Dangerous 25 - What do we want to see?

MJJUK

Proud Member
Hello all! First post from a UK MJ fan of the current generation! :')

So I'll admit even though some criticised, I was pretty impressed with Bad 25. I ordered the deluxe box set and it did not disappoint! So with the album Dangerous coming close to 25, which it will hit in 2016, I think it's a no brainer that Sony will release a re-packaged album to commemorate the occasion just as it did with Thriller and Bad.

Obviously this hasn't been confirmed or announced and the speculation as to what would be included is anyone's guess. So this thread is open to anyone who wants to express what they would like to see!

Personally, these are the features I would hope for in a deluxe set of Dangerous 25:

CD 1: Re-mastered edition of the standard Dangerous album with the original 14 tracks

CD 2: 14 unreleased songs that were recorded around the Dangerous era. These can either be completed or even just demos of unheard tracks

DVD: A live concert DVD of either Michael's first performance in Munich (the first show of the Dangerous Tour)as not only was it the first show, but it also contains Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel in the setlist, as they were later removed during the 1993 leg

CD 3: A live CD of the Munich concert. HOPEFULLY NOT EDITED AND CUT DOWN DRAMATICALLY LIKE THE LIVE BAD CD.

- A replica t-shirt from the Dangerous World Tour. As well as a programme from the Munich show (translated into English if needs be)

- Photos from the era (like the photos that came with the original Jam 7" vinyl)

CD 4: A bonus CD containing demos of the original tracks perhaps and also remixs

DVD 2: The Making of Dangerous, be it the album or the World Tour or the music videos.

All neatly packaged in a cool briefcase! I'm not sure why I prefer that I just think it would be awesome! :')

Lemme know what you guys think of my suggestions for Dangerous 25 and what you may like to see should it hopefully come to light in 2016

Peace :)

dangerous tour 1992 blu ray from the existing film reels & an accompanying live cd. Bonus features, Munich Rehearsals, Michael on the road etc. to the cd, i would hope for 14 unreleased tracks. anything else is just icing lol

Cover of it is Dangerous in red with a gold trimming around the letters, with a picture of the mask that says 25 on it.
Disc 1:
Original CD
Disc 2:
Remastered CD with 2 Bonus Tracks
Disc 3:
10 Unreleased Songs & 2 Demos (Dangerous & Will You Be There)
Disc 4:
DVD of the first show of the tour
Disc 5:
DVD of the first Wembley Show, with possible bonus features)
LIMITED SPECIAL EDITION OF THE PACKAGING:
First 5 discs are the same.
Disc 6:
Music Videos with making ofs
Disc 7:
Making of Album DVD

Well
CD 1 remastered full album
CD 2 demos unreleased tracks
DVD Munich concert
DVD 2 making of Dangerous documentary
Box Set with an exclusive Dangerous 25 T-shirt, an original LP, a concert soundtrack, and a replica concert ticket
I really enjoyed what they did with Bad 25 so something similar with Dangerous would be nice

Any good quality concert from the 1992 leg that has Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel. Also Dangerous from 1993 leg would be a great bonus performance. Blu-Ray if possible.

I am hoping for them as well. But what I really would L.O.V.E. to see on it is the unreleased songs he did. Like some of these:

Men In Black
What About Us
Bottle Of Smoke
Stay
What's Your Life
I Forgive You
Turning Me Off
Red Eye
People Have To Make Some Kind Of Joke
California Grass
Tragedy of a Cheerleader
Little Girls

Most especially Tragedy of a Cheerleader and Men In Black is what I would really L.O.V.E. to hear. But I don't know if all of those songs were recorded during the Dangerous Era or not. My For The Record book doesn't really say. But they were mention during the 93 deposition tapes.

1. Dangerous Tour released to cinemas
2. Dangerous Tour on Blu Ray (Any show with Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel)
3. A Puppy
4. Dangerous 25 Documentary about the making of the album

1. Remastered version of the album, of course, with a second disc full of *untouched* demos and unreleased stuff like Serious Effect, If You Don't Love Me, and so on.
2. A behind-the-scenes documentary about the album being made much like how they did with the Bad 25 one, but even better. :p
3. A concert DVD/Blu-Ray from the second leg of the tour or whatever leg it was that had Bad, TWYMMF, and Dangerous. Maybe the Tokyo concert? Oooh, I wonder if there's video of the New Year's Eve show... If they could put rehearsal footage on there too it would be really awesome.
4. A live album of whatever show they put on DVD/Blu-Ray, but I don't want them to edit it down to fit on one CD like they did with the Bad Tour Wembley show. I know it was probably to save space/money but for them to cut out some of the epic ad-libs (i.e. the end to Rock With You) was bullshit. Granted, I was able to get around it by ripping the DVD, converting the video to a giant-ass MP3, and then splitting it up into multiple songs, but it's still bullshit. If it's long enough to put on two discs, put it on two discs.
5. Some merchandise would be cool, like t-shirts or even a figurine of him in the gold leotard outfit. ;)

Was Dangerous captured on film (35mm)? I know the HBO show was just betacam SP. That would be awesome if they released that show on blu-ray.

Was Dangerous captured on film (35mm)? I know the HBO show was just betacam SP. That would be awesome if they released that show on blu-ray.

yes, it was confirmed by Richard Lecocq that Michael had some full shows from each Tour filmed on High Res film! btw, 16mm is more than 1080p too. Would be great to see this tour in High Def

First I will enjoy the 'Xscape' project and after that I'll set my mind to Dangerous 25

I don't believe the show was shot on film. The official thing that aired on HBO was shot on tape. Why would they do the same thing for another show on film?
They wouldn't.
There very well may be lots of film-shot material, but not enough for a consistent film-based concert.

I think that, audio content wise, Bad 25 wasn't a bad template.
Disc 1 can be Dangerous.
Disc 2 can be 6-8 previously unreleased demos (preferably the ones we don't already have, but if so, we have no-one to blame but ourselves), some demos of the songs on Dangerous, and then finally maybe a solid remix or two (by someone respected - such as Daft Punk).

As much as I enjoy the contemporising of unreleased MJ songs (the ones on Xscape anyway), I feel that 25th Anniversary albums should leave the demos as they were when discovered. I wouldn't be mad if the Estate updated them, but I would prefer it if they left them alone for this specific album.

I would also love to see a documentary that focuses more on Michael as the creative genius, as well as his creative thinking process, etc etc. A documentary that for once doesn't necessary focus on his personal life or the success of his music (though, of course, the latter is welcomed in small amounts from time-to-time), instead focusing on the creative and artistic side of the greatest music legend of all time.

I'd like the 2nd cd that was supposed to come with the Special Edition to finally be released.

Also, tag on some other songs around that era, that haven't been released. I'd like to finally hear "Men In Black." As well as include some interview footage and television specials.

I want the Dangerous(-era) version of Don't Be Messin' 'round

I think the estate will put all the leaked demos on this CD and just as or at least almost as many unleaked because these anniversary editions really only sell well to hardcore fans unlike contemporary made CD releases

I am hoping for them as well. But what I really would L.O.V.E. to see on it is the unreleased songs he did. Like some of these:

Men In Black
What About Us
Bottle Of Smoke
Stay
What's Your Life
I Forgive You
Turning Me Off
Red Eye
People Have To Make Some Kind Of Joke
California Grass
Tragedy of a Cheerleader
Little Girls

Most especially Tragedy of a Cheerleader and Men In Black is what I would really L.O.V.E. to hear. But I don't know if all of those songs were recorded during the Dangerous Era or not. My For The Record book doesn't really say. But they were mention during the 93 deposition tapes.

I hope you didn't get these titles off of Wiki. Some of these songs dones't sound legit to me, i.e Little Girls ??

And I definitetly don't think we will get 14 unreleased demos and outtakes LOL.....6-8 sounds more reasonable.

Back