Which version

• Album version

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • Early version

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

HIStory

Proud Member
Which version do you prefer? The one that ended up on the album?

(Sorry, I couldn't find the original on YT. Sony took it off :( )

Or the early version:

I personally prefer the early version. It's more exciting to me. Yeah, it's true it's not yet a totally finished song, but I think it would have been great if this version had made it on the album.

BTW, it's a shame it has never been released as a single (I know why :( ).

I voted for album version, but the demo is very good too.
There is another demo, or extended version or something, of Dangerous, and that one is really really good. Cant seem to find it now unfortunately..

Meh, find the early demo boring. Same melody as Streetwalker makes it even more boring. His vocals are too low.

Nothing beats the orginal.

Yeah, I prefer the album version....I always skip the early version on the Ultimate Collection :blush:

^ Are you people serious? -_- :lol:

I find the early version 100% better..The instrumentals are much more interesting to me..I also find his vocals are pretty cool in it..They definitely should have put the early version onto the album IMO ;)

I find the early version 100% better..The instrumentals are much more interesting to me..I also find his vocals are pretty cool in it..They definitely should have put the early version onto the album IMO ;)

I don't know..i just prefer the album version.....I do like demos though....like, I love the P.Y.T early version, and just ADORE TGIM demo...better than the original

Last edited:
^ Well I think because it is an unfinished version...but I mean if it were to be more polished up like the one the album then it would just be amazing..I find this version has more mysterious vibe to it too, I just love it :)

^^ i edited my post lol ....mysterious is a good way to describe it though :D

^ I love the PYT SO DAMN MUCH, OMG! :lol: , seriously, it's such an amazing song and as great as the album version is, with the little chimpmunky sounds and stuff..The early version has such a great vibe and sound to it...

I've never heard TGIM demo :bugeyed

^ I love the PYT SO DAMN MUCH, OMG! :lol: , seriously, it's such an amazing song and as great as the album version is, with the little chimpmunky sounds and stuff..The early version has such a great vibe and sound to it...

I've never heard TGIM demo :bugeyed

Yeah, i agree I love them both equally!!

TGIM demo is used as the basis for the remix that Will.I.Am did for Thriller 25....I'll PM it to you...

The Intro on the album version is unreal!!! i love it so much, don't just focus on the big orchestra hit things, you know the BAM, BAM BAM. Listen to the swirling pads in the bg that hold the chords, along with the bass notes against the beat. It's cool as anything, i like certain features though from both versions, and while i prefer the album version i wish parts of the early version could have been featured in the album version, for example i love the section begining at 3:35 in that video, tighten the production abit, stick in cooler sweep sounds, perhaps some cool piano lines, slightly jazzy, but keeping that sexy feel perhaps feature the orchestra hits used in the intro over the synth pads, ever bar or 2. I also love the outro begining at 5:48, it sounds so cool, so almost james bond i love it, i'd get rid of that bass and beat though, stick a piano line in over the strings over a differen't beat and cooler bass it's like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2XqWxu4lsY at 2:43 you can hear that cool piano, you don't wanna overuse it though, cause it could become cheesy as hell. But there is a lot i would like to do to dangerous! believe me.

early version is so demo, but it's AWESOME, i'd really like to hear the finished one
I think I like both versions equally

^ Well I think because it is an unfinished version...but I mean if it were to be more polished up like the one the album then it would just be amazing..I find this version has more mysterious vibe to it too, I just love it :)

Exactly! ;)

The Intro on the album version is unreal!!! i love it so much, don't just focus on the big orchestra hit things, you know the BAM, BAM BAM. Listen to the swirling pads in the bg that hold the chords, along with the bass notes against the beat. It's cool as anything, i like certain features though from both versions, and while i prefer the album version i wish parts of the early version could have been featured in the album version, for example i love the section begining at 3:35 in that video, tighten the production abit, stick in cooler sweep sounds, perhaps some cool piano lines, slightly jazzy, but keeping that sexy feel perhaps feature the orchestra hits used in the intro over the synth pads, ever bar or 2. I also love the outro begining at 5:48, it sounds so cool, so almost james bond i love it, i'd get rid of that bass and beat though, stick a piano line in over the strings over a differen't beat and cooler bass it's like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2XqWxu4lsY at 2:43 you can hear that cool piano, you don't wanna overuse it though, cause it could become cheesy as hell. But there is a lot i would like to do to dangerous! believe me.

K, now you guys got me more interested in it! :lol:

^^...maybe i need to listen again with some good headphones....

^ Maybe :p ,also if you have some good speakers the one that OP posted is seems like a good quality one to listen too :D

I agree Michael's songs need to be played with good speakers or headphones. What a difference it is to listen Dangerous with the iPod headphones and my speakers at home. Just like what Michael said, you need a good system to listen to all elements in the song.

I have the Dangerous Court Deposition in my iPod (I enjoy listening to Michael's speaking voice). In the depostion, Michael explained how he created Dangerous from Streetwalker. Michael said he's not satisfied with the demo or the early version becasue it didn't move him enough when he tried dancing to it. He brought in Teddy Riley to help improving the sound to make it more "contemporary." Michael also mentioned that there is a common "musical phrase" between Another Part of Me and Dangerous. The way "You're just another part of me" and "You're no damn lover friend of mine" sound exactly the same.

I agree Michael's songs need to be played with good speakers or headphones. What a difference it is to listen Dangerous with the iPod headphones and my speakers at home. Just like what Michael said, you need a good system to listen to all elements in the song.

I have the Dangerous Court Deposition in my iPod (I enjoy listening to Michael's speaking voice). In the depostion, Michael explained how he created Dangerous from Streetwalker. Michael said he's not satisfied with the demo or the early version becasue it didn't move him enough when he tried dancing to it. He brought in Teddy Riley to help improving the sound to make it more "contemporary." Michael also mentioned that there is a common "musical phrase" between Another Part of Me and Dangerous. The way "You're just another part of me" and "You're no damn lover friend of mine" sound exactly the same.

I love that similarity between APOM and Dangerous...I would have NEVER noticed had Michael not pointed it out.....And, thanks for the idea about putting the deposition on your iPod....I'm gonna do the same...! His speaking voice is just so gorgeous...:heart:

I love that similarity between APOM and Dangerous...I would have NEVER noticed had Michael not pointed it out.....And, thanks for the idea about putting the deposition on your iPod....I'm gonna do the same...! His speaking voice is just so gorgeous...:heart:

Me neither. If Michael didn't point it out, I'd have never noticed those two phases sound the same. But, Michael said he composed those same phrases subconsciously. Also, I'd have never known Dangerous evolved from Streetwalker. Listening to him explaining his creative process is very very interesting.

Michael's speaking voice is so soothing. He's just such a gentleman. He never got upset and was so patient. If you heard the deposition, you know what I'm talking about. How could he not be annoyed by the plaintiff's lawyer? That female lawyer was so dumb (I hate to use this word, but she really was.)

Michael was actually quite funny. When the lawyer asked him whether he heard any similarity between "his song Dangerous" and "Ms. Cartier's Dangerous". He said, "Yes. We are both saying Dangerous." :hysterical:

Me neither. If Michael didn't point it out, I'd have never noticed those two phases sound the same. But, Michael said he composed those same phrases subconsciously. Also, I'd have never known Dangerous evolved from Streetwalker. Listening to him explaining his creative process is very very interesting.

Michael's speaking voice is so soothing. He's just such a gentleman. He never got upset and was so patient. If you heard the deposition, you know what I'm talking about. How could he not be annoyed by the plaintiff's lawyer? That female lawyer was so dumb (I hate to use this word, but she really was.)

Michael was actually quite funny. When the lawyer asked him whether he heard any similarity between "his song Dangerous" and "Ms. Cartier's Dangerous". He said, "Yes. We are both saying Dangerous." :hysterical:

I know! I wonder what other songs have evolved into other ones that we wouldn't be able to really tell unless he pointed it out....I agree, listening him talking about all of that is just so remarkable...i could listen to that (and his voice) forever....

Yeah, that lawyer was a complete moron....But, yes, he was SO patient...I love that in him.....:wub:

:lmao: I always think about him saying that about the similarities between the two Dangerouses...lol...

I know! I wonder what other songs have evolved into other ones that we wouldn't be able to really tell unless he pointed it out....I agree, listening him talking about all of that is just so remarkable...i could listen to that (and his voice) forever....

Yeah, that lawyer was a complete moron....But, yes, he was SO patient...I love that in him.....:wub:

:lmao: I always think about him saying that about the similarities between the two Dangerouses...lol...

Judge: Just answer her question, Mr. Jackson.

Michael: I'm answering her question. I'm explaining to her.....

Judge (cutting Michael off): You are not.

Michael: I'm trying.

Judge: You're failing.

Michael: (giggles)

Aww... he's just so cute. :wub:

I hope audio clips of Michael explaining his song creation process exist. We'd learn a lot more about his genius by listening to him talking.

It saddens me that when Michael was being interviewed, questions related to his arts were never asked. People asked him about private matters and embarassed him.

How ironic it is that we learned about Michael's creativity when he's being sued for copying a song.

Judge: Just answer her question, Mr. Jackson.

Michael: I'm answering her question. I'm explaining to her.....

Judge (cutting Michael off): You are not.

Michael: I'm trying.

Judge: You're failing.

Michael: (giggles)

Aww... he's just so cute. :wub:

I hope audio clips of Michael explaining his song creation process exist. We'd learn a lot more about his genius by listening to him talking.

It saddens me that when Michael was being interviewed, questions related to his arts were never asked. People asked him about private matters and embarassed him.

How ironic it is that we learned about Michael's creativity when he's being sued for copying a song.

Oh, I love that part too! He's just so polite, and patient....Soft spoken...Just such a sweet, sweet man....

I would listen to him talking like this forever....but, you're right, it's a shame this is how we learn of his creative process..:(

^^ hahaha...I'm listening right now, and this part made me giggle: When he was talking about wanting the song to be more contemporary, and sounding more 'hip hop', so you can do all the new dances to it....then he's like...'cuz I love to dance....'....as if someone wouldn't know that! He's so cute!

Michael: "When you get to the chorus, it's the climax, like an explosion." :ph34r:

He's the only person in the world who can make a dialogue taken place in a courtroom sound sexy. :wub:

Back