Daily Weekend News Nov 27 - 29

mariemarie

Guests

Today is Friday, November 27, 2009

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1991 - Michael Jackson performed on ABC-TV's "MTV 10."

1993 - Janet Jackson's song "Again" hit #6 in the U.K. The ballad was featured in "Poetic Justice."

6a00d83451b26169e2011571667e0f970b-300wi

APOMSPECIALscreen1.png

APOMSPECIALscreen2.jpg

Michael-Jackson-Slash-MTV-Awards.jpg

176ed8bab.jpg

022348_3.jpg

Michael jackson memorial at whelan galleries

main_homepage.jpg

Phone: (949) 494-5076

Amber_Henry@whelanartgalleries.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MICHAEL JACKSON MEMORIAL AT WHELAN GALLERIES

Whelan Galleries will be hosting a memorial for Michael Jackson, who was a gallery client, during the First Thursdays Art Walk in Laguna Beach, July 2nd, 2009 from 6-9 P.M. A copy of Mr. Jackson’s personal favorite Whelan piece, “Meditations” will be included in a central memorial display and the short film featuring the “Cry” single from the Invincible album will be shown at 8:00 P.M..

Whelan Galleries would like to express it’s heartfelt sorrow for the loss of this cultural icon, musical genius, and true man of peace. His light has gone out, but his message and his song will continue.

Whelan Galleries is located at 353 N. Coast Hwy. #A Laguna Beach, CA 92677 about one block north of the Laguna Beach Art Museum on the ocean side of the highway.
www.whelanartgalleries.com

Re: Michael jackson memorial at whelan galleries

Announcing the Debut of the Jackson Seven

Whelan Galleries introduces a collector's edition set of prints featuring art purchased by its most famous client--Michael Jackson.

Laguna Beach, CA (PRWEB) November 28, 2009 -- A collection of seven exquisite signed giclee prints by artist Patrick Whelan representing works acquired by the late King of Pop and art aficionado Michael Jackson is being offered on a limited basis to the public as of November 27th, 2009. Additionally, all of the net profit will be donated to Mr. Jackson's "Heal The World" charity in honor of the entertainer's own immense contributions to art and to culture. And also to help carry on the spirit of his efforts towards easing the pain and suffering of children from around the globe.

All of the featured works were acquired in the late spring of 2009, during the time when he was practicing for his upcoming London concerts and actually creating the footage for what became, instead, the amazing film "This Is It". These were some of the very last paintings added to his collection, in addition to being his single largest art purchase made during this period. They were, in fact, delivered to the pop stars Holmby Hills mansion less than two weeks before his tragic and unexpected passing on June the 25th.

Mr. Jackson demonstrated his amazing eye for quality and taste in selecting some of the finest prints and original oils in the Whelan portfolio. Among the works chosen were three classic book cover paintings depicting "Alice In Wonderland", "Peter Pan", and "The Buccaneers" as well as some of the strongest fine art masterworks available. These latter included among others, MJ's personal favorite, "Meditations", a golden angelic figure with her eyes closed and head resting on one knee.

Long time Jackson fan Patrick Whelan remembers watching a special on television several years ago in which MJ was walking through a gallery choosing various paintings and Mr. Whelan was thinking that the pieces selected were somewhat similar to the type of work that he produced. Then he fantasized that one day those pieces being chosen would indeed be his. Now he is living proof that the dreams we dream really can come true.

The offering will be made available in three different versions--The "Silver edition", The "Gold edition", and lastly, the "Diamond" set. Prints in the "Diamond" set will match the actual sizes of the original works owned by Michael Jackson which ranged from 9"x12" up to 50"x72".

For complete information visit Whelan Galleries at www.whelanartgalleries.com or contact directly at (949) 494-5076.

Patrick Whelan, artist and co-owner of Whelan Galleries, has an extensive background in both commercial illustration and fine art. He has worked with such clients as Random House, Bantam-Doubleday-Dell, Harper Collins, Simon & Schuster, Tor Books, A&E Television and many others. Among his numerous credits are such classic book covers as Peter Pan, Alice In Wonderland, and Nancy Drew. Amber Henry is the Gallery Director and co-owner of Whelan Galleries which is located in Laguna Beach, California.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/11/prweb3222674.htm

This is a little off topic but how many ppl watched the memorial? Heard it was 1 billion.

This is a little off topic but how many ppl watched the memorial? Heard it was 1 billion.

Something like that. A lot of people were astounded that figure was that much as it took place when most people were at work. I wasn't shocked. Its Michael Jackson. The world stops for Michael.

True man of PEACE. Where can I see "Meditation"?
Click on the link below:

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-283358

gI_0_Meditations.jpg

"Meditations" by Patrick Whelan - Mr. Jackson's Final Painting

Michael Jackson's love for art has changed our little Laguna Beach art gallery forever.

Patrick Whelan and I were graced with the rare honor of meeting Mr. Jackson and his daughter, Paris at the Beverly Hills art show last month. He wandered around our booth, with his daughter, picking out original book cover illustrations and various fine art pieces. "Peter Pan" and "The Buccaneers" were among the illustrations on his list. But, ultimately it was "Meditations" he truly fell in love with. Later we found out he referred to this piece as the "the blue painting", and that he mentioned this piece almost every day.

Patrick and I delivered the art to his house two weeks ago. What an honor it is to have our art as a recent inclusion in Mr. Jackson's collection, even if only for a short time, the art and Mr. Jackson and the memorable art he created, will live forever!

We would like to express our utmost respect for Mr. Jackson and extend our condolences to his family and to his wonderful staff.

Thank You!

Amber Henry, Gallery Director/Owner
Whelan Galleries, Laguna Beach, CA
www.whelanartgalleries.com

om/docs/DOC-283358

Last edited:

Wow, thank you for this. I'd so love to see the paintings that Michael bought, especially the Peter Pan piece. I was passing through Beverly Hills on vacation on May 12 and saw the tents set up for the exhibition. I wish I had been there two days later when Michael attended the exhibition with his kids. It must have been wonderful.

Additionally, all of the net profit will be donated to Mr. Jackson's "Heal The World" charity in honor of the entertainer's own immense contributions to art and to culture.

Michael did not have an "Heal the world" charity...and hasn't for years.

A little research goes a long way.

I hope the money will not go to that scam artist the estate is suing.

Overall, sounds like a very interesting project. I wish I could attend.

Back