December 10, 2008: Some Michael Jackson News

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hZNgbrgnco68wdSY5q0bFdgp2MYgD94VRSR80

Michael Jackson's famous glittery glove for sale

By SANDY COHEN – 28 minutes ago
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson's glittery glove is going on the auction block.
The glove, which inspired countless copycats, quips and Halloween costumes after it was unveiled in the 1983 video for Jackson's hit "Billie Jean," will be part of a five-day auction next year, Julien's Auctions announced Wednesday.
Jackson is also unloading the grandiose gates that once led to his Neverland Ranch, along with more than 2,000 other personal items.
The King of Pop's possessions will be on display before the auction begins on April 21, 2009. Bids will be accepted in person and online. The sale is to be broadcast live on Auction Network.
Jackson plans to donate a portion of the proceeds to MusiCares, a charitable organization founded by the Recording Academy to help musicians in need.
The singer has been plagued by financial woes since he was acquitted of child-molestation charges in 2003. He went into default on his sprawling Neverland property earlier this year, before an investment company bought the loan. Last month, Jackson's lawyers reached a settlement in a $7 million breach-of-contract case brought by a Bahraini sheik.
As Jackson marked his milestone 50th birthday in August, the reclusive star hinted that he would be back to work eventually.
"(I'm) looking forward to doing a lot of great things," he told ABC News. "I think the best is yet to come in my true humble opinion."
On the Net:

http://www.zeenews.com/Entertainment/Movies-Theatre/2008-12-10/489703news.html

Surprise! 'Pop King' Michael Jackson visits Hrithik Roshan in LA!

hrithik-roshan-150.jpg
Spicezee Bureau

Mumbai, Dec 10: Looks like Bollywood’s light-eyed hunk, Hrithik Roshan has some Hollywood bigwig fan following. The actor was recently visited by the King of Pop, Michael Jackson himself. Now, that’s some pleasant surprise for someone who’s a big time Jackson fan.

spacer.gif
Grapevine has it that Hrithik couldn’t believe his eyes when the ‘Pop King’ walked into his caravan in Los Angeles, where he was stationed for the shooting of ‘Kites’, being directed by Anurag Basu.

Hrithik, who was busy decking up for the next shot stood aghast when Jackson walked in his royal style. A source close to the actor revealed, “Hrithik was in his make-up room when Michael's two bodyguards entered. He was taken aback to see these burly men enter the room. On questioning them, he learnt that they were Michael's body guards.”

Hrithik who is often seen following the jazzy Jackson moves for most of his dance sequences was shocked on learning the visitors name.

“Michael introduced himself to Hrithik. It was a funny scene to see someone like him, who the whole world knows introducing himself. The two spoke for a short time and then Michael left”, adds the source.

It is believed that the singer had come to do a recce, as he was to shoot in the same bungalow the following day.

I hope you weren't making a news thread Shannon as I didn't see a news thread being put up yet.

I hope you weren't making a news thread Shannon as I didn't see a news thread being put up yet.

lol I was still looking through Google :lol: I'll add the other stuff I found here :yes: Well I'll wait til you are done you probably have everything but I'll add the today in history :lol:

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1979 - Michael Jackson's album "Off The Wall" was certified Gold and Platinum by the RIAA.

1983 - Michael Jackson's single "Say Say Say" hit #1 on the U.S. Top 100.

1988 - Michael Jackson won Best Male Artist and Best Album Of The Year (for "Bad") at the NAACP 21st Image Awards. The show was broadcast on January 14, 1989.

1995 - Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley separated. They had been married in May 1994. They were divorced, citing irreconcilable differences, on January 18, 1996.

2004 - Michael Jackson's attorneys filed a motion to dismiss the child molestation charges against Jackson on the grounds of "vindictive prosecution and outrageous government conduct." The motion was made public on December 13.

Thanks for posting the news, guys. It was great that the Bollywood actor get to met MJ. Good for him.

holy mother....:eek:

oh man, if i could.....

so that possibility of Neverland becoming a place for fans to visit (like Graceland) we were expecting is out of question....oh man, Im sooo sad...

yeah way out of the question. u only have to look at recent pics with all the rides etc gone. i guess if it gets made into some sort of resort you could go but it looks like anything relating it to neverland is going. be nice to find out what is happening with the place.but i guess the battle was lost along time ago.

its so sad to know I'll never get to see that place...I always dreamed about it...seeing that huge gates opening up...and to think someone will buy them and I'll never get to see them....

if I was rich enough I'd buy everything and build a whole other Neverland! :(

dito.ontop of others getting exactly what they wanted and destroying the most beautiful place

Those Satan's children aka Arvizos and Chandlers ruined the whole place for Mike...

Dream is over for me.... Im so upset right now, Im beyond words...:no:

Yeaaaaa.....too bad the glove didn't premier on the video, rather the Motown 25 performance....

And this auction doesn't sound like a bad idea for Michael. He seems to have a ton of things he could do without. And I say this because he seems like a humble type of man who doesn't cling to possessions as much as an average person. And what better way to get rid of some things by an auction. Lord knows they are gonna go for HIGH prices.

I think that him finally getting things out of there was a long time coming. Within the last two or three years, stuff that used to be there started disappearing little by little. First the rides, then the animals, then the theme park building decorations I think, then the house was sold. And now this. It's heartbreaking that so much bullcrap happened to Michael to make him feel like he couldn't live there in peace anymore. But on the other hand, him getting rid of so much is a sign to me that he's finally getting his life in order after some numb-nuts turned it upside-down. I think he felt it was just time to let it go. He doesn't need reminders of all the pain he had to go through when a bunch of people decided they were going to try and bring him down . I think he has made the right decision for himself and for his future.

Last edited:
Michael is very shrewd, and maybe this is a subtle hint that the old image is gone and a new one will emerge.

I bet his imagination and innovation is working overtime.

Michael Jackson's famous glittery glove for sale

i am bewildered. i hate the way media relate it to him in need.
he may just wanna sell them just because he doesn't need them.

1995 - Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley separated. They had been married in May 1994. They were divorced, citing irreconcilable differences, on January 18, 1996.
OH! :doh:

I feel like it's a good thing for Michael to let go of the past and start afresh. He had more stuff than he could ever need or use anyway. Better sold than put in storage. The stuff is worth a lot of money that could be put to better use. I'm not saying he's broke or any of that, only that it's a shame for anybody to have valuable things just sitting there.

If anything affordable is on sale, I might even buy it just for the heck of it. At least this time Michael is selling because he wants to and he gets the money, as opposed to the last auction.

Out with the OLD and in with the NEW!! I would love to purchase something but my itty bitty budget won't even allow me to even dream of bidding on anything. I guess I will sort through the leftovers and see if I can afford something like a papertowel or an old tv guide he once had in his room lol. Michael has tons of stuff and I am sure he would rather share it with his fans instead of having it sit in the house and in storage collecting dust and becoming a fire hazard.
I really hate the way the media makes it seem as if this is a must needed "yard sale". If you ask me the same people that are bashing him now will be the first ones to place a bid on the "glove".

Aww cool! I like Hrithik. :) Very awesome he got to meet Michael. :woohoo: lol

Back