dancing to help homeless animals

MIST

Proud Member
I vote daily at http://www.refresheverything.com/index, this project was there before I began to vote but I think it´s a great idea.
I would love to see an animal themed nutcracker and animals need all help they can get.

"Here is the press release going out to local sources:

More than 100 area dancers are involved in a project to help the homeless animals in Steuben County.
After a month of online voting in May, Wendy Hall, a dance studio owner in Corning, was awarded a $5,000 Pepsi “Refresh Everything” grant for her project to present an animal themed Nutcracker Ballet to benefit the Finger Lakes SPCA. The grant money will help pay for expenses such as costumes, props, printing costs, publicity and theater rental. All money from ticket sales will help support the Finger Lakes SPCA and their programs.
This project has become a collaboration with the community at large, with special help from 171 Cedar Arts Center and their dance faculty and students. Also, after supporting the project with votes in May, more than a dozen dance friends from Jenny Coleman’s School of Dance in New Rochelle, NY have decided to continue their support by making the trip to Corning to perform in the show on November 13.
On October 9 representatives from the Pepsi Refresh Project visited a “Lamb” rehearsal at Wendy Hall’s studio in Corning. Those who come to see the show will also see Rats, Cats, Dogs, Chicks and even Unicorns dancing for the good of all the homeless animals in our community.
Performances will be at West High School, Painted Post, NY on Saturday November 13 at 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM, and Sunday November 14 at 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM. One additional show will be presented at Haverling High School in Bath, NY on Saturday December 4 at 3:00 PM only. Tickets are $10 for Adults and $5 for Students/Seniors and can be purchased at Pet Tracks in Corning, at the Finger Lakes SPCA in Bath, or at Wendy Hall’s Dance Studio in Corning. For additional information, call Wendy Hall at 937-9643."

Back