Def Leppard to release Live album with 3 new studio songs in June!

kingofpopfan

Proud Member
Finally the band have decided to release they're first live album after forming in 1977

Press release is taken from www.defleppard.com

Def Leppard has confirmed June 7th as the North American release date for their first ever live album "MIRRORBALL" (Bludgeon Riffola/Mailboat Records), which will be available exclusively at Walmart & Sam's Club locations in the United States and Canada. The album will include a 50 minute DVD that contains live performances and intimate backstage footage of the band captured on the road. A special limited vinyl edition will also be made available. "MIRRORBALL" will also be available online, marking the first time the band's music will officially be made available for digital purchase. Def Leppard will also be releasing their new community based website in May, which is being developed to be the ultimate Def Leppard fan experience and go-to destination for all things on the band.

Said Joe Elliott, "To be able to say at last, we have a live album out & it be a three disc package which includes a DVD makes me very happy... it's the soundtrack of OUR lives...!"

"MIRRORBALL" was recorded across the world over the course of many of the band's sold-out dates and features all of the classic songs that have made Def Leppard one of the most respected and beloved power rock bands in the world. The album captures the group's legendary concert experience at its thunderous best, bringing together live versions of classic Leppard hits such as "POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME," "ROCK OF AGES," "FOOLIN'," "HYSTERIA," "PHOTOGRAPH" and an incredible rendition of "BRINGING ON THE HEARTBREAK." With their creative juices at full flow, the band has also added three new studio tracks: "UNDEFEATED," "IT'S ALL ABOUT BELIEVIN'" and "KINGS OF THE WORLD," that are undeniably Def Leppard. "MIRRORBALL" follows the band's 2008 studio release, "SONGS FROM THE SPARKLE LOUNGE", which debuted at #5 on the Billboard Top 200, marking the group's highest chart position since 1992's "ADRENALIZE".

"MIRRORBALL" tracklisting:

Disc 1:
1. Rock! Rock! (Till You Drop)
2. Rocket
3. Animal
4. C'Mon C'Mon
5. Make Love Like A Man
6. Too Late For Love
7. Foolin'
8. Nine Lives
9. Love Bites
10. Rock On

Disc 2:
1. Two Steps Behind
2. Bringin' On The Heartbreak
3. Switch 625
4. Hysteria
5. Armageddon It
6. Photograph
7. Pour Some Sugar On Me
8. Rock Of Ages
9. Let's Get Rocked
10. Action
11. Bad Actress
12. Undefeated
13. Kings Of The World
14. It's All About Believin'

Last month, Def Leppard announced their triumphant return to US stages with a 48 city summer tour kicking off on June 15 in West Palm Beach, Florida. Tickets for the Live Nation produced tour and on sale now at Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Joining Def Leppard for this highly anticipated tour are Seattle rock legends Heart.

In addition to the album, Chronicle Books will be releasing "DEF LEPPARD: THE DEFINITIVE VISUAL HISTORY", featuring photos of the band by legendary rock photographer Ross Halfin. His fully authorized visual history of the band follows them from their beginnings to their massive "PYROMANIA" and "HYSTERIA" albums to the sustained power of their records and tours today. The book will be available this June 15.

New single titled Undeafted can be heard here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e2W1C1XCTo

heard the new track undefeated a few days back? what's your take on it? i miss the slang/retro active experimental stuff....i love it when artists take a totally different direction but maintain their signature. sounds pretty good though.

I grew up with Def Leppard and they have never disappointed me. I'm looking forward to buying this.

heard the new track undefeated a few days back? what's your take on it? i miss the slang/retro active experimental stuff....i love it when artists take a totally different direction but maintain their signature. sounds pretty good though.

I like it if I'm honest it's not as good as anything on the last album Songs from the Sparkle Lounge (which for me is they're best album since Hysteria in my opinion) but it's really got a Queen anthemic type quality to it

i agree about the queen anthemic feel of the new track... sounds pretty good to me ;)

Back