December 2 - News and Mentionings

mariemarie

Guests
Brafman Hiring Puts Burress in Company of Diddy, Sammy the Bull

Dec. 2 (Bloomberg) -- Plaxico Burress has joined the high- profile client roster of attorney Benjamin Brafman, who will defend the Giants wide receiver on handgun charges that may bring him 3 1/2 years or more in jail if found guilty.
Brafman, 60, a former assistant Manhattan district attorney, counts pop star Michael Jackson and Salvatore “Sammy the Bull” Gravano of the Gambino crime family among his past clients. He also won an acquittal for rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs after a 1999 shooting inside a Manhattan nightclub.
The 31-year-old Burress, charged with two counts of second- degree handgun possession, has hired an “absolutely relentless” advocate, said Roland Riopelle, a former Manhattan assistant U.S. attorney who prosecuted one of Brafman’s clients.

More http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=acNgMVRvxfn4&refer=home

‘I’m confident about everything’

Aliaune Thiam has been playing up his criminal past since he officially arrived on the music scene in 2004 as Akon.
The first single from the Atlanta rapper-singer-songwriter-producer’s debut album “Trouble” was titled “Locked Up.” The Atlanta-based labels with hip-hop/R&B artist T-Pain, reggae star Kardinal Offishal and pop newcomer Colby O’Donis are named Konvict Entertainment and Kon Live. And the title of his sophomore CD, which sold 3 million copies? “Konvicted.”

Q: And yet, again, you call yourself Akon to remind yourself of that troubled time in and out jail.

A: “[Nods again] And to give those people hope who I met behind bars who were so talented. ‘Locked Up’ was like an anthem to them, before it was a hit record. I’m not trying to glorify convicts and jail life and gangsters.”

Q: Most of your hits are actually partying and/or sexual in theme.

A: “I want to do something positive with my music. That’s what ‘Freedom’ is about. But you have to get people’s attention first, so they can hear you. It’s sad, but like jail, the music industry is a trap, too. Like movies, positive stuff doesn’t get the promotion that action movies, guns and violence gets. So I jumped the gate, and gave it to ‘em just like that. I did a song called ‘I Wanna [Expletive] You,’ and it’s a success.”

Q: Next thing you know, you’re selling millions of records… in the studio with Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Gwen Stefani. Buying million dollar-plus mansions. It seems like you’ve gotten through this knock at your “street credibility,” so to speak, unscathed. Except Dec. 1 —- the day before “Freedom” —- a court date for throwing a teenager off the stage.

A: “And you know, I wish I could talk about that. Clear that up, too. But, the lawyers…What I can say is I think it will be a simple process. I’m confident. I’m confident about everything these days.
“Because you know what’s funny? When I was in and out of jail and decided to go full-speed at this music business thing, I came up with this plan where the top goal was to work with Michael Jackson, and retire in like 2018. Now I’ve already worked with Michael. And it’s looking like retirement might happen earlier.
“I’ll admit I may have said some things in the beginning just to get people to talk to me —- just to keep people talking about me. But while I’m doing that talking I’m also promoting whatever I’m working on musically; and in the end, making more money.”

Full interview http://www.ajc.com/services/content/printedition/2008/12/02/akon.html

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1983 - Michael Jackson's "Thriller" short film debuted on MTV.

1993 - In Norwalk, CT, the newspaper "The Hour" reported that Michael Jackson had checked into Silver Hill psychiatric hospital in New Canaan, CT, on November 29.

425.jackson.thriller.051408.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Desember 2 - News and Mentionings

We need some real news. I'm sick of reading about "mentionings" that seem to amount to nothing new.

:2cents:I need to hear something like, " we have photos of mike on the set of his new video____", or "we have a picture of Mike's new album cover", or Michael is scheduled to be on TV, doing an interview with _(anyone but Diane Sawer)________." or something. *getting frustrated again*. He has now grown silent and boring again.

So when will it happen?:timer:

We need some real news. I'm sick of reading about "mentionings" that seem to amount to nothing new.

:2cents:I need to hear something like, " we have photos of mike on the set of his new video____", or "we have a picture of Mike's new album cover", or Michael is scheduled to be on TV, doing an interview with _(anyone but Diane Sawer)________." or something. *getting frustrated again*. He has now grown silent and boring again.

I totally understand you. Nothing is so misty as the world of Michael Jackson right now.

I totally understand you. Nothing is so misty as the world of Michael Jackson right now.

But hasn't MJ's world ALWAYS been misty. LOL! I mean, sometimes you see him, most times you don't. Sometimes you hear from him, most time you don't. Same old routine, in my opinion.

I was thinking now that the whole "Prince" thing has been resolved, MJ can move forward with his musical future. He "probably" couldn't do too much with that so-called 2Seas record deal hanging over his head. He must be delighted that the whole thing is behind him and he can now proceed with whatever his plans are.

Thanks for the news.

Today is a BIG day in music history. Thriller the short film changed music videos 4ever!!

Thread name Desember should be December! :lol:

Thanks for the news.

Today is a BIG day in music history. Thriller the short film changed music videos 4ever!!

Thread name Desember should be December! :lol:

wops hahha

'We need some real news. I'm sick of reading about "mentionings" that seem to amount to nothing new.' [2]

:bored2:

BTW...thanks for the mentionings.

Plaxico Burress has joined the high- profile client roster of attorney Benjamin Brafman, who will defend the Giants wide receiver on handgun charges that may bring him 3 1/2 years or more in jail if found guilty.

Yeah, this guy, Ben Brafman. As for Plaxico..... no comment.

Akon's little interview was interesting. And YES, 25 years ago TODAY the "Thriller" video or short film debuted on MTV. The short film that changed history in music forever. I just wanna say another milestone: my younger sister turns 21 today!!! Awww. I remember when she was born. :)

Well, the mentionings does not bother me and I do not mind the silence. Sometimes, waiting is a good thing. You do not have to come on the board everyday and expect something or some news to break any minute regarding Mike. It is quiet and that is a good thing.

Thanks marie for the news and information.

http://www.welt.de/english-news/art...kson-to-throw-party-in-Big-Brother-house.html

Sounds a little iffy to me, but it is a mention

US Celebrities

Michael Jackson to throw party in 'Big Brother' house
1.December 2008, 12:54
Michael Jackson is set to throw a birthday party in the ‘Big Brother’ house. The ‘Bad’ singer is planning to celebrate his brother Jermaine’s 54th birthday by reuniting him with his fellow contestants from the 2007 celebrity version of the UK reality TV show.

Jackson's successful career has made him a part of pop culture for almost four decades. In recent years he has been cited as one of the world's most famous men.

More Pictures

Michael Jackson
The King of Pop's troubled biography

A source said: “He knows how much Jermaine loved being on the show and is confident he get the contestants back together. “It would be the weekend to end all weekends.”
Reclusive Michael – who recently settled a £4.7 million lawsuit with Arab sheikh Abdulla Al-Khalifa – was an avid watcher of this year’s regular series and was delighted when the contestants recreated his famous dance routine for ‘Thriller’.

Jermaine – who turns 54 on December 11 – came second to Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty in the controversial fifth series. The show caused outrage when Indian actress Shilpa became a victim of racist bullying at the hands of British glamour model Danielle Lloyd, S Club 7 singer Jo O’Meara and TV star Jade Goody.

Viewers saw Danielle brand the actress a “dog” and say she should “f**k off home”, while Jade shockingly referred to her as “Shilpa Poppadom”, much to the amusement of Jo, who later suffered a breakdown as a result of the public backlash.
All four are expected to be invited to Jermaine’s bash, although ‘Big Brother’ production company Endemol is yet to reply to Michael’s request to use the house as a venue.

That rumor was posted on yesterday's news thread.

an avid watcher of this year’s regular series and was delighted when the contestants recreated his famous dance routine for ‘Thriller’

They mean last year, not this year. Look, I do not know about this story but it sounds funny to me. It is harmless and if it is true, I doubt MJ would do it in the Big Brother house. Maybe at the house in Encino. Who knows?

It will happen when Michael Jackson decides to do something. Until then, that's all there is.

Besides, when was the last time Michael Jackson was on TV not related to going to court?

He has been silent for several years now, except for the occasional sighting. Hopefully with the settlement of the Prince's lawsuit, he will be finally free to move forward with the business end of music.

These things take time -- the legal stuff, that is. Couple that with MJ's own personal timetable that will never satisfy fans who are used to wanting to know something everyday on the hour -- the watchword here is PATIENCE.

Cuz ya gonna need it.

Off topic - but I just wanted to say that every day I give thanks for the life, music and inpsiration of Michael Jackson. Felt I needed to say that today.

our bad... we'll go poke him with the stick and get him to do something....

Akon will be appearing on E!'s late night show 'Chelsea Lately' on december 8 so I hope he'll be on guard if he gets asked about MJ and since i've heard her calling michael a "Mess" cus i've seen her show and how she interviews guests.

AKON QUEST
RAPPER CELEBRATES THE LIGHT STUFF
By JOSEPH BARRACATO

Last updated: 10:24 am
December 2, 2008
Posted: 2:23 am
December 2, 2008
[...]

Over the summer, his duet with Michael Jackson, "Hold My Hand," leaked onto the Internet. The track was originally going to be included on both Akon's album and a forthcoming disc from the King of Pop, but their respective management teams opted to leave it off the records because of overexposure. Instead, Akon will work on another song solely for Jackson's project.

[...]
But Akon can't rest on the solo front for too long - collaborating is in his blood. The producer/songwriter is working on tracks for Eminem, 50 Cent, Whitney Houston, Lionel Richie and Jackson for their respective albums - all due in early '09.

"I could relax," he says. "But I feel there's still an audience of people whose attention I haven't captured yet."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12022008/entertainment/music/akon_quest_141836.htm

- all due in early '09

MJ won't release an album in early '09 :lol:

We would have had 2 singles already was that the case!

Back