Dangerous 25 DVD - Tokyo or Munich?!

XgenDaNcEs

Proud Member
Tokyo really does look like an epic concert, but thats judging from only a few seconds of snippets, which would make ANY show by MJ look greater than the usual, because we naturally wanna see more. You must understand the footage is NOT shot on film tho, so if its released dont expect a Bluray release in 2016, you'll just have to wait until Munich 1997 is released in 2020 or something. And since the audio was not intended on getting released, ever... it'll sound something like Rome 1988 but with a mother load of cheering added. And for some saying they dont want the next concert to be like Bucharest's quality *facepalm* omg ok guys the Bucharest DVD doesnt look bad at all. If your talking about the BBC unedited version that aired on TV in 1992 then yeah that one is obviously VHS quality because the fans recorded that onto a VHS tape and made bootleg DVDs a few years later. But the official DVD came straight from the source and i have to admit it looks stunning, when i do just a little touching it will look like a Bluray. I dont know why some people cant see what i do. Now if they were able to mix MUNICH in and get the same quality as BUCHAREST exactly, then that means a Bluray is definitely possible from Munich, especially if they are gonna do professional remastering on already great looking footage. I have no idea if the audio was recorded on multitracks like Wembley 1988 but whatever quality it was, im sure even this compressed version would even sound better than whatever the recordings from Tokyo will be able to give us...
http://www.mediafire.com/?7qwgk3oyzlx9jmu

And about that little touch up i did... this is what Munich would look like if it's officially released.
Dont compare it to snippets that were aired on TV back in the early 90's, compare it to the segments that were mixed in with the official Bucharest DVD (which had the exact same looking quality) basically... this is what Munich would look like guize...

If you'd like to see some examples of Munich being mixed in with Bucharest, check this video out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqGe8CqDi3g

Last edited:
They should release both of them. That would be the best choice. :) If they choose between these 2 then the one that has better video quality and Michael's performance was better. I hope they release the best quality concert they have that has Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel in the setlist. I don't want to demand a one spesific concert because then we might get VHS quality concert again.

dont expect a Bluray release in 2016, you'll just have to wait until Munich 1997 is released in 2020 or something.

There is always a change that Bad Tour film reels are found. Then blu-ray release would be possible.

Last edited:
you'll just have to wait until Munich 1997 is released in 2020 or something

Munich 1997 should NEVER be released. That was one of MJ's weakest performances and when an official Michael Jackson concert gets released i wanna see him at his best and Munich 1997 was not him at his best

when i do just a little touching it will look like a Bluray. I dont know why some people cant see what i do. Now if they were able to mix MUNICH in and get the same quality as BUCHAREST exactly, then that means a Bluray is definitely possible from Munich, especially if they are gonna do professional remastering on already great looking footage.

Are we sure this is on film? I don't think so. Hence no blu-ray.

P.S they won't release an upscaled blu-ray. Who does that anyway. There's hardly a point when it's almost the same quality as the DVD. You just sharpen it and crop to 16:9 which actually sucks. You lose more quality cropping 4:3 material and also lose detail in the shot like bottom and top.

Personally, I choose Munich. Dangerous tour was recorded on tape (Beta) I believe so we should stop with every release being a bluray. Maybe some shows are on film but I doubt it still exists. Anyway if they decide to release another show I woul like it to be the early1992 leg.

it's possible at least one or two shows are on film so they should non stop search for them if they exist!!

I'd go for Tokyo. He's bound to have made a few mistakes on the opening night.....

I would rather them release footage from in the studio, sure i would love another dangerous tour release, but i would much rather a dvd of Michael in the studio creating the album.

I don't care between Munich and Tokyo, but it'd be nice to have both. I just love those in amateur audio too.

Back