Day advance notice TV Alert for 08/19/2009

CindyRilla

Proud Member
I'm posting this TV ALERT a day in advance as this show will run for TWO HOURS on AUGUST 19th, 2009. I know some out there have already seen this as it originally aired in 2003, but for others like me that have not seen this may want to make time to record and watch this show.

Also note the FUTURE AIRDATES that this show will run if you miss this tomorrow.
And notice that they will also run this often on AUGUST 29TH, 2009, Michael's Birthday:

The E! True Hollywood Story
Michael Jackson
Singer Michael Jackson's life from childhood to superstardom.

Remote Record
Channel E(236)
Airdate Wednesday, August 19
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM (120 minutes)

Genre Documentary / Biography

Original Air Date June 08, 2003

Future Airdates
Fri Aug 21 4:00 AM E (236 )
Mon Aug 24 2:00 PM E (236 )
Sat Aug 29 4:00 AM E (236 )
Sat Aug 29 8:00 AM E (236 )
Sat Aug 29 1:00 PM E (236 )
Sat Aug 29 5:00 PM E (236 )

Is this the same show they ran all day long on the day of Michael's funeral?

i like this, the whole tv update thing. We should have one everyday or everyweek. Something in those terms because I never know when they are going to give Michael Jackson stuff on tv. I have to casually come across it and I always find it mid way.

Is this the same show they ran all day long on the day of Michael's funeral?

I don't think so- I think I would have caught it when I did a search on my TV program thing.. but then again, I was only focusing on the funeral and recording those shows from various channels that were broadcasting the funeral that day.

Does anyone know if this will make it to the UK E Entertainment channel?

Does anyone know if this will make it to the UK E Entertainment channel?
Just had a look, and I'm not seeing it listed at the moment. It'll probably be shown at some point, but it's not listed yet (the listings only go so far ahead (varies with channel), and they do get changed).

Apart from E!, according to digiguide, BET (191 on Sky) has a couple of MJ programs on the 29th, Bio (156) is showing 'The Michael Jackson Story' on the same day, the Bliss music channel (372) is having a Michael Jackson weekend this weekend, Channel 4 has 'Michael Jackson: His Story' on the 27th and 29th, MTV have 'Michael Jackson: A UK Tribute' at 4pm on the 29th, MTV Base has 'Michael Jackson Uncut' (full-length videos apparently) at 11pm on the 29th and that seems to be about it at the moment apart from a few other repeats and video shows.

I'm not sure about that... however, I plan to record this and upload it on one of two places:

HERE on FileFront with others I've posted there (if it will upload there..)

Or HERE (on my personal web site) if it does not upload on FileFront

oo, please do:jump::flowers:

Is it positive?

oo, please do:jump::flowers:

Is it positive?

Hun, I have no idea if it is positive or not.. (as posted earlier I missed seeing this. I missed MANY things in 2003 and in 2004 as well because as my twin boys were born in 2003...)

I imagine, or rather HOPE that it will be positive. Bcause after all, they are scheduling to play it several times ON HIS B-DAY. If it's not, that channel will get an earful from me I tell ya! :)

It's the same one that aired the day of the memorial. It's been the same one for years, they just keep adding on when something happens. It's nothing negative, I like the THS, they usually stay on track with the facts.
Original airdate was 6-8-03

The E! channel is playing another Michael Jackson show right now... It has been on before and is mostly positive - I believe this was originally shown in June 2009 (but originally aired YEARS ago) in the UK and then finally played here in the US on TVOne Channel a month later, and now showing on this channel - this version most likely add a bit on the This Is It announcement, then a statement that Michael passed away...

It is called "The Michael Jackson Story" and runs for 60 minutes (about 43 minutes after taking out the commercials) and is another keeper.

Last edited:
It's the same one that aired the day of the memorial. It's been the same one for years, they just keep adding on when something happens. It's nothing negative, I like the THS, they usually stay on track with the facts.
Original airdate was 6-8-03

THS did pretty good with this didn't they? Made me cry all over again in the beginning and the end of this 2 hour special.

My system recorded this and turned out to be close to 7 GIGS in raw mpeg format. I'll edit out the commercials, then will have to convert it to something else like AVI format so I can upload and share this with you guys. Will take me a day but I am working on it now while I keep up with my twins.
I promise I will get this posted out there for you guys..as it is a KEEPER for any Michael Jackson fan.

As I edit and work this video up, I often pause the video and cry and look into Michael's eyes and think the same words that Jermaine had said in a recent interview--- "I wish it were me and not him" I do wish it were me and not Michael that passed away on June 25th 2009.

It is a day I will NEVER forget for as long as I live.. where I was, what I was doing, who I was with, and how I found out of his passing. That day just re-runs over and over in my mind.

Last edited:
I'm posting this TV ALERT a day in advance as this show will run for TWO HOURS on AUGUST 19th, 2009. I know some out there have already seen this as it originally aired in 2003, but for others like me that have not seen this may want to make time to record and watch this show.

Also note the FUTURE AIRDATES that this show will run if you miss this tomorrow.
And notice that they will also run this often on AUGUST 29TH, 2009, Michael's Birthday:

The E! True Hollywood Story
Michael Jackson
Singer Michael Jackson's life from childhood to superstardom.

Remote Record
Channel E(236)
Airdate Wednesday, August 19
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM (120 minutes)

Genre Documentary / Biography

Original Air Date June 08, 2003

Future Airdates
Fri Aug 21 4:00 AM E (236 )
Mon Aug 24 2:00 PM E (236 )
Sat Aug 29 4:00 AM E (236 )
Sat Aug 29 8:00 AM E (236 )
Sat Aug 29 1:00 PM E (236 )
Sat Aug 29 5:00 PM E (236 )

Thank you very much for posting this alert. I set my DVR up to record it.

Back