Debbie Rowe to attend memorial

ClassX

Proud Member
Michael Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe will attend the pop superstar's memorial service.

Michael's former business associate Marc Schaffel told US show Good Morning America that Debbie, who is the mother of Michael's two oldest children, was confirmed for VIP seats.

Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for Los Angeles City Council said she'd "love it" if the Jacksons helped defray some of the city's expected costs associated with the memorial, but that officials hadn't heard from the family.

More than 1.6 million fans registered online for a chance to attend the Staples Center ceremony, and only 8,750 names were chosen. Los Angeles officials are concerned about other fans clogging city streets.

The Rev. Al Sharpton, who also appeared on Good Morning America, made no mention of whether the Jacksons would help the city with some of the expected costs.

"The city is trying to do what it should do to secure people," said Sharpton, a family friend. "That's what cities do. Clearly, no one in the family are happy that the city is incurring any expense at all. You're talking about an historic figure that will have an historic celebration, probably one that we would not see similar in this generation."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5joSndhkw3YQnhr4Xn4roRb6PUTrQ

!!!!!!!!!!NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!!
An attorney for Debbie Rowe says Michael Jackson's ex-wife is backing out of plans to attend the pop superstar's memorial service.

Rowe, the mother of Jackson's two oldest children, had originally planned to attend Tuesday's memorial service at the Staples Center.

But Rowe attorney Marta Almli said Monday her attendance would be "an unnecessary distraction" and that Rowe will "celebrate Michael's memory privately."

Meanwhile, Rowe got testy with reporters in a parking lot when she was asked about the details of the custody battle.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/06/entertainment/main5137383.shtml

Last edited:
I don't know in depth about the situation or how it was left when they divorced, but if she has any type of relatioship with the kids then I guess she should be at the funeral itself, if only for them.

I don't know in depth about the situation or how it was left when they divorced, but if she has any type of relatioship with the kids then I guess she should be at the funeral itself, if only for them.

Yes... That is a real good point.

shes denied it shes not going she said it will give the media to much ammo and this is about mj no one else

The fact that Michael left her out of the will --- well specifically made it known that she was intentionally left out of the will, I think this would indicate that she would not be welcome to the service.

Apparently the children called the nanny, Grace, "mom". They 'met' Debbie rarely.

The fact that she sold her children and now wants them back is still really getting my back up.

This money hungry heffa should sit her ass on her couch and watch it on TV. Emotions are running high right now, this is not a good time for any hater/leech/parasite/vulture to be around MJ fans.

No need to slam someone who was a vital witness in Michaels trial, and most of all, the mother of two of his children. She supported him after Bashir... Shame on those vicious words of some of you.

And furthermore:
Her attorney sends us this statement:
"The onslaught of media attention has made it clear her attendance would be an unnecessary distraction to an event that should focus exclusively on Michael's legacy. Debbie will continue to celebrate Michael's memory privately."

This money hungry heffa should sit her ass on her couch and watch it on TV. Emotions are running high right now, this is not a good time for any hater/leech/parasite/vulture to be around MJ fans.

no kidding. she's always tried getting more and more $$ from Michael.

just saw her screaming obscenities at some photographers. uh, like, stay home right now if you can't take the heat

she denied it
shes not going she said it will give the media to much ammo and this is about MJ no one else

I respect that ..
MJ never attacked the mother of his children
probably he cared to much for his children to do that to them
dont you think ...

He had no ill will toward Debbie
she gave him two beautiful amazing children
NEVER for get that ..

she denied it
shes not going she said it will give the media to much ammo and this is about MJ no one else

I respect that ..
MJ never attacked the mother of his children
probably he cared to much for his children to do that to them
dont you think ...

He had no ill will toward Debbie
she gave him two beautiful amazing children
NEVER for get that ..

Yah we just got a new update
An attorney for Debbie Rowe says Michael Jackson's ex-wife is backing out of plans to attend the pop superstar's memorial service.

Rowe, the mother of Jackson's two oldest children, had originally planned to attend Tuesday's memorial service at the Staples Center.

But Rowe attorney Marta Almli said Monday her attendance would be "an unnecessary distraction" and that Rowe will "celebrate Michael's memory privately."

Meanwhile, Rowe got testy with reporters in a parking lot when she was asked about the details of the custody battle.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/06/entertainment/main5137383.shtml

not according to TMZ
http://www.tmz.com/

"The onslaught of media attention has made it clear her attendance would be an unnecessary distraction to an event that should focus exclusively on Michael's legacy. Debbie will continue to celebrate Michael's memory privately."

No need to slam someone who was a vital witness in Michaels trial, and most of all, the mother of two of his children. She supported him after Bashir... Shame on those vicious words of some of you.

Exactly! Well said!

And furthermore:

I agree the woman defended Michael many times, If she was really a money grubber she would of sued him many more times. She is probaly stepping in because she wants to have a relationship the kids since Mike is gone. It's her right.

not according to TMZ
http://www.tmz.com/

I am relieved she isnt going to attend the memorial, the memorial should be about celebrating Michaels life. We need to watch the event to cherish our own personal memories and enjoy it, not sit there and question the attendance of some questionable attendees.

Back