December 9; Akon speaks more about MJ on MTV Interview

mariemarie

Guests
Virtual Reality: The Internet - where to?

Every now and then I hear businessmen, executives, or other media professionals, at times very high-ranked ones, declare that "with all due respect," the Internet has yet to prove itself. They argue that the business model is not clear enough and no one really knowshow to make money out of this World Wide Web and where it's going anyway.

So, first of all I urge them to present this question to Niklas Zentrum (founder of Kazza and Skype) or Brad Greenspan (founder of Myspace) or Nahum Sharfman (founder of shopping.com) or Mark Zuckerberg (founder of facebook) or any other who made millions and sometimes even billions from the Internet industry.​

Let's try to examine more thoroughly the issues of the unclear business model and where is it all heading.​

The internet is a young industry. Very young. Only in the first half of the 1990s did it become available to the general public. The radio, just for the sake of comparison, was widely used already in the 1920s. The Internet market is nascent and rapidly growing thanks to technological developments. Due to this rapid growth and a dynamic business environment, the way money is being generated constantly changes. Business models that were effective five years ago are not necessarily relevant today.​

Btw, if you'll look at the "traditional" content on youtube, Tom & Jerry for example, or just a clip of Michael Jackson, you'll see that they have millions of views, that is to say that users are looking for the same content they consumed on television.

Now, software that can spot 'next great music superstar'

Washington, Dec 9 : Want to know whether you'll make it big like Madonna, Britney Spears or King of pop Michael Jackson? Well, researchers from Tel Aviv University's School of Electrical Engineering have developed software that, they claim, can predict future hit artists.

Lead researcher Professor Yuval Shavitt, of Tel Aviv University's School of Electrical Engineering, has developed a computer algorithm that can spot an emerging artist several weeks or months before national success hits.​

"Until now, talent scouts for record companies used instinct to predict the next rock personality," said Shavitt.​

"Our software has an astonishing success rate about 30pct, and in some cases up to 50pct. We've crossed a new frontier in the record business," he added.​

For developing the algorithm, the researchers examined a large amount of data from collected from Gnutella, the most popular peer-to-peer file-sharing network in America.​

They looked at the user queries for unknown artists over a nine-month period during 2007.​

By examining the first 6 months' worth of data, and then using the remaining 3 months' data to track the increasing popularity of those artists, they developed a system to predict which artists would break out of their local markets.​

"The key was understanding the role of geography in the rising popularity of these artists," said Shavitt.​

They realized that those artists who eventually made it to the national level first had a huge number of user queries in their local region, even when they had zero queries from elsewhere in the United States.​

The numbers for new artists started small, often with 5, then 20, then 150 queries within the artist's home city each week, sometimes localized even to a specific urban neighbourhood.​

Soulja Boy ("Crank That") and Sean Kingston ("Temperature") were both flagged by Prof. Shavitt's system in April 2007, weeks before they emerged into the national spotlight. Both songs became Billboard hits when they entered the charts in June of that year.​

Shavitt hopes that his software could become a profitable tool for music producers and record labels and a boon to young people who want to be in the know.​

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1984 - The Jacksons played their last show of the decade together in Los Angeles, CA.

1995 - Michael Jackson's single "Earth Song" debuted at #1 in the U.K.

2003 - The Indianapolis Star reported that Tito, Marlon, Jackie and Jermain Jackson had signed a tentative settlement in two civil lawsuits. The lawsuits accused the Jackson brothers of failing to credit producer Gordon Keith and R&B group Ripples and Waves for their work on the compilation releases "Pre-History: The Lost Steeltown Recordings" and "Ripples and Waves: An Introduction to the Jackson 5."

4.tito.jackson.jpg

2003 - A document was leaked that revealed that Michael Jackson was investigated on sexual abuse allegations in February 2003 and that investigators found the charges to be "unfounded."

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: December 9 - News and Mentionings

Thanks for posting the news, marie.

thanks for news & mentionings

Thank you for the mentionings

"Come out come out where ever your are"

thanx for the news and mentionings
is that an album cover or just a pic of Tito?

Seems as though Akon is speaking more and more about Michael these days. MMMMM you think Michael is about to come out and reveal something to us? I certainly hope so. What Akon is speaking about makes me excited as to what Michael has in store.
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...lks-hip-hop-harmony-kanye-and-michael-jackson

Akon talks Hip Hop Harmony, Kanye And Michael Jackson

There is an undeniable trend in rap that has emcees trading their 16's for some crooning. Akon has noticed and feels he is responsible for that trend.
"As an artist, depending on who you are, you should never be in a situation where you feel threatened by another artist," he told MTV in a recent interview. "If anything, I embrace the fact that they're doing it. Music changes every year. I'm just happy [about] the fact that people are jumping on what we're already doing. I look at it like a tribute to what we're already doing, and I look at it like a compliment, really."
"I say 'you're welcome' every time I hear [rappers singing]...A melody has a way of describing [words], 'cause of the emotions that come with melody. Melody brings it out better than a bland vocal. It's easier to relate."
He also noted that he doesn't see the trend stopping anytime soon.
"I definitely think it will continue and grow. Hip-hop grew out of its element; it's literally a lifestyle now."
The fact that he says "You're welcome" is not a dig at Kanye West. Akon made it a point to compliment West on his latest project.
"With Kanye, you never know what to expect. He's not afraid to experiment. He's always had that open mind. That's how you have to be as an artist."

Akon is working with A.R. Rahman, an Indian composer and says their sound is "the best of both worlds." He is also in talks to work with another Indian composer, Aadesh Shrivastava.

He is also honest yet tight-lipped about his collaborative efforts with Michael Jackson, saying, "I can't speak too much on Mike's project. Mike is a perfectionist. He's probably the most brilliant person I've sat across from. A humble, cool cat."
"I'm on a whole 'nother level now," he said of his work with MJ and how it has affected him. "It's all about the presentation. It has to be big, it has to be right."

Last edited:
He is also honest yet tight-lipped about his collaborative efforts with Michael Jackson, saying, "I can't speak too much on Mike's project. Mike is a perfectionist. He's probably the most brilliant person I've sat across from. A humble, cool cat."
"I'm on a whole 'nother level now," he said of his work with MJ and how it has affected him. "It's all about the presentation. It has to be big, it has to be right."

i like the way he praises :heart:Michael :D

i like that thing with humble,cool cat:-D
Me too. I don't think it's one type of kiss-assing cuz it ain't sound too flattery and contrived. It's more of the kind of genuine comments that we expect to hear from artists who met MJ in person and saw a glimpse of who he is.

MJ's vids are getting a lot of views, that's nice. Thanx for posting marie.

Thanks for the news!

I didn't know Kim Kardashian knew to blog and form coherent sentences...i wouldn't bother!

kardiashian is famous for what now? her father defended his best friend during his murder trial....his ex wifey was on the side of the victim.....this girl has a sex tape, a show about nothing, and is about as smart as cotton balls....yet she has a blog that people care enuf about to read? u know someone is typing for her...her boobs get in teh way

he's talented and but then ruined it claiming she "knows" that he "lost some of his marbles" and is "creepy".

And she is a media whore. She knews what time it was to come over MJ's NL estate for her damn 14th birthday and try to play his nephew, TJ, when she was going out with him. She also knews what time it was to release that sex tape with her and Brandy's brother Ray J and when to steal Brandy's mother money from her credit card. She is a piece of crap and she needs to go and sit down. What is creepy about Kim is that she is a nasty piece of crap and a damn nobody. SHe is gonna ruin Reggie Bush's life. Just wait. She is living off the money that her late father made defending people and she and her spoiled ass family members never worked for ANYTHING in their lives. So, MJ is the last person that she needs to call "creepy" or "lost his marbles". The "creepy" dude and the dude that "lost his marbles" is a TRUE TALENT and the real deal STAR. He did not need to whore himself, steal his best friend's mother's credit card and effed her best friend's brother, put it on a sex tape and spread it to the media to have a damn career. He worked hard so he can reap the benefits. I am not going to be "nice" to that nasty whore. Heifer.

Once again, Akon is talking positive about MJ, Nice!

Alright guys it seems I need to retract my statement that the person who goes by the name "kiki" is not kim kardashian cus this anonymous user explained to me that that was a fan. But my comments still stand that kiki should take christina aguilera's advice and not judge a book by its cover.

A.R Rahman and Akon????
Rahman deserves to work with people like Michael, Akon is no where near the genius that is Rahman

Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, The cast of the t.v. show The Hills, all people with no talent and nothing to offer society but are wise enough to know how to cash in.

Me too. I don't think it's one type of kiss-assing cuz it ain't sound too flattery and contrived. It's more of the kind of genuine comments that we expect to hear from artists who met MJ in person and saw a glimpse of who he is.

MJ's vids are getting a lot of views, that's nice. Thanx for posting marie.

i love how you differentiate between flattery and an honest compliment based on truth. that is so important. nobody ever flatters MJ. they either hate on him, or tell the truth, that he is great at what he does, and is humble..as if they are impressed, rather than trying to shmooze. or..lol..they go crazy in his presence. lol. or any combination thereof. lol

Akon is a great cat.

Thanks for the news, I hope the other artists lern from Akon and respect Michael more.

And she is a media whore. She knews what time it was to come over MJ's NL estate for her damn 14th birthday and try to play his nephew, TJ, when she was going out with him. She also knews what time it was to release that sex tape with her and Brandy's brother Ray J and when to steal Brandy's mother money from her credit card. She is a piece of crap and she needs to go and sit down. What is creepy about Kim is that she is a nasty piece of crap and a damn nobody. SHe is gonna ruin Reggie Bush's life. Just wait. She is living off the money that her late father made defending people and she and her spoiled ass family members never worked for ANYTHING in their lives. So, MJ is the last person that she needs to call "creepy" or "lost his marbles". The "creepy" dude and the dude that "lost his marbles" is a TRUE TALENT and the real deal STAR. He did not need to whore himself, steal his best friend's mother's credit card and effed her best friend's brother, put it on a sex tape and spread it to the media to have a damn career. He worked hard so he can reap the benefits. I am not going to be "nice" to that nasty whore. Heifer.

i agree. and i think she already ruined Reggie Bush's life. he was great in college. he seems to be having a hard time in the pros.

on another note, man it's something on how every media outlet and it's sister and brother, including mtv, is desperate to approach Akon. Ne Yo and anyone else who worked with or has been rumoured to work with MJ, on his latest project, because they all are bristling with need to know the status of MJ's new cd. and this, after most of them(media) hated on MJ.

i guess this is proof of the extremely palpable pulse that says the world is ready for MJ's new project. desperately ready.

i think the music on the radio and the music scene agrees.

Back