December 31, 2008

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Happy New Years Eve (day) Everyone! - be careful tonight - and have Fun!

Let's see what exciting MJ news and mentionings may be out there for the last day of 2008!
=============================

Michael Jackson News: - No news is good news???

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

The BBC has pulled an interview with Sir Paul McCartney in which the former Beatle did a "trans-racial impression" of Michael Jackson, it has been claimed. :doh:

By Stephen Adams
Last Updated: 11:09AM GMT 31 Dec 2008

According to a BBC source Sir Paul's impersonation was 'very funny'

Sir Paul is said to have talked in a high-pitched Jackson-style voice when asked about the singer, which BBC managers decided could prove offensive.

A Corporation source told the Daily Mail: "McCartney started to reply in this high-pitched ***** voice, and apparently it was very funny. But the BBC - deeply nervous, perhaps because of the Jonathan Ross-Russell Brand affair - has declined to broadcast the interview."
Explaining the reasoning as to why the impression could possibly be deemed offensive or unsuitable for broadcast, the source continued: "They say it's a 'trans-racial impression' - that's what they say in a memo - and even by Macca that is beyond the pale."
Sir Paul and Jackson used to be friends, but fell out when Jackson outbid the Liverpudlian for the rights to most of the Beatles' back catalogue. Jackson bought the rights for £33 million ($48m).
The purchase soured their friendship.
Sir Paul later said: "You know what doesn't feel very good, is going on tour and paying to sing all my songs. Every time I sing Hey Jude, I've got to pay someone."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...McCartneys-Michael-Jackson-impersonation.html
==========================================

Couriermail.com.au
By Jane Fynes-Clinton
December 31, 2008 11:00pm

I HAVE a confession: I am an ice addict. Before you email me details of detox centres, help lines and outlets that peddle herbal remedies, let me clarify.........My YouTube obsession mostly comprises searching out clips that prove all in the world is not disastrous, or recitations of great speeches in history, or nourishing short films.
But (and I say this without shame) in the past 12 months, I have lost hours watching old David Bowie, Michael Jackson or Crowded House film clips; seeing chefs demonstrate a new recipe; or hearing a grammarian speak of the need to protect correct apostrophe usage.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24859893-27197,00.html

=============================
Santa Ynez Valley Journal

THE BEST AND WORST OF 2008

By Leah Etling, Staff Writer

_uacct = "UA-6822309-1";urchinTracker();As 2008 draws to a close, it is hard to pinpoint one Santa Ynez Valley Journal’s news story from the past year that stood out above the rest.ffice:eek:ffice" />

Year-end bests

By JOEY GUERRA HOUSTON CHRONICLE

Dec. 31, 2008, 12:06AM

8.Year of the Gentleman, Ne-Yo: Apologies to Usher and Chris Brown, but if anyone came close to capturing Michael Jackson’s R&B/pop magic this year, it was Ne-Yo, whose Year of the Gentleman was one of the year’s most elegant mainstream R&B offerings. His airy voice is a perfect match for the hooky choruses and heartfelt melodies that anchor Mad, Miss Independent, Nobody and Closer, one of the year’s best singles.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/features/6187667.html

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/ch...ch-extra-the-year-that-songs-overtook-albums/

Here's the low-down on the year's top 10 albums-and nine other selected releases. The number directly following the title is the total number of copies the album sold in calendar year 2008.

1. Lil Wayne, Tha Carter III, 2,874,000. This album sold 1,006,000 copies in its first week in June, the biggest one-week total in more than three years. Four songs from the album are on the year-end Hot Digital Songs chart: "Lollipop" (featuring Static Major) at #2, "A Milli" at #44, "Got Money (featuring T-Pain) at #52 and "Mrs. Officer" (featuring Bobby Valentino) at #102. Tha Carter III is a Grammy finalist for Album of the Year.

2. Coldplay, Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends, 2,144,000. This is the year's #1 album by a group, by a rock act and by a foreign act. This is the highest that Coldplay has appeared in a year-end top 10. A Rush Of Blood To The Head was #10 for 2003. X&Y was #6 for 2005. Coldplay is the first British act in the Nielsen/SoundScan era to appear in the year-end top 10 three times. Two songs from the album are on the year-end Hot Digital Songs chart: "Viva La Vida" is #5, "Violet Hill" is #167.

3. Taylor Swift, Fearless, 2,112,000. This is the year's #1 album by a female artist and the year's #1 country album. This is the highest that a female artist has placed on the year-end chart since Carrie Underwood ranked #3 for 2006 with Some Hearts. It's the highest an album by a core country artist has ranked since Rascal Flatts' Me And My Gang was #2 for 2006. "Love Story" is #26 on the year-end Hot Digital Songs chart. It's the year's highest-ranking country hit.

4. Kid Rock, Rock N' Roll Jesus, 2,018,000. This album sold more copies in 2008 than any other album released before 2008. Jesus was released in October 2007. It sold an additional 661,000 copies in 2007, when it ranked #63 for the year. This is the highest that Kid Rock has appeared in a year-end top 10. Devil Without A Cause was #7 for 1999. Rock Heroes' cover version of "All Summer Long" sold 574,000 downloads to rank #136 on the year-end Hot Digital Songs chart.

5. AC/DC, Black Ice, 1,915,000. This is the year's #1 hard rock album. It's the highest that a mainstream hard rock album has placed in a year-end top 10. This is the second year in a row that a Wal-Mart exclusive has appeared in the year-end top 10. Eagles' Long Road Out Of Eden was #3 for 2007. AC/DC's 1980 blockbuster Back In Black ranks #116 for the year, with sales in 2008 of 374,000 copies.

6. Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift, 1,597,000. This is the second year in a row that this 2006 release has appeared in the year-end top 10. It was the #9 album of 2007. It's the first album to make the year-end top 10 twice since Evanescence's Fallen in 2003-2004. The album sold an additional 1,951,000 copies in 2007 and 292,000 copies in 2006. Four songs from the album are on the year-end Hot Digital Songs chart: "Our Song" (#47), "Teardrops On My Guitar" (#69), "Picture To Burn" (#115) and "Should've Said No" (#127).

7. Metallica, Death Magnetic, 1,565,000. This is the third time since 1992 (Nielsen/SoundScan's first full year of operations) that Metallica has had an album in the year-end top 10. That's a record for a mainstream hard rock act. Metallica was #9 for 1992. Load was #7 for 1996.

8. T.I., Paper Trial, 1,522,000. This is the year's #2 rap album. This is the first time that two or more rap (or hip-hop) albums have made the year-end top 10 since 2005 when 50 Cent, Black Eyed Peas, Kanye West and The Game all made it. Three songs from the album are on the year-end Hot Digital Songs chart: "Whatever You Like" is #7, "Live Your Life" (featuring Rihanna) is #12 and "Swagga Like Us" (with Jay-Z and featuring Kanye West and Lil Wayne) is #116.

9. Jack Johnson, Sleep Through The Static, 1,492,000. This is the highest-ranking pop album, in other words, one that doesn't have a rap, country or rock crossover element.

10. Beyonce, I Am...Sasha Fierce, 1,459,000. This is the fifth time that Beyonce has put an album in the year-end top 10. She made the mark with Destiny's Child in 2000 and 2001 and has now made it three times on her own. Dangerously In Love was the #6 album of 2003. B'Day was #7 for 2006. Two songs from the new album (which is the only two-disk set in the top 10) are listed on the year-end Hot Digital Songs chart: "If I Were A Boy" (#35) and "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)" at #48.

11. Jonas Brothers, A Little Bit Longer, 1,410,000. Jonas Brothers opened for Miley Cyrus on her "Best of Both Worlds" tour, but they finish a few spots ahead of her on the year-end chart. Cyrus' Breakout is #14 for 2008. (JoBros have more in common with Hanson, which had the #5 album of 1997 with Middle Of Nowhere.) Jonas Brothers, the act's 2007 album, ranks #27 for 2008. The Jonases are also represented on the Camp Rock soundtrack, which is #19 for the year. "Burnin' Up" is the year's #41 hit song.

12. Various Artists, Mamma Mia! soundtrack, 1,406,000. This was the year's top movie soundtrack. This is the highest that a movie soundtrack has appeared on the year-end chart since 8 Mile finished #5 for 2002. The success of the soundtrack boosted ABBA's Gold-Greatest Hits, which sold 392,000 copies during the year to rank #111 for the year.

18. Mariah Carey, E=MC2, 1,221,000. This sold reasonably well, but it didn't match the sales punch of Carey's previous studio release, The Emancipation Of Mimi. That comeback smash was the #1 album of 2005 with sales that year of 4,969,000. Usher also had some trouble following a year-end #1 album. Here I Stand is #23 for the year, with sales of 1,120,000. The R&B star's last release, Confessions, was the #1 album of 2004, with sales that year of 7,979,000.

22. Alicia Keys, As I Am, 1,123,000. This album, which was #4 for the year in 2007, was one of only two albums to finish in the year-end top 25 in both 2007 and 2008. (The other is Taylor Swift.) That explains how it wound up at #1 on Billboard's year-end issue, which tracks sales from mid-November to mid-November.

24. Various Artists, Now 28, 983,000. This was the best-selling Now volume during 2008. This is the first year since 1998, the first year of the Now franchise, that no Now volume sold 1 million copies during the year.

28. Josh Groban, Noel, 915,000. This was the year's top-selling holiday album for the second year in a row. Only two other albums in the Nielsen/SoundScan era have been the best-selling holiday album of two different years. Kenny G's Miracles-The Holiday Album was #1 for 1994 and 1996. Now That's What I Call Christmas! was on top for 2001 and 2002. (The top newly-released holiday album of 2008 was Enya's And Winter Came, which ranked #63 for the year.)

45. Michael Jackson, Thriller, 712,000. The release of a 25th anniversary edition revived this classic title, which sold more copies this year than any other album released before 2006. It outperformed such perennial catalogue best-sellers as Bob Marley & the Wailers' Legend (#87 for 2008) and Pink Floyd's The Dark Side Of The Moon (#194) as well as such more recent smashes as Nickelback's All The Right Reasons (#73) and Carrie Underwood's Some Hearts (#85), both 2005 releases.

54. Duffy, Rockferry, 666,000. In addition to its solid showing in the U.S., this was the #1 album of the year in the U.K., according to the Official Charts Company. It moved 1,685,000 copies in the U.K., edging out Take That's The Circus. The rest of the U.K. top five for 2008: Kings of Leon's Only By The Night, Leona Lewis's Spirit and Coldplay's Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends.

163. Original Cast, Jersey Boys, 289,000. This was the year's top Broadway cast album. Wicked had claimed the title the past two years, but this year falls to second place. (Among all albums, Wicked is #166 for the year.) In third place: Mamma Mia! Thus, "jukebox musicals" devoted to the hits of pop veterans the Four Seasons and ABBA claimed two of the top three spots on the year-end cast album chart.

[size=-1]everywhere he went in the uk, the civil rights leader was treated more like michael jackson than jesse jackson – he was hounded by people seeking autographs ...[/size]

he is here? Brother jesse is here and nobody told me?! What a nice holiday that would have been! Pout

2003 - Santa Barbara County Sheriff Jim Anderson strongly denied that Michael Jackson was roughed up during his arrest. The sheriff also threatened to press charges against Jackson for making false accusations against an officer. The allegations were made by Jackson during an interview on "60 Minutes" on December 28.

DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE HAS NOT SUED THEM; I MIGHT KNOW THE REASON; BUT I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

Back