Das Racist Single "Michael Jackson" Now Available

Ashtanga

Proud Member
Das Racist Single "Michael Jackson" Now Available

After releasing plenty of good stuff for free in 2010, Das Racist are back for your money.
"Michael Jackson," the first single off the Brooklyn rappers' debut album Relax, hit iTunes Tuesday morning for the reasonable sum of 99 cents. Don't want to pay for it? Sit Down, Man.

Indeed, even on its own merit, "Michael Jackson" is worth the $1 you would have otherwise spent on Taco Bell (or Pizza Hut, or both).

Himanshu Suri (Heems) tries on a gruff, Latin-gangsta flow that I can't take seriously, and wraps up by simply announcing, "Yeah, I'm f***ing great at rapping." Victor Vazquez (Kool A.D.) is full of awesome non-sequiturs like "I'm DJ Khaled/I'm a Daikon radish," and the delirious, Bhangra-percussion beat gives way to a chorus as repetitively catchy as "Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell."

Relax arrives in full on Sept. 13. Maybe you should buy it. You should probably buy it.

UPDATE: You should still buy it. But here's the stream, so you can be sure:

Listen here > http://soundcloud.com/transdreamer/das-racist-michael-jackson

Das Racist - Michael Jackson
by Transdreamer

BY AUG 2, 2011 AT 08:13 EDT | PRINT[/COLOR]

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/blogs/non...-Michael-Jackson-Now-Available-126581353.html

:ph34r:

I never heard of these guys. :fear:

dam2040;3448643 said:
What sort of thing is said about Michael?

They speak/sing so fast. :doh: I found this lyric:

[Hook]
Michael Jackson
A million dollars
You feel me?
Holler!
Michael Jackson
One million dollars
You feel me?
Holler!

[Verse 1: Heems]
These rap cats is on some fashion scene shit
Skip that shit that I spit to talk about how my jeans fit
But I got a clean grip on the game
Some mean shit
And you seen the team that I spread my Greedhead schemes wit
Well it’s your boy, like a Queens street chumpa
Heems the ruler
Medulla create the moola
And Me, I just do the rumba, por que esta es la rumba
And we, we are the future
Abdullah, see that’s my shooter
The ruger, he keep it super
Duper, Abdul’ll shoot ya
He’ll knock you right out your Supras
Knock right out your Pumas
Doctor give you the sutures
Victor is in the cooter in tune with a boo from Hooters
While Dap is on the computer
Lakutis the clean up hitter
Call him the pooper scooper
Alec an Oompa Loompa
Retooler the school of looters
Hakuna matata Pumba
Por que esta es la rumba
Yeah, I’m fucking great at rapping

[Hook]

[Verse 2: Kool AD]
Call me Janet Jackson
I got a hundred dollars
I got the jungle fever
Run with a hundred zebras
I got a leather jacket
I got a little hat on
I’m drinking carbonated water by the quarter gallon
I got an Eagle Talon
Call me Richie Valens
Me no speakie spanish
Valium and caeser salad
I’m DJ Khaled
I’m a Daikon radish
See me next to sushi sexually
I’ll sex your coochie
Extra juicy
Electrocute me
Fire scientist
McGuyver my appliances
Describe the flyest buying this
I am this, I insist
Shout to all the highnesses requiring that I’ll buy them shit
You go girl, it’s your world
Watching Parenthood
R. Kelly meeting at the hotel
Woah

[Hook]

[Verse 3]
Yo Victor, good at rapping
Yo Hima, you good at rapping
Yo Victor, you genus latin
Yo Hima, you Eric Clapton
Yo VIctor, we going platinum
Yo Hima, we finna clap them
Kool AD’s finna happen
We see the cream and we grab them
Yo Victor, just let me stab them
Chill Hima, we in Manhattan
Let’s move the static to Staten
Move the static to Staten?
Let’s move this static to Queens
Damn, you crazy Heems
Damn, that’s very true
That’s how we do

[Hook]
http://www.lyricsnotes.com/2011/08/das-racist-michael-jackson.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Lyricsnotescom+(LyricsNotes.com)

:fear:

What terrible lyrics, the song can't be much better I imagine, and is not worthy to have Michael's name in it at all.

Just name your song or book or whatever "Michael Jackson" and people will buy it... :(

great at rappimg? this is crap....barely any thin to do with MJ...it meantions his name...and Das Racist...i dont feel you.

That doesnt even look like a song! i swear the music business lost its magic touch years ago. No longer are the days when music brought magic & love into ppl 's lives

that is the stupidest song i have ever seen! When Michael Died so did the music.

Ladies and Gentlemen on this thread, there is so much more hidden under the rug in the "music business", so don't be surprised at this....rap. (can't call it a song, there ain't no singin') This is a VERY new rap group who only formed around '08-'09. Their rap style is so unlike the canned ish we hear on the TV's radios and clubs, people either think it's absolute brilliance or utter junk.

You can't lie, some of these guys' rap style is soooooo far beyond what we understand as rapping right now anyways.

For a Hip-Hop/Rap song, I like it. Don't love it. I just like it.

I respect it, howabout that

Let me also add that all of you here need not fret as this song probably won't see the light of day on a radio station, club or television program. Might hear it as background music for a new underground scene, thas about it!

I didn't listen to the song, but the lyrics alone makes me cringe.

This new single by Poly Styrene is much better

http://youtu.be/Un67petByJw

She apparently wrote this about Michael after he died. She has since died of cancer - this is her first posthumous single release.
(My own thread for this song got moved and therefor 'hidden' by the mods last week so you probably won't have seen it)

That's 10 seconds of my life I'll never ever get back.

One of the worst songs I've heard in my life.

hmmm,.

Is this like a tribute to MJ or ?

The Estate was informed and have shut down video.

I might sound stupid here, but I have re read the lyrics like 5 times and still don't get what's going on lol! Has anyone understood what the lyrics mean?? My God music truly has died since Michael left us!

That sucked and in no way should be associated with Michael Jackson. Clearly not musically or what he stood for. A Gross exploitation of using MJ name where is is not deserved. and I publically made that statement on the article. Enough already

No! It is without any sense... complete bullshit. :puke:

Than I'm not the only one! You are right it is complete bullshit!!

That sucked and in no way should be associated with Michael Jackson. Clearly not musically or what he stood for. A Gross exploitation of using MJ name where is is not deserved. and I publically made that statement on the article. Enough already

I totally agree with you!! Michael Jackson is a LEGEND and a HUMAN... NOT a "commerical marketting strategy" knor a freakin' "bank machine"... this has got to stop at one point!! I don't know how much more I'm gonna take of people using Michael like this!!

Back