Dangerous - Two albums in one?

analogue

Proud Member
I don't know if anyone else feels the same why but i have often felt that the Dangerous album is two albums in one.

You have the Micheal Jackson/Teddy Riley part of the album
1. Jam
2. Why You Wanna Trip On Me
3. In The Closet
4. She Drives Me Wild
5. Remember The Time
6. Can't Let Her Get Away
7. Dangerous

and then you have the MJ part of the album
1. Heal The World
2. Black Or White
3. Who Is It
4. Give Into Me
5. Will You Be There
6. Gone Too Soon
7. Keep The Faith

I just think that when the song goes from Can't Let Her Get Away to Heal The World i feel as if it's switched over to a different album.

Interesting observation. It could explain why it's considered to be his best album by a lot of fans.

Dangerous is truly a remarkable album. How many other albums from 1991 still sound that fresh in 2010? Look at what Madonna and Prince were doing back then. Prince's Diamonds & Pearls album is barely listenable these days, full of cringeful rapping, dated drum beats and overblown production. As for Madonna, Erotica sounds very early 90s and the majority of that album hasn't aged well.

Songs like Who Is It, Will You Be There, In The Closet and Give Into Me are timeless. They don't sound dated whatsoever.

Last edited:
My friend only likes the Teddy songs but not the rest of it. He said they should have put Dangerous with the rest of the Teddy songs instead of at the end so he doesn't have to skip songs and just cut the CD off when the stuff he likes finishes, lol. But he does like one of the remixes for Who Is It. I knew another person who was the same, but liked Give In To Me & Keep The Faith in addition to the New Jack tracks.

I completely agree with this...The album really is absolutely timeless :wub:

Interesting observation. It could explain why it's considered to be his best album by a lot of fans.

Dangerous is truly a remarkable album. How many other albums from 1991 still sound that fresh in 2010? Look at what Madonna and Prince were doing back then. Prince's Diamonds & Pearls album is barely listenable these days, full of cringeful rapping, dated drum beats and overblown production. As for Madonna, Erotica sounds very early 90s and the majority of that album hasn't aged well.

Songs like Who Is It, Will You Be There, In The Closet and Give Into Me are timeless. They don't sound dated whatsoever.

Well said MattyJam!

Dangerous is such a timeless and legendary album along with all his other ones;)

If you have the vinyl of Dangerous, (and Dangerous was the last Michael Jackson album to be sold widely on vinyl) the album comes on two vinyl discs, almost in the with the same track list order that analogue listed for his Teddy Riley and Michael Jackson sides of the album.

Vinyl Disc One:

01. Jam
02. Why You Wanna Trip On Me
03. In The Closet
04. She Drives Me Wild
05. Remember The Time
06. Can't Let Her Get Away
07. Heal The World

Vinyl Disc Two:

01. Black Or White
02. Who Is It
03. Give Into Me
04. Will You Be There
05. Keep The Faith
06. Gone To Soon
07. Dangerous

Dangerous isn't a favorite of my Michael Jackson albums. And I hated it when I bought it on it's day of release in 1991. I remember putting my head in my hands and feeling very disappointed. Some songs I likes immediately like Who Is It, Will You Be There, Black Or White and In The Closet. But the most of Teddy Riley stuff I hated.

The Dangerous album grew on me, and I ended up loving Jam when it was released (I don't think the current versions of Dangerous have the same mix of Jam as the original 1991 releases. As Jam sounds very stiff and clunky on it's original 1991 release to me ?)as a single with a much fresher sounding mix. But around 4yrs ago I heard Remember The Time on the radio, it's a good song but not a favorite of mine. But I was transfixed by the song, because I couldn't believe how fresh and modern it sounded, and that song made me listen to the Dangerous album again. My opinion changed for the better. It doesn't contain my favorite Michael Jackson songs (though Jam and Who Is It are among my favorite Michael Jackson songs), but the production of Dangerous is flawless and way ahead of it's time and it's a very sounding cohesive album. I prefer the HIStory album for it's songs, but production wise Dangerous is among Michael's greatest album (but Michael never made a rubbish album). And I love Dangerous the more I listen to it.

Last edited:
Keep The Faith is probably the most dated song on the album. The 80's sounding synthy base sounded dated when the CD first came out. Sounded like something off BAD which was 80's synth heavy.

LOVE the rest of this cd. Will you be there and Who is it? are probably some of MJ's most timeless songs. Nothing about those songs scream 1991.

I always felt...and still do feel, that Dangerous is by far Michael's best album of them all.

When I listen to the album, it feels like I'm listening to a story. Each song flows into 1 another so well. I've always thought Michael could have done a music video for each track, that would flow into the next song.

Such a great album

I got this album when it came out. Its true i got the feeling with the album was based on that new jack swing vibe then it switches to the other songs which MJ did by himself. Its more like a rush to the head on the first half and calms down in the middle till it ends with Dangerous

I love the dangerous album, its a timeless classic !! I agree with Skizzorpuppy about Keep The Faith being the most dated, but other than that the album aged extremly well !!
The new jack swing feel doesn't ruin the album either, or date it ;)

Always has been my favourite MJ album. Love every song. I probably play Jam the most and keep the faith the least. Amazing album. I think his most creative album ever.

Dangerous had to grow on me, too. I got it as a Christmas present not long after I really started getting into Michael's music. I already owned Off The Wall and Thriller, but I didn't know many of the songs from Dangerous, besides Black or White. Didn't take long, though, and I was lovin' it.

One thing that always gets on my nerves is when I read reviews of Dangerous and they just HAVE to mention that Nirvana's Nevermind album knocked it off the No. 1 spot and that was the "symbolic takeover" of grunge. I really don't see how that has anything to do with Dangerous being a good album or not!

One thing that always gets on my nerves is when I read reviews of Dangerous and they just HAVE to mention that Nirvana's Nevermind album knocked it off the No. 1 spot and that was the "symbolic takeover" of grunge. I really don't see how that has anything to do with Dangerous being a good album or not!

:clapping: Well said! :D

Yeah the comparison of Dangerous with Nevermind is BS. What the media doesn't tell you, is that holiday season when the numbers of the album jumped, it wasn't because of actual sales, but returns of other cds/tapes/albums, in exchange for Nevermind.

I'm willing to bet to this day Dangerous is still outselling Nevermind. No disrespect to Nirvana, good band, Kurt Cobain was a brilliant song writter, but Dangerous was and still is better than their album.

I don't know if anyone else feels the same why but i have often felt that the Dangerous album is two albums in one.

I just think that when the song goes from Can't Let Her Get Away to Heal The World i feel as if it's switched over to a different album.

I totally agree. I feel the same, and because this it's my favorite album of all the time and all artists I like! We have the ''two'' Michaels in Dangerous! The Michael perfomer, sexy, romantic, dancer and other way the Michael that take care of the children and the world, a ''Michael more human''

If you have the vinyl of Dangerous, (and Dangerous was the last Michael Jackson album to be sold widely on vinyl) the album comes on two vinyl discs, almost in the with the same track list order that analogue listed for his Teddy Riley and Michael Jackson sides of the album.

Vinyl Disc One:

01. Jam
02. Why You Wanna Trip On Me
03. In The Closet
04. She Drives Me Wild
05. Remember The Time
06. Can't Let Her Get Away
07. Heal The World

Vinyl Disc Two:

01. Black Or White
02. Who Is It
03. Give Into Me
04. Will You Be There
05. Keep The Faith
06. Gone To Soon
07. Dangerous

I think the idea was this. Two albums. Michael was a talented and innovative genius! I don't have doubts!

Back