December 11, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Hey guys, my computer is seriously acting up but let me see what I can manage for news and mentionings.

Happy Birthday to Jermaine today. Lots of articles about the auction...

[SIZE=-2]Reuters[/SIZE]
Michael Jackson's Neverland gates, glove for sale
[SIZE=-1]Reuters - 16 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Jill Serjeant LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The gates of Michael Jackson's famed Neverland Ranch and one of the white gloves first unveiled in his 1983 "Billie ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]People: Michael Jackson, Jessica Alba, Angelina Jolie and more [SIZE=-1]Dallas Morning News[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson Auction [SIZE=-1]Examiner.com[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson to auction white glove, Neverland gate [SIZE=-1]AFP[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]The Associated Press[/SIZE]
Michael Jackson's famous glittery glove for sale
[SIZE=-1]The Associated Press - 18 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson's glittery glove is going on the auction block. The glove, which inspired countless copycats, quips and Halloween ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Javno.hr[/SIZE]
TALK OF THE TOWN VIDEO: Michael Jackson to Auction Personal Effects
[SIZE=-1]Javno.hr, Croatia - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Finally, Michael Jackson is having one heck of a garage sale. The King of Pop will unload a treasure trove of his personal effects at an auction in spring. ...[/SIZE]

'Milk' wins big among NY critics
[SIZE=-1]San Francisco Chronicle, USA - 10 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Los Angeles - Michael Jackson's glittery glove is going on the auction block. Besides the glove, which inspired countless copycats, quips and Halloween ...[/SIZE]

Morning Mix: Tom Cruise Making Return Visit to 'Today'
[SIZE=-1]Washington Post Blogs, DC - 29 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson memorabilia auction includes glittery glove, gates to Neverland... Jerry Lewis to receive humanitarian award at Oscars. ...[/SIZE]

The King of Pop to Clean House
[SIZE=-1]NBC Philadelphia, PA - 30 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... over the years, he's accumulated too much crap, but Michael Jackson is auctioning more than 2000 items this April through Julien's Auctions. ...[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson To Auction Almost Everything He Owns
[SIZE=-1]Look To The Stars, UK - 49 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson – the King of Pop himself – is to clear out his belongings from the Neverland Ranch and auction them for charity. The 50-year-old will see ...[/SIZE]

And a few mentionings...

LiveDaily Interview: Mudvayne
[SIZE=-1]LiveDaily.com - 36 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... read into the listener's mind and write pop hits like Prince can do or George Michael or whoever, great artists, Michael Jackson or whatever. ...[/SIZE]

He's Seen The Light
[SIZE=-1]Cleveland Free Times, OH - 32 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]I remember loving Michael Jackson as a kid, and then there was beatboxing. By the time I was 17, I realized that I wanted to become a professional, ...[/SIZE]

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1954 - Jermaine La Juane Jackson was born.

1999 - MTV aired "MTV's 100 Greatest Videos Ever Made." Michael Jackson's song "Thriller" came in at #1.

LOL what idiots the media are. im surprising they arent sayign hs selling off his kids aswell lol

lool...i know..what a silly title..but hey, atleast its sending out the right message, that mike is getting rid of anything that may have any negativity..

Thanks for the news.

Happy birthday to Jermaine. :)

lool...i know..what a silly title..but hey, atleast its sending out the right message, that mike is getting rid of anything that may have any negativity..

MOejack
They didnt send out that message _ AT ALL - you said that :D
there is NOTHING in that article that states he is auctioning of
these items becuase they have negativity _ where did you see that ?

Those things do not have negativity attached to them _ Im sure MJ kept
many of his belongins from neverland but he is getting rid of stuff that he
no longer wants or needs or has a place for _ there is no need for us fans
to place negativity on this Auction _ Michael surely isnt nor is the Aution site _
they are being very positive about this _

It is the TABLOIDS JOB to be negative about this _
Certainly NOT MJ fans.

The Tabloids will assult him and make nasty comments
about it - We should be postive and supportive of MJ and his
decision to have this auction .. It is COOL :punk: many
will be Thrilled to get some of these Items and MJ will be
happy to oblige them ... to get rid of all the clutter that he
has no room for _ Neverland was huge and was decorated
to be a fantasy land _

Last edited:
MOejack
They didnt send out that message _ AT ALL - you said that :D
there is NOTHING in that article that states he is auctioning of
these items becuase they have negativity _ where did you see that ?

Those things do not have negativity attached to them _ Im sure MJ kept
many of his belongins from neverland but he is getting rid of stuff that he
no longer wants or needs or has a place for _ there is no need for us fans
to place negativity on this Auction _ Michael surely isnt nor is the Aution site _
they are being very positive about this _

It is the TABLOIDS JOB to be negative about this _
Certainly NOT MJ fans.

The Tabloids will assult him and make nasty comments
about it - We should be postive and supportive of MJ and his
decision to have this auction .. It is COOL :punk: many
will be Thrilled to get some of these Items and MJ will be
happy to oblige them ... to get rid of all the clutter that he
has no room for _ Neverland was huge and was decorated
to be a fantasy land _

Honestly, I didn't read the article, but I said that based on the title of the article :D. With regards to the auction, I don't think its negative at all, quite the opposite actually, I think its a wonderful idea. What I meant was that in doing so it removes anything that the media can attach negativity to you know, like neverland and stuff..that's all..

how about some MJ bizniz news...

Music industry is a changin'

Hollie Shaw, Financial Post Published: Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The time when musicians considered it a sell-out to appear in a TV ad or license their music for commercial purposes is long gone -- perhaps ending definitively when folkie legend Bob Dylan appeared strumming his guitar in a 2004 Victoria's Secret lingerie commercial.

(True to his word, Mr. Dylan had told reporters in 1965 that if he ever decided to sell out to commercial interests, he would do so first for "ladies' undergarments.")

Nowadays, musicians are clamouring to score TV and radio commercials or license existing tracks in order to introduce their work to new audiences, said Chris Tait, music director at Pirate Toronto, a commercial production house.

With compact disc sales falling another 10% in Canada last year and publishing royalties tied to the sale of CDs and air play on radio stations, licensing revenue is becoming a vital source of income for record companies and artists alike. The British Phonographic Industry (BPI) reported that record-label licensing income from advertisements, films and games leapt 20.1% in 2007 over the prior year.
"These days, artists in general are very interested in putting their music in advertising," said Mr. Tait, former lead singer and guitarist with the Canadian bands Chalk Circle and Big Faith. "The line between art and commerce is very grey, if it even exists any more. But Michelangelo was commissioned. Back then it was the church, and now it's Pepsi."

Altered forever by digital downloading, populist social media outlets such as YouTube and MySpace and the rise in on-line radio stations where royalties have not been set, the music business "has changed so much in recent years that a record company can't promise that it will really be able to sell an artist's records any more," added Mr. Tait, who is also a partner in Pirate affiliate Hook Music, a new online service to help advertisers locate and buy soundtracks for commercials.

"Artists are getting exposure in advertising. MTV and MuchMusic are lifestyle channels right now [with few music videos]. So unless you are the 1% of music out there on radio or video, you are out of luck."

A number of big artists have licensed their music for use in ad campaigns in recent years, including the Rolling Stones, Sting, and U2; even the Beatles song 'All You Need is Love' was used last year in a Procter & Gamble ad for Luvs diapers, although the remaining band members did not have a say in it -- Sony/ATV Music Publishing owns the rights to The Beatles' back catalogue.

In addition to introducing established artists like Bob Dylan to entirely new audiences, licensing can also catapult unknown or emerging artists into bestselling ones depending on the client and the scale of international exposure.

Canadian chanteuse Feist was already a topselling singer in this country when her song '1,2,3,4' was featured in an ad for Apple iPod Nano, but the ad was largely credited with her making a splash in the U.S. and abroad and the single became an iTunes hit.

And after agency Grip commissioned the band Major Maker to create an original short music clip for a Maynards candy TV ad, the score proved so popular that Major Maker ended up creating a full length single for the song, which quickly soared to the top of the iTunes Canada rock chart and went into heavy rotation on top 40 radio stations.

In another clear sign of the times, CBS is launching a new reality show in 2009 called 'Jingles' which will see contestants compete to write a catchy commercial track for a major brand.

Artists and brands are finding also find that they can extend the relationship beyond a basic radio or TV commercial. A campaign for Origins, a line of skin care products, featured singer KT Tunstall as a spokesperson for the brand, which in turn sponsored her tour and put product coupons in her CDs.
In some cases, the advertiser has seen its own commissioned music morph from markering material into a potential revenue stream.

Loblaw's Joe Fresh house brand of apparel has commissioned five original music tracks from production company Imprint Music to score its colourful ads. The songs have proven to be so popular that the retailer, which has offered the tracks for free download at various points on its Joe.ca web site, is contemplating issuing a compilation CD of the retro-inspired tracks after a few more releases. Of the first three songs tallied, consumers have close to 33,000 downloads from the joe.ca web site.

Commissioned work allows companies to tailor "the vibe, the feel, and the sound and ensure [that] it fits within your brand's standard and image," said spokeswoman Elizabeth Margles. "There is far more control and there is an automatic association with the brand when people listening to it because they have never heard it with anything else. People in research overhear the music and it has become identifiable with Joe even if they do not see the commercial. Even if you had the [rights to use] the most popular song ever, you would not have that."
http://www.financialpost.com/news/story.html?id=1058476

#commentform-narrow { display: none; } #recent-comments { width: auto; padding-top: 0.25em; margin: 0 0 1em 0; } #recent-comments #comment_head { font: bold 14px georgia, serif; } #recent-comments .comment_box { width: auto; margin-bottom: 0.5em; } tour_comments_off = true;

I know someone posted this earlier but its good to get the good news out again,,,
2009 Sony/ATV Grammy Nominees
Dec 05, 2008

resize_image.php

The following is a list of 2009 Sony/ATV Grammy Nominees for the 51st Annual Grammy Awards...

Album Of The Year

Tha Carter III
Lil Wayne
Babyface, Brisco, Fabolous, Jay-Z, Kidd Kidd, Busta Rhymes, Juelz Santana, D. Smith, Static Major, T-Pain & Bobby Valentino, featured artists; Alchemist, David Banner, Vaushaun "Maestro" Brooks, Cool & Dre, Andrews "Drew" Correa, Shondrae "Mr. Bangladesh" Crawford, Darius "Deezle" Harrison, Jim Jonsin, Mousa, Pro Jay, Rodnae, Skillz & Play, D. Smith, Swizz Beatz, Robin Thicke, T-Pain & Kanye West, producers; Angel Aponte, Joshua Berkman, Andrew Dawson, Joe G, Darius "Deezle" Harrison, Fabian Marasciullo, Miguel Scott, Robin Thicke, Julian Vasquez & Gina Victoria, engineers/mixers; Vlado Meller, mastering engineer
[Universal Motown/Cash Money]

Year Of The Gentleman
Ne-Yo
Chuck Harmony, Ne-Yo, Polow Da Don, StarGate, Stereotypes, Syience, Shea Taylor & Shomari "Sho" Wilson, producers; Kirven Arrington, Jeff Chestek, Kevin "KD" Davis, Mikkel Eriksen, Jaymz Hardy Martin, III, Geno Regist, Phil Tan & Tony Terrebonne, engineers/mixers; Herb Powers, Jr., mastering engineer
[Def Jam/Compound]

Raising Sand
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
T Bone Burnett, producer; Mike Piersante, engineer/mixer; Gavin Lurssen, mastering engineer
[Rounder]

Song Of The Year

Love Song
Sara Bareilles, songwriter (Sara Bareilles)
Track from: Little Voice
[Epic; Publisher: Tiny Bear Music]

Best New Artist

Jonas Brothers

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance

Love Song
Sara Bareilles
Track from: Little Voice
[Epic]

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance

Say
John Mayer
Track from: Continuum
[Columbia]

Closer
Ne-Yo
Track from: Year Of The Gentleman
[Def Jam/Compound Entertainment]

Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals

Apologize
OneRepublic
Track from: Dreaming Out Loud
[Mosley Music/Interscope Records]

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals

Rich Woman
Track from: Raising Sand
[Rounder]

Best Pop Vocal Album

Spirit
Leona Lewis
[J Records/SYCO Music]

Best Dance Recording

Just Dance
Lady Gaga & Colby O'Donis
RedOne, producer; Robert Orton, mixer
[Streamline/Interscope/Kon Live]

Disturbia
Rihanna
Brian Kennedy, producer; Phil Tan, mixer
Track from: Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded
[Def Jam]

Best Electronic/Dance Album

Bring Ya To The Brink
Cyndi Lauper
[Epic]

Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album

Noël
Josh Groban
[143/Reprise]

Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance

Gravity
John Mayer
Track from: Where The Light Is — Live In Los Angeles
[Columbia]

I Saw Her Standing There
Paul McCartney
Track from: Amoeba's Secret
[Hear Music/MPL Communications Ltd.]

Rise
Eddie Vedder
[J Records]

Best Female R&B Vocal Performance

Spotlight
Jennifer Hudson
[Arista]

Superwoman
Alicia Keys
Track from: As I Am
[J Records]

Best Male R&B Vocal Performance

Miss Independent
Ne-Yo
[Def Jam/Compound]

Can't Help But Wait
Trey Songz
Track from: Trey Day
[Atlantic]

Here I Stand
Usher
Track from: Here I Stand
[LaFace]

Best R&B Song

Miss Independent
M.S. Eriksen, T.E. Hermansen & S. Smith, songwriters (Ne-Yo)
[Def Jam/Compound; Publishers: Pen In The Ground Publishing, Universal Music-Z Tunes]

Spotlight
Mikkel S. Eriksen, Tor Erik Hermansen & Shaffer Smith, songwriters (Jennifer Hudson)
[Arista Records; Publishers: Super Sayin' Publishing/Universal Music-Z Songs, Sony/ATV Tunes, EMI Music Publishing]

Best R&B Album

Motown: A Journey Through Hitsville USA
Boyz II Men
[Decca Records]

Jennifer Hudson
Jennifer Hudson
[Arista Records]

Best Contemporary R&B Album

Growing Pains
Mary J. Blige
[Geffen]

Back Of My Lac'
J. Holiday
[Capitol Records]

First Love
Karina
[Def Jam]

Year Of The Gentleman
Ne-Yo
[Def Jam/Compound]

Fearless
Jazmine Sullivan
[J Records]

Best Rap/Sung Collaboration

Low
Flo Rida Featuring T-Pain
Track from: Mail On Sunday
[Poe Boy/Atlantic]

Best Rap Song

Low
T. Dillard, M. Humphrey & T-Pain, songwriters (Flo Rida Featuring T-Pain)
Track from: Mail On Sunday
[Poe Boy/Atlantic; Publishers: E-Class Publishing/Top Quality Publishing/NappyPub Music/Zomba Songs]

Best Rap Album

Tha Carter III
Lil Wayne
[Cash Money/Universal Motown]

The Cool
Lupe Fiasco
[1st & 15th/Atlantic]

Nas
Nas
[Def Jam]

Best Female Country Vocal Performance

This Is Me You're Talking To
Trisha Yearwood
Track from: Heaven, Heartache And The Power Of Love
[Big Machine]

Best Male Country Vocal Performance

Troubadour
George Strait
Track from: Troubadour
[MCA Nashville]

Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals

God Must Be Busy
Brooks & Dunn
Track from: Cowboy Town
[Arista Nashville]

Best Country Collaboration With Vocals

House Of Cash
George Strait & Patty Loveless
Track from: Troubadour
[MCA Nashville]

Best Country Song

Dig Two Graves
Ashley Gorley & Bob Regan, songwriters (Randy Travis)
Track from: Around The Bend
[Warner Bros.; Publishers: Songs of Combustion Music, Music of Windswept/Famous Music, Mt. Tallac Music]

Best Country Album

Troubadour
George Strait
[MCA Nashville]

Around The Bend
Randy Travis
[Warner Bros.]

Heaven, Heartache And The Power Of Love
Trisha Yearwood
[Big Machine]

Best Latin Pop Album

Palabras Del Silencio
Luis Fonsi
[Universal Music Latino]

Best Latin Urban Album

La Sinfonia
La Sinfonia
[Norte/Sony BMG]

Best Regional Mexican Album

A Puro Dolor
Nadia
[Warner Music Latina]

Best Contemporary Folk/Americana Album

Raising Sand
[Rounder Records]

All I Intended To Be
Emmylou Harris
[Nonesuch Records]

Best Comedy Album

Flight Of The Conchords
Flight Of The Conchords
[Sub Pop]

Best Compilation Soundtrack Album For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media

American Gangster
(Various Artists)
[Def Jam]

Juno
(Various Artists)
[Fox Music/Rhino]

Best Song Written For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media

Say (From The Bucket List)
John Mayer, songwriter (John Mayer)
Track from: Continuum
[Aware/Columbia; Publishers: Sony/ATV Tunes, Specific Harm Music]

Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical

Closer (StoneBridge Radio Edit)
StoneBridge, remixer (Ne-Yo)
[Def Jam]

Best Classical Contemporary Composition

Mr. Tambourine Man: Seven Poems Of Bob Dylan
John Corigliano (JoAnn Falletta)
Track from: Corigliano: Mr. Tambourine Man: Seven Poems Of Bob Dylan
[Naxos]

Best Long Form Music Video

Where The Light Is — Live In Los Angeles
John Mayer
Danny Clinch, video director; Lindha Narvaez, video producer
[Columbia]

Good Girl Gone Bad Live
Rihanna
Paul Caslin, video director; John Paveley, Ruth Paveley & Rupert Style, video producers
[Def Jam/SRP Records/Mercury Music Group/Universal Music]

http://www.sonyatv.com/index.php/articles/434

I didn't see this part in any of the articles about the auction
[The items, along with 2000 more of Jackson's personal possessions, will go on display by Julien's Auctions before the five-day auction begins on April 21, 2009, reports the Associated Press. Bids will be accepted in person and online. The sale is to be broadcast live on Auction Network.

Jackson plans to donate a portion of the sales to MusiCares, a charitable organization founded by the Recording Academy to help musicians in need.

www.eurweb.com

Wait..what's so good about the 2009 Grammy nominations? I don't see Mike there anywhere...

it's very nice of Michael to have this auction.he is cleaning Neverland and gives a lot of money for charity too:)FRESH START!

Who gives a rats backside what the tabloids are saying, Michael should sell every blade of grass at Neverland for as much as he can get, why not? It is sickening the way they salivate over it and see it as something negative, whilst ignoring how much money Michael has made/donated to charity, as well as all the terminally ill children who had a day of happiness that he paid for.

I think it is a good thing that he is shedding the past and making some dosh in the process, with his earning power he could have been touring and putting out CD's if he was that broke, the fact that he hasn't used his talent to earn millions should tell them he doesn't need to untill he is ready and willing to.

Happy birthday to Jermaine and condolences to McCauley and his family. I'm sure Michael will be there for him at this very sad time.

LOL what idiots the media are. im surprising they arent sayign hs selling off his kids aswell lol

LOL they try to make everything sound as dramatic as possible, either without knowing the facts or twisting and turning the facts in their favor, mostly they do both,
who knows.. maybe tomorrow they'll even claim that, I'm prepared for everything literally :timer:

Back