Darling Nikki (Prince) vs. Dirty Diana (Michael)

The Dancin Machine

Proud Member
I'm not comparing these two artists. I'm just trying to see what song, you guys like more.

Well the reason I picked these two is because they remind me of each other.
Both having to do with Seduction of sorts, and both pretty edgy.
I was watching Purple Rain yesterday on TVONE and when I saw that
part where he began performing Darling Nikki, it reminded me of Dirty Diana,
for some reason. Probably the sexual vibe and tale it told.

But which do you guys prefer?
I know since this is an MJ forum most people will say 'Dirty Diana',
but I just want to know what you guys think.

Oh and please no, "Michael wipes the floor with Prince" or "Prince Sucks", or even the other way around. No artist bashing, flaming or pointless spam.

Is there site I can listen to Darling NIkki :huh:? I read somewhere that Dirty Diana is Michael's version of Darling Nikki, he even said DN's guilty pleasure :huh:
But of course DD wins though :D To me DD's the best song ever!

Last edited:
Thank PYTiani :D
And after listening, um :huh: Dont know what to make of this song yet :huh: Maybe it'll grow on me :lol:

You're welcome. You can call me Ti, if you like.
I doubt it'll grow on you if you detest those sexual songs. Took it awhile to grow on me.

Dirty Diana, its one of the best songs ever! Michaels energy on it is simply amazing

darling nikki wins hands down!

when prince screams at the end i dont think anything could beat it. plus darling nikki has a more rocky edge and feel to it and i dono, it has more emotion to it. probably because of the context in which its used in the film (taking a dig at apollonia lol)

so yeah, thats my view =]

Dirty Diana wins for me, i love the rock edge to it and the lyrics, the video, everything :D
but i like "Darling Nikki" too, i like Prince :)

please dont make me get my bat lol. michael clearly wins this battle..i will now make my exit

"Darling Nikki" may have dirtier lyrics, but I think DD is sexier :). I love the power and angst in Michael's voice in the song. If Prince could sing as well as Michael, I might have gone with Darlin Nikki, but Mike's voice is just too damn good, so I'm gonna have to go with "Dirty Diana" all the way!

"Darling Nikki" is just one Prince song I could never really get into.

Hmmm...Seems we got mixed reviews here. I adore them both.
Not because of the Sexual Lyrics, but because of the pure edge, and creativity I find in these songs.
They're both artistically excellent songs.

Back