyrics

U have a PM! ;)

Okay this is my demo for the Haiti song, Sidewalk is spearheading a campaign here http://mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85570

We need communication, people posting stuff in threads gets lost, theres too much info floating about. I suggest you PM Sidewalk if you want to get involved or Me if you have input into the composition.

Raz has written some lyrics which we can disect and wrap around the melodies, also add more lyrics make this a real team effort!

Also can I just say that I have been cheeky and have wrote the Hook/Chorus, I think at this time the lyrics are so simple and so Michael.

Sounds Great! :wub:

I LOVE it!! That sounds great, and has a Michael vibe... I really LOVE it :huggy:

What are the lyrics we definitely have so we can twist them to fit into that melody? Didn't Raz have completely different ones? There are so many flying around that I'm confused

What are the lyrics we definitely have so we can twist them to fit into that melody? Didn't Raz have completely different ones? There are so many flying around that I'm confused

Yes problem is you can write lyrics but without a song or even melody to fit them around is very hard, MJ tended to write the music first and that gave him inspiration for the lyrics. I dont think we need so many lyrics, the simpliest is possible and it conveys the message better and is sweeter for the listener, just look at we are the world, earth song or many other MJ songs.

Right example of lyrics for the first lines

If you call out loud
and call long enough
then you're call of help
will be heard by the world

you can sing that to the tune easily, its simple and the first line also is the same as Michaels - keep the faith :)

Last edited:

Yeah, I understand what you're saying completely about having the melody there THEN writing lyrics to fit. With Raz's lyrics you can change alot (not all) but alot of them to fit to that melody and convey the same point. I'll put his original lyrics in purple and show you what I mean...

I’m done with sitting back
And watching it happen
I’m gonna do what I can
And try and make it better.
This world’s become a mess
I’m gotta make it better.

There’s people dieing
In the street,
While I sit by the fire.
It ain’t right that I’m here,
While they fight for their life’s
I think its time to ask

vs.

Done with sitting back
Watching it happen
Gonna look into the
man in the mirror

There are people dying
Fighting for their lifes
While I sit here
by the fire's warmth tonight

this sounds awesome, pm me a link to the video if you can Birchey and Ill get the word out on MJJC Tv :)

this sounds awesome, pm me a link to the video if you can Birchey and Ill get the word out on MJJC Tv :)

Sure thing :) Will do when I get home

Okay in regards to pushing this thing forwards and the development of the track I need some writers to contact me via PM and arrange a meet on MSN where everyone is in one conversation and sometime tonight or tommorow, I understand time difference so I will be online very long tonight.

We have Raz's lyrics and some by others but all this needs to be incorporated into the backing track, I cant really push forwards with the song until we all speak and this project wont work as it is now because a collective has not spoke or reached any kind of level ground.

Vocalist also needed to record parts of the demo so we know what the song is gonna sound like. I have pretty much got the chorus set, it works nicely and it conveys Michael last message to us, Its all for Love!

We also need promoters and anyone who can get involved, I will be writing a plan of action when I get home from work and will upload it as a notepad document for sidewalk to post on the main thread.

Also I come up with a track name and a name for us all

Track: Its All For Love
Us: L.O.V.E

Also need some graphics people to come up with our logo, I suggest we do the obvious and use the "O" in Love and a love heart and so on

Come on people lets get creative and convey our message properly :)

well i listened to it on repeat for about 45 minutes, lol. I like the sound of it and came up with some lyrics. A bit rough and past my bedtime.....

Just a simple touch
gentle flutter of the wings
really we can be
the change we want to see

Watch the rain that falls
take a look, Connectively
i'm the drop
the downfall starts with me.

That's from 0:23 to 0:44 and with an alternation in mind for the 2nd line of each verse of the vocal melody.

cheers, Rhys :)

well i listened to it on repeat for about 45 minutes, lol. I like the sound of it and came up with some lyrics. A bit rough and past my bedtime.....

Just a simple touch
gentle flutter of the wings
really we can be
the change we want to see

Watch the rain that falls
take a look, Connectively
i'm the drop
the downfall starts with me.

That's from 0:23 to 0:44 and with an alternation in mind for the 2nd line of each verse of the vocal melody.

cheers, Rhys :)

Thats fantastic, such a simple melody can be the basis for some powerful words like you'res :) Thanks, are you on Sidewalks list of writers? And are you available on MSN anytime, I am trying to hold some MSN chat sessions between the writers. I understand you're location but I am usually up very late here :)

Love to hear more

L.O.V.E it and if you need another vocalist I'm available. This is such a wonderful, wonderful project so thank you.

*UPDATE HERE: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2550746&postcount=9

Raz has written some lyrics which we can disect and wrap around the melodies, also add more lyrics and stuff more on that here http://mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85654

Couple bit I would like to add, as of now the chorus goes (and you can sing this to the musicbox instrument in the video)

The World Can Feel You
Its All For Love
L-O-V-E
From Above

Mother And Daughter
Father And Son
L-O-V-E
From Above

Of course once we get everyones lyrical ideas in then we can changed whatever. Also can I add that the song should be a "Keep The Faith: type song I think and we should make no mention of the actual Earthquake, and stuff, keep it vague, this is just our message of support

I love it :wub: :)

This will be great when finished.

Yes problem is you can write lyrics but without a song or even melody to fit them around is very hard, MJ tended to write the music first and that gave him inspiration for the lyrics. I dont think we need so many lyrics, the simpliest is possible and it conveys the message better and is sweeter for the listener, just look at we are the world, earth song or many other MJ songs.

Right example of lyrics for the first lines

If you call out loud
and call long enough
then you're call of help
will be heard by the world

you can sing that to the tune easily, its simple and the first line also is the same as Michaels - keep the faith :)

I understand how and what you mean about the melody. Perhaps 'humm' or 'lahhhhh lahhhh' the lyrics you have around the highest pitch in rough draft of music and then it may fall into place. Much L.O.V.E. Everyone. :)

Last edited:
How many singers are there gonna be in this song ? :) Can I participate in this ?

The World Can Feel You
Its All For Love
L-O-V-E
From Above

Mother And Daughter
Father And Son
L-O-V-E
From Above

:eek: :wild: :clapping:

NOW Thats what i'm talkin bout...This is AWESOME!!! I'll post this on the Facebook group...Great work Y'all.

And if you haven't Joined The Facebook Group YET!!! What are y'all waitin 4???:p

MJJCommunity Charity Song for Haiti Quake Victims

we got a lil over 400 people joined...in one DAY!!!(well 2 days) :p :D...we need more ppl. supporting it. Thanks Tamara for spreading the page...and others who have helped with this AWESOME, AMAZING...and OUT OF THIS WORLD Song! Y'all are really The best! :D

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Hey guys...I see a lot of lyrics and different one's. Are people doing the one song with the beat *SIDWALK* put or did we start another song? I'm confused. :scratch:

Someone please clear this thing up cuz i'm seein' different things in 3 different threads!

If people are doing different songs for this project, IMO, We should come together and talk about it before doing anything at all. Lets not be divided cuz some lyrics I saw on these different threads are not the same ppl. Very confused.

L.O.V.E.
Romi

^^ earthlyme lol I give up on tryna get in on this project. Its split up to much with to many ideas and to many people doing whatever.

Whatever happens I Hope it turns out great for the benefit of Haiti. :)

^^ earthlyme lol I give up on tryna get in on this project. Its split up to much with to many ideas and to many people doing whatever.

Whatever happens I Hope it turns out great for the benefit of Haiti. :)

Nah, man, come on!
Stay with us on this important project, please! :)

:eek: :wild: :clapping:

NOW Thats what i'm talkin bout...This is AWESOME!!! I'll post this on the Facebook group...Great work Y'all.

And if you haven't Joined The Facebook Group YET!!! What are y'all waitin 4???:p

MJJCommunity Charity Song for Haiti Quake Victims

we got a lil over 400 people joined...in one DAY!!!(well 2 days) :p :D...we need more ppl. supporting it. Thanks Tamara for spreading the page...and others who have helped with this AWESOME, AMAZING...and OUT OF THIS WORLD Song! Y'all are really The best! :D

L.O.V.E.
Romi

You are VERY Welcome! :D I tweeted the hella of this cause here at MJJC & FB Page Calling All Artists during the Larry King Live hashtag CNNHelpHaiti Cause for 2 hours. I Really Hope To hear this song with the L.O.V.E From all the snippets I've heard It's has soooo much going for it. C'Mon You guys! Let's Do This!

:punk: :wub:
Tamara
aka
souldreamer7~*~*

Back