Dangerous Tour Mexico.

azza

Proud Member
I have a bootleg copy of the 93 show & it's probably the most emotional performance i've ever seen.It was the last show & the strain & stress was the most evident from the worlds most professional entertainer.He was an emotional reck on stage & was clearly high on demerol or valium (diazepam) due to trying to cope with the presure of the allegations & carrying the weight of the worlds media on his shoulders.
Pepsi also boycotted the tour which must have been a massive kick in the teeth to Jackson who had grossed millions since the early 80's during The Victory Tour & The Bad World Tour as well as a series of comercials.
Jackson also suffered other various health problems & injuries due to exhaustion & dehydration.The drugs effected the last few performances before the rest of the tour was cancled.

But Jackson as always made changes for the 2nd leg & it (IMHO) would have been the better leg.Just like the 2nd legs of The Bad World Tour & The HIStory World Tour he changed a few things including Lights,pyrotechnichs,Choreograpy & the Set List & this would have been the peak of a work in progress & arguably his finest ever live show.

I found a few notes today i made last year of the Mexico show & here's a rough list of a few things from my favourite Dangerous show.

11/11/1993 Aztec Stadium - Mexico City, Mexico - 100,000

Jam-The Black Jacket with gold military belts.New choreography.New Lights (Green Lazers).Synth Bass added to give the track a real kick.The bass was actually left off the original recording to give it the New Jack Swing sound.New pyrotechnichs.The 93 Jam was the performance perfected & demonstrates Jacksons genius & search for perfection.This is the definitive live version.

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin-Jackson is lost on stage & clearly somethings not right.He gets a verse wrong but the band help him out.Dancing is weak (for jackson at his peak).

Human Nature-Weak vocals & dance performance.He's clearly tired & it's half hearted.

Smooth Criminal-Good Dance performance & the miming helps him through it.

I Just Can't Stop Loving You-Good vocals but stays center stage & misses his que for stage right for the spotlight for SOOML.

She's Out Of My Life-Good in parts but looks tired.

Motown Medley-Good performance but is going through the motions & it's second nature to him anyways.

Thriller-The stage isin't raised so no tombs.New use of red lights apart from the green.A black sheet is put over him for the MJ-double with mask to come on.New choreograpy.Good performance.

Billie Jean-Meaningful performance, "people always told me be careful what you do" he means it tonight.Good Moonwalk.Good performance.

We Are The World-The backing singers come center stage for a sing along.The crowd hold lighters up.Meaningful.

Will You Be There-Heartbreaking to watch.Two kids join Jackson & hold his hand.When he speaks the spoken part toward the end he almost breaks down.No Angel to land behind him & wrap wings around him for protection or comfort.

Black Or White-Really good performance.No jennifer Batten tonight so a guest guitar player which is refreshing.Jackson uses the crane for this performance.It works really well for this track.Something is thrown on stage.A crew member gets it lol.

Dangerous-Amazing & i believe it's the closest version to the album version including the bridge-"My baby left me here tonight".does a spin in the reverse of how he usually does it.He would go on to constantly rework the performance in the years following developing & perfecting the dance as a visual masterpiece.

Ballet Interlude-A stunning Ballet piece with the globe.The globe almost rolls off the stage but Jackson gets to it in time.

Heal The World-Average performance.Stage not raised & the fact it's mimed gets him through it.Michael puts the kid he lifts up down again pretty quickly

Man In The Mirror-Great performance,great spins.Jacksons hair band gets stuck & he can't get it off.Stage Manager chases him round the stage to remove it lol.Michael does a bit of the Heartbreak Hotel hop in the Mexican MITM show.

It's such a shame that his world came crashing down around him with those awful acusations.At a time when he was on the road doing what he does best & ever perfecting it,Mexico 93 or any of the 2nd leg shows would have made an amazing live dvd (not that it would be released).
In all The Dangerous World Tour is arguably his greatest ever live show.Certainly the 2nd leg had the potential to be his finest moment.

Back