Dance group Animaineax's has won the top prize at the “Move Like Michael Jackson”

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
[YOUTUBE]Rm4gngi07qo[/YOUTUBE]

British-Filipino dance group Animaineax's has won the top prize at the “Move Like Michael Jackson” competition in Britain.

The four-piece dance crew beat thousands of acts for the opportunity to perform at the upcoming “Michael Jackson Memorial Concert” in London later in the year, alongside global artists who will commemorate the King of Pop.

Animaineax's, made up of Swarf (Mark Calape), Albertron (Albert Yanit), Rynamo (Ryan Ramirez) and London (Marlon Marqueses), consistently impressed the judges throughout the contest with their quirky, polished and expressive routines.

“They remind me of the Jackson 5,” said Jermaine Jackson, lead judge, entertainer and brother of Michael.

He added: “I was highly impressed. They [Animaineax's] took advantage of the lyrics, and [they] performed together. Very cool. [They] are just incredible.”

The rest of the judges were equally amazed, including casting director Mark Summers, recording artist Jamelia, and choreographer Lavelle Smith Jr.

“I love the Animaineax's. They have such a strong identity that is so unique to them. There is no one like the Animainex's, and I think they are great,” revealed Jamelia.

There were some tough competition along the way from soloists and other groups, including urban dance crews and trained professional dancers, who all exhibited their talents using Michael Jackson’s music and signature dance moves.

After months of grueling auditions, dance-offs and free-styling, it was down to the final showdown between Animaineax's and a dance group called Plague.

Both acts delivered a tight performance, with Plague opting for a fast-paced routine to “Faster, Stronger, Better” by Daft Punk, and Animaineax's choosing to experiment with the slower rhythms of “Bleeding Love” by Leona Lewis.

Despite their unusual song choice, Animaineax's was ultimately declared the winner, following a public vote and a positive reception from the judges and the live studio audience.

“We all listened to the song, and we tried to understand it. We tried to put our story into it, and it just fit so perfectly with this competition. We themed it around the man himself - MJ,” explained Swarf, a founding member of the group.

“Move Like Michael Jackson” was a nationwide dance competition in the United Kingdom, hosted by Radio One DJ Reggie Yates and broadcasted by BBC Three.

Did they play any of MJ's songs on the show? It is weird that for the final showdown they picked other artisrs' music.....not MJ's.

Re: Dance group Animaineax's has won the top prize at the “Move Like Michael Jackson”

^^^
Yeh they did (I'd say it was mostly MJ music if I remember correctly), including not well known songs like 2000 watts and 2bad too.

The program messed with the songs for the live shows though..like in the middle of the song some kind of remix thing..and they'd skip bits of the song out.. I didn't like that.

Yeh this was a while ago.

They were a quirky fun group, I didn't think they would win though..

It was the Bleeding Love performance that won it for them I think.

It was emotional and seemed genuinely full of love for MJ - of course fans were going to vote for that.

Watching it back here, it doesn't seem as good, but it was actually a good performance, a tear-jerker.

The whole night was really, especially with the performance from the children, that brought tears to my eyes for some reason.

As for the tribute concert.. well.. is it happening..

Last edited:
Yeah, what happening about the tribute concert? Apparently it was cancelled, then it wasn't, then this show was announced, and then half way through it's announced that the prize of a performance in the tribute show is in jeopardy as it's not happening!

One confused fan here!! :s

Re: Dance group Animaineax's has won the top prize at the “Move Like Michael Jackson”

Haven't heard anymore about the concert since the company putting it together tanked awhile back. Maybe another entity has picked it up to go forward, but I may have missed it.

I actually really like this group, but was dissapointed by a lot of the other dancers. I'm sorry but what was up with Mr. Smith letting all these bad dancers come back to call backs..I'm sorry but a lot of them were just bad.

aven't heard anymore about the concert since the company putting it together tanked awhile back. Maybe another entity has picked it up to go forward, but I may have missed it.
no theres been no news. i guess if it happens it will be announced and if its not nothing will be said and jerm will hope everyone forgets it was supp to be hap

If it's gonna happen in June 2010, then news should start coming out any day now.

I mean, aren't large venues usually booked well in advance of the actual event? And if a new sponsor comes on board, I'm sure that they would want to release some type of statement themselves. I guess time will tell.

The Animaineax's final dance routine was amazing soo much MJ in it unlike alot of the other routines but over all i liked the show they did have alot of MJ Music and stuff shame nothing like this happened before MJ's passing

When I heard they were doing Bleeding Love when I saw this on TV I thought 'eh?' But I was so impressed by it, it was full of MJ moves and was full of love for him, the pose at the end was incredible. That performance won it for them and hopefully we can expect news about the tribute soon. What I loved so much about this competition as there are plenty of competitions like this on TV, Sky One are doing a dance competition at the moment. But the prize for that one is £100,000. The prize for this competition was not money but a prize money couldn't buy. All these dancers were dancing because of how MJ inspired them and how much they love him, not because of money.

I have a feeling we'll never hear about this tribute concert again. LOL.

Back