Daily News - Thursday, January 21, 2010

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Michael Jackson Film Earns Orange County Editor Nomination for Profession's Highest Honor

IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- American Cinema Editors, the industry's leading organization of motion picture editors, has nominated Brandon Key, of Tustin, CA, for a 60th annual ACE Eddie Award. The announcement was made Jan. 12.

Key's "Best Edited Documentary" nomination, for his work on the critically acclaimed Michael Jackson film "This Is It," is shared by co-editors Tim Patterson, Don Brochu and Kevin Stitt. Winners will be announced by ACE on Feb. 14.

Shortly after the world learned of the death of the legendary King of Pop, Key, a long-time Jackson fan, received a frantic call from Patterson, a friend and collaborator of 15 years, to help cobble together what had been raw rehearsal footage of Jackson's ill-fated international tour into a full-length documentary for an ASAP theatrical release.

Quite unexpectedly, Key and his cohorts found themselves laboring over piles of video footage 12 hours a day, seven days a week last summer in a frantic effort to create a posthumous Jackson film tribute for a fast-approaching October release. "This Is It" opened last fall to huge audiences and critical praise.

"I just never dreamed," Key stated, "that I'd be thrust into helping create what would become one of the biggest movies of the year -- and the highest-grossing concert film of all time."

That accomplished, Key and Patterson have gone on to edit and shoot additional content for the DVD, which is expected to ship this month.
"This Is It" has grossed over $250 million since its debut.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...n-for-professions-highest-honor-82153522.html

*************************************************​

JANET JACKSON TAKES HOLD OF A VERY BIG YEAR

By CRISTINA GREEVEN CUOMO

Janet Jackson

Last year was a tough one for pop princess Janet Jackson. But in the wake of losing her older brother Michael in June, she has forged ahead, immersing herself in a plethora of projects. As a result, 2010 will be one of her most prolific years to date: a new film, Why Did I Get Married Too? with Tyler Perry (the sequel to 2007's Why Did I Get Married?, for which she won critical praise), due in April; a new as-yet-untitled book; a new album (her 11th) out this year; and a rumored new romance (the 43-year-old ended a seven-year relationship with music producer Jermaine Dupri last year).

You already know that her chart-topping albums are introspective (Damita Jo, The Velvet Rope), socially conscious (Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814), revealing (Discipline), feisty (Control) and sensual (janet.)—all of which have ranked her among the top musical artists of all time. And she's broken ground with her mesmerizing performances, innovative choreography, music videos and undeniable talent. What you might not know is that Jackson is a vegan, incredibly personable, grounded, soft-spoken and the backbone of her family as she lives a low-key life in New York City. We sat down to discuss her new year.

GOTHAM: What have you taken away from Michael's death?

JANET JACKSON: When you hear people say life goes on, it's really the truth. You can't stop living. It becomes a part of you. I feel a bit selfish because there are times I feel I shouldn't be doing this, but I enjoy my work and I have to keep doing it. I have to keep my life going. There are days that are harder than others.

G: You were filming Why Did I Get Married Too? during your brother's tragedy….
JJ: There was a lot of drama going into it on my end. I actually went from Michael's service—that first service we had—and left that night to go back to work. It was tough, but at the same time, it was kind of therapeutic, too. It was a good way for me to move forward and stay busy. And I love acting—it was my first love. I had my first job at seven. I got a recording contract when I was 14, so I thought I was going to be an actress. I'm really blessed.

G: What can we expect from your new album?
JJ: It's going to be a little different. The writing is about life experiences. There's a part of me that's craving escapism, which is a sense of wanting to keep moving on with my work but also of coming to terms with reality. So I think it will be upbeat and light.

G: What other songs move you at the moment?
JJ: You know what makes me feel good right now when I hear it on the radio? "Empire State of Mind" [by Jay-Z]. When I hear the chorus… it makes me smile. And I love the way Alicia [Keys] sings it. I was crazy about "Native New Yorker" [by Odyssey] when I was a kid. I was visiting my brother when he was doing The Wiz and living here with my sister [La Toya]. I was on hiatus from the television show Good Times. My mother asked me what I wanted to do with my time off, and I said I wanted to go to New York and visit Mike because I missed him so much. We would go to Studio 54 when I was just this 10-year-old kid and I would hear "Native New Yorker" and it made me feel so good and it never leaves your mind—that energy, that excitement, those endorphins being released within you.

G: What do you love about New York City?
JJ: Everything. I love the energy—the creative energy. I've been here for 12 years and I will be here for the rest of my life.

G: Talk a bit about your new book.
JJ: I hope it's inspiring for all ages. I'm talking about weight loss, confidence, self- esteem—especially in your youth. It's not an autobiography, but there are little anecdotes that I give here and there from my childhood all the way to the present that I thought would be interesting and helpful to share.

G: Is there something you haven't done that you'd like to accomplish?
JJ: At some point I would like to do theater—it's something I've always wanted to do. I'll do more films. Produce. And I would like to have children.

G: How do you stay so grounded?
JJ: I think it was the way I was brought up. I was very fortunate to see all of this before it ever happened to me through my brother, so I knew what to expect. I watched the way my brother handled it. It's also important who you surround yourself with. True friends aren't afraid to put you in check.

G: What do you like to do in your spare time?
JJ: If I want to take a break from work, I love going to the islands. I love the ocean. I also love being with my family. I love going to the movies. I love reading—right now it's The Help [by Kathryn Stockett].

G: New Year's resolutions—do you have any?
JJ: I want to learn a language. I haven't decided which, but it's between French, Spanish and Italian. I also want to get closer to God.

G: How do you do that?
JJ: It's in your own way. We grew up Jehovah's Witnesses. I do believe in God. I consider myself a Christian but I don't belong to a specific religion. If something really resonates with me then I will try to apply that to my life.

http://www.gotham-magazine.com/janet-jackson.html

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1992 - Michael Jackson's album "Dangerous" was certified Gold and 4 times Platinum.

2005 - The judge in the Michael Jackson child molestation case granted the prosecution permission to seek expert testimony on child abuse victims.

Jackson_JS88031174.jpg

Grammys ceremony presents 3D tribute to Michael Jackson

grammytrophya4303w4_301934s.jpg

As part of a salute to the late Michael Jackson at the 52nd annual Grammy Awards on January 31, an all-star lineup will perform along with the star's voice on "Earth Song," a special 3D mini-movie created by Jackson for the This Is It tour, to be shown in its entirety.

This is the first time an awards show will broadcast in 3D. The show-stopping segment will feature previous Grammy winners Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson, Carrie Underwood, and Usher singing along with the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]film[/COLOR][/COLOR] projected on a giant LED screen, which will also show photos of Jackson during the homage.
"Earth Song" debuted in the UK at number one in 1995 and was his best-selling single with over one million copies. It was also a top five hit in most European countries. From Jackson's HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I album, the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]ballad[/COLOR][/COLOR] was never released as a single in the US.
With a strong message about environmentalism and endangered animal welfare, an important cause to Jackson, the powerful operatic feel of the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]song[/COLOR][/COLOR] fits the lush music video, shot in four locations - the Amazonian Rainforest, Croatia, Tanzania, and America.
Another emotional moment in the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]awards [COLOR=blue! important]show[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] involves a performance concerning earthquake relief in Haiti. In addition, the production plans to pair Lady Gaga with another performer, with a similar surprise guest to play with Taylor Swift.
For the event, [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]CBS[/COLOR][/COLOR] Television has partnered with US retailer Target to exclusively offer millions of 3D Grammy glasses free-of-charge, available January 24-31, for the home viewer. The performance and film can also be enjoyed without 3D glasses.
The 2010 Grammy Awards will televise live from [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Staples [COLOR=blue! important]Center[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] in Los Angeles, January 31 at 8 p.m. ET.
www.grammy.com

here is link:http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ts-3d-tribute-to-michael-jackson-1874829.html

Michael Jackson exhibition extended

Michael Jackson: The Official Exhibition will run until February 28

[/b]

The Michael Jackson exhibition at the O2 is being extended because of huge public demand.
Michael Jackson: The Official Exhibition showcases some of the most personal and iconic memorabilia from the late King of Pop's extraordinary life.
The run at the O2 Bubble venue in London has now been extended to February 28.

here is link:http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5h609Y0tSllkNe9y4Fa446ZEJ1iLw

Quincy Jones To Remake 'We Are The World' For Haiti

Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie are planning a massive 25th anniversary re-recording of "We Are the World."

The timing couldn't be better, sadly enough.

The duo is summoning lots and lots of talent from Grammy weekend to stay an extra night - Monday Feb. 1 - and come to the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. There, they will celebrate a quarter century since Ken Kragen, Richie and Michael Jackson organized the original "We Are the World" with Jones.

This time the artists invited include Usher, Natalie Cole, and John Legend. But you can bet that more names will be added shortly and that all the Grammy nominees and participants will be asked to come as well. Grammy producer Ken Ehrlich will produce the event, which will then be turned into a video and single just like it was in 1985. Don't be surprised if Wyclef Jean joins in, along with Sting, Fergie, Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake and other distinctive voices.

It's hoped that as in 1985, everyone will "leave their egos at the door."

Originally, this anniversary celebration was to be held on Jan. 28. But when the Haiti earthquake happened, sources tell me, the whole deal changed. Now proceeds will go to Haiti relief. In 1985, "We Are the World," which begat Live Aid, raised money for Africa relief.

here is link:http://www.billboard.com/news/quinc...s-to-remake-we-are-the-world-1004060769.story

Grammy tribute to Michael Jackson to feature 3-D movie

LOS ANGELES, US - Celine Dion, Carrie Underwood and Usher will take part in a tribute to Michael Jackson at the Grammy awards next week that will also showcase a movie created by Jackson for his hit 'Earth Song.'
Grammy organizers said on Wednesday that Jennifer Hudson and Smokey Robinson would also join in the Jackson tribute, singing along with the voice of the 'Thriller' singer.

here is link:http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20100121-193349.html

Michael Jackson: This is It Blu-ray Review By Enid Burns

The Film

It's clear from the moment Michael Jackson walks into the frame of Michael Jackson: This is It, the man moved - and lived - for the stage. The second the music starts, MJ's trademark dance moves and theatrics just start to happen, almost without thought. The documentary chronicles rehearsals and planning for the upcoming concert tour, "This is It." While the film highlight MJ's enthusiasm for the stage, it gives the cast of dancers, singers, and musicians - many of whom were unknowns from around the world - an opportunity to show their work that never saw the stage with the music legend.

In almost two hours, you'll see the combination of several days of rehearsals, ordered by song. The playlist pulls all the way back to the Jackson 5 days, and up to "This is It," a song release for the upcoming tour. The documentary showed MJ's tireless drive for perfection from himself and those working with him. It also showed a few tender moments that revealed how fragile he is; refraining from hitting some of the harder notes during rehearsal to removing the monitor from his ear because the direction he was getting was disturbing his ability to perform.

Released roughly four months after Michael Jackson's sudden death, Michael Jackson's This is It was seen as either a fantastic memorial for his life and his fans, or an opportunistic attempt to cash in on tradegy. Watching the film you realize it was the ultimate tribute. The producer and MJ's family were lucky to have such quality footage of practice performances and behind the scenes action leading up to the concert tour.

For another take, check out Christopher Peterson's review of This Is It.

The Picture

Never intended for public consumption, rehearsals were filmed to be collected for Michael Jackson's private library. Yet despite this fact, the quality of the 1.78.1 picture is surprisingly good. While dancers, background singers, and musicians get their time in front of the camera, most of the action follows MJ and his movement. Rehearsals were filmed as if this were the real concert, and it's only the infrequent long shots, revealing the sparse audience, which give away the illusion.

Editing is seamless, with a blend of several days and several outfits of rehearsals mixed together. The final product is edited so well you almost wouldn't notice the transitions if it weren't for MJ's change from a silver blazer with red pants to gold sequined pants, to a baggy outfit and flight jacket. It's a shame there was never a dress rehearsal as the outfits that were prepared for the show promised to be spectacular.

thisisitbd.jpg

[/b]

The Sound

From a concert or pure music perspective, the sound was full and rich in its 5.1 channel DTS-HD Master Audio reproduction. It switches between live sound that gives the perspective of a rehearsal where not all the lyrics are achieved - mostly because MJ appeared to be concentrating on movement - and what must be pre-recorded tracks filled in to give more of a concert fullness in sound.

Where sound is lacking is in those behind-the-scenes moments where MJ interacts with director Kenny Ortega, musicians, and other crew. Many of his comments and statements have to be subtitled because they're simply not audible to the audience. The discussions in these segments are casual, authentic, and for someone to have said, "Michael can you speak more clearly for the camera," would simply never have worked.

The Extras

The Blu-ray has exclusive extras that are not included on the DVD release. These include Sony's movieIQ, featuring the This is It playlist. Vignettes for the transition scenes for both "Smooth Criminal" and "Thriller" plus a "Making of 'Smooth Criminal'" featurette are also included. Additional special features include a making-of documentary "Staging the Return: The Adventure Begins," "The Gloved One" featurette on the costumes prepared for the show, and "Memories of Michael." Focused on the performers around MJ, another feature "Auditions: Searching for the World's Best Dancers" goes into pre-rehearsal preparations.

What's disappointing is the Blu-ray comes in a standard jewel case with keepsake cover. There could easily be a booklet, but there is none. Even the two-CD-Set "Michael Jackson's This is It" has a souvenir edition where the CDs come in a bound booklet that makes the CD release more special. Sometimes the extras aren't digital, but mean just as much.

Final Thoughts

The name of Michael Jackson's comeback and foretold last tour, "This is It" is more poignant in this documentary. Intended as his final tour and retirement from live performance, he never saw the stage of his sold out shows at London's 02 arena. Nor did he get to add dates worldwide as the "This is It" tour made its way to his fans around the globe. Instead Michael Jackson: This is It made it to theaters and became one of the highest-grossing concert documentaries in its limited run in theaters. And its stunning picture and sound make it better suited to Blu-ray than to any other format.

Product Details

• Actors: Michael Jackson, Alex Al, Nick Bass, Judith Hill, Orianthi, Kenny Ortega
  • Director: Kenny Ortega
  • Audio Languages: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
  • Subtitles: English, French, English SDH
  • Aspect Ratio: 1.78.1
  • Number of Discs: 1
  • Rating: PG
  • Studio: Columbia Pictures
  • Release Date: October 28, 2009
  • Run Time: 111 Minutes
  • List Price: $39.95
  • Extras:
    • Two making-of documentaries
    • Three featurettes: "The Gloved One" costumes; "Memories of Michael;" and "Auditions: Searching for the World's Best Dancers"
    • Thriller and Smooth Criminal vignettes, presented in 5.1 audio
    • Making Smooth Criminal featurette
    • MovieIQ featuring the "This is It" interactive playl
there is video:here is link:http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Michael-Jackson-s-This-is-It-on-Blu-ray.shtml

[/i]

By Mike Collett-White Mike Collett-white – 1 hr 7 mins ago
LONDON (Reuters) – Grammy-nominated producer RedOne, who helped Lady Gaga top charts around the world, believes that music he worked on with Michael Jackson before the singer's death could yet be released.

The 37-year-old producer, born in Morocco and steeped in European pop and rock after spending several years in Sweden, recorded with the "king of pop" in Las Vegas in 2008 and 2009 and in Los Angeles in 2009, before Jackson's death aged 50.

While the results are far from the finished product, RedOne, whose real name is Nadir Khayat, believes he has enough material to work on for a record, although any release would have to involve agreement with Jackson's record label and estate.

"I have big plans," he told Reuters at a recording studio in London, where he has been working with other artists.

"There is material that could come out (from the Jackson sessions)," he added.

"In case I'm going to release something, I would do it for charity, for something that he would have been proud of, because you always felt like everybody wanted to take advantage of him though his life," said RedOne, considered one of the world's top producers after his partnership with Lady Gaga.

Recalling his collaboration with Jackson, he said: "The music we were doing was good, really good ... very energetic, uplifting. It's sad that we never finished the material.

"Michael always has been focused on having hits, not having songs, so he always records a lot of songs and takes the best of them and that's his formula which I love. We were doing good quality music and it's never been finished."

RedOne has been nominated for four Grammys -- the music industry's top honors -- ahead of the January 31 ceremony, where stars will perform a tribute to Jackson.

HITS IN AN INSTANT

RedOne said he was initially reluctant to work with Lady Gaga, who did not have a record contract when they first met.

But they immediately clicked, Lady Gaga was signed by a major label soon after and the rest, said RedOne, "is history."

"It happens so quick, we know each other, we're good musically," he said of his collaboration with the flamboyant 23-year-old New Yorker.

"We're not overthinking. We just do what we feel right ... Before you know it the song is pretty much done.

"I'm not saying that is the way it should be, but in this case that's what happened -- we wrote Just Dance in one hour. Done. Poker Face? One hour. It just happened. Magic."

Their success has opened countless doors to RedOne, who said he was determined to concentrate on quality not quantity.

He has just been recording with Alexandra Burke and Kylie Minogue, among others.

"To me I was expecting a diva, you know, somebody who's going to be like (that) because she's been doing it for so long," he said of Minogue, who is expected to release a new album later this year.

"It was fun, easy to work with her. We did three songs in two days ... (and) we said we're going to do more songs in LA."

RedOne attributed his success to his upbringing in Morocco, where he had access to a broad range of musical styles particularly because he was one of nine children.

He also said he enjoyed the success and recognition that producing brought, particularly because it came without the trappings of fame. And his biggest wish? To work with U2.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100121/en_nm/us_jackson_producer_2

Star Producer RedOne Eyes Michael Jackson Release

LONDON (Reuters) - Grammy-nominated producer RedOne, who helped Lady Gaga top charts around the world, believes that music he worked on with Michael Jackson before the singer's death could yet be released.
The 37-year-old producer, born in Morocco and steeped in European pop and rock after spending several years in Sweden, recorded with the "king of pop" in Las Vegas in 2008 and 2009 and in Los Angeles in 2009, before Jackson's death aged 50.
While the results are far from the finished product, RedOne, whose real name is Nadir Khayat, believes he has enough material to work on for a record, although any release would have to involve agreement with Jackson's record label and estate.
"I have big plans," he told Reuters at a recording studio in London, where he has been working with other artists.
"There is material that could come out (from the Jackson sessions)," he added.
"In case I'm going to release something, I would do it for charity, for something that he would have been proud of, because you always felt like everybody wanted to take advantage of him though his life," said RedOne, considered one of the world's top producers after his partnership with Lady Gaga.

Recalling his collaboration with Jackson, he said: "The music we were doing was good, really good ... very energetic, uplifting. It's sad that we never finished the material.
"Michael always has been focused on having hits, not having songs, so he always records a lot of songs and takes the best of them and that's his formula which I love. We were doing good quality music and it's never been finished."
RedOne has been nominated for four Grammys -- the music industry's top honors -- ahead of the January 31 ceremony, where stars will perform a tribute to Jackson.
HITS IN AN INSTANT
RedOne said he was initially reluctant to work with Lady Gaga, who did not have a record contract when they first met.

But they immediately clicked, Lady Gaga was signed by a major label soon after and the rest, said RedOne, "is history."
"It happens so quick, we know each other, we're good musically," he said of his collaboration with the flamboyant 23-year-old New Yorker.
"We're not overthinking. We just do what we feel right ... Before you know it the song is pretty much done.
"I'm not saying that is the way it should be, but in this case that's what happened -- we wrote Just Dance in one hour. Done. Poker Face? One hour. It just happened. Magic."
Their success has opened countless doors to RedOne, who said he was determined to concentrate on quality not quantity.
He has just been recording with Alexandra Burke and Kylie Minogue, among others.
"To me I was expecting a diva, you know, somebody who's going to be like (that) because she's been doing it for so long," he said of Minogue, who is expected to release a new album later this year.
"It was fun, easy to work with her. We did three songs in two days ... (and) we said we're going to do more songs in LA."
RedOne attributed his success to his upbringing in Morocco, where he had access to a broad range of musical styles particularly because he was one of nine children.
He also said he enjoyed the success and recognition that producing brought, particularly because it came without the trappings of fame. And his biggest wish? To work with U2.

here is link:http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=9623292

Says King of Pop was on the verge of converting to Islam
Al Arabiya interviews Michael Jackson’s brother

track_content_views_en.php
picfrm_left_vfade.gif
picfrm_left_vfade_bottom.gif
spc.gif

large_60087_98036.jpg

dot_dgray.gif

Jermaine Jackson converted to Islam in 1989 (File)

DUBAI (Al Arabiya)
In the first exclusive interview with an Arab Channel, Michael Jackson’s brother told AlArabiya TV on Wednesday that the King of Pop was on the verge of converting to Islam.

After spending more than one year in the Gulf region, Michael Jackson read a lot about Islam and was very affected by it, said Jermaine Jackson, singer, composer, and former member of The Jackson 5.

" I believe that Islam would have helped him a lot. Had he converted, he would have been spared all the problems he had been subjected to throughout his li "
Jermaine Jackson

“After he got back from Bahrain, Michael hired a team that was all Muslim,” he told Al Arabiya. “His behavior at the time also showed that he was very close to converting.”

Jermaine added that he was personally in favor of his brother converting to Islam and that he kept pushing him to do so.

“I believe that Islam would have helped him a lot. Had he converted, he would have been spared all the problems he had been subjected to throughout his life.”

In November 2008, The Sun reported that Jackson officially converted to Islam and held a ceremony in a friend’s mansion is Los Angeles where he wore an Islamic garb and an Imam’s hat to pledge allegiance to the new religion.

According to the paper, an Imam was summoned from the mosque to bear witness to Jackson’s declaration of Islam, making his conversion official.

In the same month, the Daily Mail reported that Jackson was spotted feeling “a bit down” by songwriter David Wharnsby and producer Phillip Bubal, who have both embraced Islam. They started talking to him about their beliefs and how they became better people after they converted.

They told him Islam was the solution to his problem and he began “warming up to the idea,” the paper reported.

Jermaine, who converted to Islam in 1989 after a trip to the Middle East, told the press earlier that after he performed his pilgrimage ritual in Mecca, he noticed that his brother started asking him a lot of questions about Islam.

Jermaine gave Michael many books about Islam which the latter read avidly. Afterwards, Jermaine added, Michael told him he was proud of him for finding something that could give him such strength and inner peace.

(Translated from Arabic by Sonia Farid).

here is link:http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2010/01/21/98036.html

OMFG!! Jermaine is at it again.

MJ was about to convert to islam the same way he (Jermajesty's dad) was MJ's backbone.

Says King of Pop was on the verge of converting to Islam
Al Arabiya interviews Michael Jackson’s brother
must have missed that casue he never said that in the interview. non story. same story vertually word for word was posted years back with the same quotes from jermaine

MICHAEL GOES LATIN!
If you’ve seen Sky 1’s latest reality television show ‘Got To Dance’ what you won’t have seen yet is one of the act’s MJ Latin, who are a Latin American Formation team performing to Michael’s music, giving it a Latin twist.
MJ Latin’s audition never aired on the audition shows, but you can view it on YouTube.
Click on the link below to view the audition:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/91e78;www.youtube.com/user/stevespark#p/a/u/0/xp7iYeWW6B8
Click on the link below to support MJ Latin via Facebook:-
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MJ-Latin/298036157500?ref=mf
Source: Fever Dance Company
----------------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH KENNT ORTEGA

Kenny Ortega went through hundreds of hours of rehearsal footage putting together Michael Jackson's This Is It, a tribute to Jackson for his fans, but he says it was a labor of love. It was also a way of helping with the healing process after the death of his close friend. The film, which will be released on DVD on January 26th, exceeded expectations at the box office and earned a nomination in the Best Documentary category at the Critics' Choice Movie Awards. On the red carpet before the show, Ortega shared his memories of working with Michael Jackson and what set him apart as an entertainer.
Click on the link below to watch the interview:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/91e78;video.about.com/movies/Kenny-Ortega-Interview.htm
Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/91e78;About.com
---------------------------------------------------------
MJ OPUS PICTURE OF THE DAY- #2

The new Official Michael Jackson Opus, a 404-page 26-pound masterwork which generated tons of buzz after Kraken Opus announced its planned publication following news of the iconic singer’s death, was published December 7, 2009.
On January 14th http://www.facebook.com/l/91e78;MichaelJackson.com started a new online series, "MJ Opus Picture of the Day".
Click on the link below to view the second picture in the series:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/91e78;www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/opus-picture-day-mj-jim-henson-and-kermit-frog
Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/91e78;MichaelJackson.com
---------------------------------------------------
‘THIS IS IT’ RECOGNISED BY AMERICAN CINEMA EDITIORS

American Cinema Editors, the industry's leading organization of motion picture editors, has nominated Brandon Key, of Tustin, CA, for a 60th annual ACE Eddie Award. The announcement was made Jan. 12.
Key's "Best Edited Documentary" nomination, for his work on the critically acclaimed Michael Jackson film "This Is It," is shared by co-editors Tim Patterson, Don Brochu and Kevin Stitt.
Winners will be announced by ACE on Feb. 14.
Shortly after the world learned of the death of the legendary King of Pop, Key, a long-time Jackson fan, received a frantic call from Patterson, a friend and collaborator of 15 years, to help cobble together what had been raw rehearsal footage of Jackson's ill-fated international tour into a full-length documentary for an ASAP theatrical release.
Quite unexpectedly, Key and his cohorts found themselves laboring over piles of video footage 12 hours a day, seven days a week last summer in a frantic effort to create a posthumous Jackson film tribute for a fast-approaching October release. "This Is It" opened last fall to huge audiences and critical praise.
"I just never dreamed," Key stated, "that I'd be thrust into helping create what would become one of the biggest movies of the year -- and the highest-grossing concert film of all time."
That accomplished, Key and Patterson have gone on to edit and shoot additional content for the DVD, which is expected to ship this month.
"This Is It" has grossed over $250 million since its debut.

Source: PR Newswire
----------------------------------------------
MICHAEL’S MUSIC OPENED CELEBRATION

Michael’s music was used to open the 33rd Annual Doctor Martin Luther King Celebration yesterday at Kleinhan’s Music Hall. The program was free and open to the public.
Muhammad School of Music used Michael’s songs as a backdrop for a musical, dance and vocal presentation in a special “Tribute to the Kings.” Taking part were Miss Barbara’s School of Dance, the Western New York Gospel Music Workshop and the University at Buffalo American Sign Language Club.
Source: Buffalo News
---------------------------------------------
MICHAEL’S 'THIS IS IT' FURNITURE TO BE AUCTIONED
A furniture maker is set to auction an exquisite range of furniture designed for Michael for ‘Fox Manor’, according to the report, a retreat in England where he was going to reside during the O2 concerts. The items include sofas, chairs and desks.

The furniture was designed by a Milan company called Colombostile and is made up of the leather, wood, gold leaf, the finest silks and Swarovski crystals.
The items reportedly have cost $700,000 and the report also claims that the money for the items has since been returned to Michael’s parents.
Source: Entertainment Showbiz

“I believe that Islam would have helped him a lot. Had he converted, he would have been spared all the problems he had been subjected to throughout his life.”

What the heck is wrong with Jermaine!:doh: see why I it irks me when some family members speak about Mike. Some comments just are'nt necessary and this is one of them!

Is this a recent article though 'cause some of this sounds like something I read a few years ago.

Andre covers Jackson song for new album

160x120_starsnaps_peter_andre.jpg

Peter Andre has recorded a version of Michael Jackson's 'She's Out Of My Life' for his new album.
The song - a top three hit for Jackson in 1980 - is one of five classic ballads Andre has covered for Unconditional Love Songs, due for release on Rhino on February 1.
The remainder of the 16-track compilation comprises the singer's favorite romantic tracks from his previous LPs, including the hit singles 'Lonely' and 'The Right Way'.
"I have always wanted to cover an MJ song and this particular song is so simply done and says so much about the artist," Andre said in a press release. "It's lyrically beautiful and is so thought-provoking."
Andre's last studio album Revelation debuted and peaked at number three on the UK albums chart in September. It has since been certified platinum.
The Unconditional Love Songs tracklisting in full:

• 'Unconditional'
  • 'I Can't Make You Love Me'
  • 'Rest Of My Life'
  • 'Go Back'
  • 'Lonely'
  • 'Lost Without U'
  • 'Call The Doctor'
  • 'Stay With Me'
  • 'Overjoyed'
  • 'She's Out Of My Life'
  • 'All Cried Out'
  • 'Letting You Go'
  • 'I Feel You'
  • 'The Right Way'
  • 'Sign Your Name'
  • 'Untouchable'
here is link:http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a198278/andre-covers-jackson-song-for-new-album.html

Michael Jackson documentary, 'Whip it' now on DVD

Even casual fans of the Late King of Pop may want to check out "Michael Jackson's This Is It" (Sony, $29.95).
The music documentary was recorded in London, just weeks before Jackson's untimely death and was produced with the full support of Jackson's estate. Director Kenny Ortega (the "High School Musical" movies) compiled hundreds of hours of footage, including never-before-seen rehearsals for a planned series of sold-out concerts in London.
Featured are such Jackson hits are "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin,' " "Human Nature," "The Way You Make Me Feel," "I'll Be There," "The Love You Save," "Beat It," "Black or White" and "Man in the Mirror."
The PG-rated movie does contain a few vulgar references and gestures, as well as some violent imagery.
"Michael Jackson's This is It" is now available in a variety of DVD formats. The Blu-ray version ($39.99) features 30 minutes of additional footage, as well as a "Smooth Criminal" short film that was originally shot for the scrapped concerts.

here is link:http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705360038/Michael-Jackson-documentary-Whip-it-now-on-DVD.html

Carrie Underwood Part Of Michael Jackson 3-D Tribute At The Grammys

By: Janine Coveney
The late Michael Jackson will receive a special 3-D tribute and a posthumous lifetime achievement award at the 52nd annual Grammy Awards ceremony on January 31st. Ken Ehrlich, the Grammy telecast's co-executive producer and director of Michael's This Is It movie, has provided the awards show a 3D video clip of Michael's "Earth Song," which was to be part of the singer's 2009 London shows. Carrie Underwood, Usher, Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson and Smokey Robinson will perform alongside the clip, which will be the first time an awards show will feature 3-D.
Carrie's invitation to perform as part of this tribute came from the Michael Jackson estate and the Grammy's, according to the singer's publicist, who said, "Carrie is one of the artists they believed Michael would have liked to have seen sing on this particular song that was so very meaningful to him."
While a part of the clip was shown in the recent movie documentary This Is It, Ken told USA Today that the Grammys will show the full piece in 3-D.
Viewers will be able to get special Grammy 3-D glasses for free at Target stores between January 26th and January 31st, the day of the Grammy broadcast.
Michael will also be honored with a Grammy lifetime achievement award, which was the one Grammy honor he never received when he was alive.
The 52nd annual Grammy Awards will be held January 31st at Staples Center in Los Angeles, and will be broadcast live starting at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

here is link:http://www.cjdccountry.com/news/music/80/1055220

Take 5: Armenian Music and a Tribute to Michael Jackson, Latin Style

Music | Rock With You: A Tribute to Michael Jackson, Latin Style
Heralded as the first
Latin Michael Jackson tribute, this program features a selection of Mr. Jackson’s hits, including “The Way You Make Me Feel” and “Remember the Time,” performed live by the Bay Area dancer and singer Seaon (Stylist) Bristol and accompanied by an all-star salsa and Latin jazz band directed by Rebeca Mauleón. Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 4 and 8 p.m., Cowell Theater, Fort Mason Center, San Francisco.

here is link:http://bayarea.blogs.nytimes.com/20...and-a-tribute-to-michael-jackson-latin-style/

Jersey Shore” Cast’s Playlists: Drake, Michael Jackson and More
1/21/10, 1:06 pm EST

Tonight we say farewell to the MTV reality show that brought out America’s Inner Guido, as Rob Sheffield eloquently put it: Jersey Shore. Aside from the cast’s slavish devotion to house music, their love of the show’s theme song by LMFAO, and Mike “The Situation” ’s blasphemous equation of quitting the show to leaving the Beatles, we didn’t know much about the crew’s music IQ … until now. During a visit to the Rolling Stone offices yesterday we learned their first albums include Vanilla Ice (the Situation), Spice Girls (Snooki and Sammi), Michael Jackson (Ronnie) and, uh, the Hot 97 comp with Sir Mix-A-Lot’s “Baby Got Back” (Vinny). As for the crew’s first concert, Pauly D is unashamed to admit it was New Kids on the Block, while Snooki and Sammi recall seeing ‘NSync, JWOWW names Bon Jovi and Ronnie says his was a Redman/Method Man show.
But the real question — what would the seven housemates put on the ultimate Jersey Shore summer house mixtape — resulted in pandemonium. From what we could make out, Sammi suggests the Black Eyed Peas’ “I Gotta Feeling,” Vinny mentions David Guetta and Kelly Rowland’s “When Love Takes Over,” and the Situation’s must-hear is Drake’s “Forever.” “Every time I enter the club for an appearance I make sure they play my entrance song, ‘Forever,’ ” he says.
As for whether they’ll be hanging with any actual musicians soon, the Jersey Shore crew is optimistic. Pauly D and the Situation say they’re heading to a sweet sixteen for Diddy’s son, and Ronnie has plans to meet fellow New Yorker Fat Joe this weekend.

Rolling Stone

here is link:http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...sts-playlists-drake-michael-jackson-and-more/

Michael Jackson's Brother Wants Estate To Pay

Michael Jackson's brother, Randy Jackson, is in the middle of a creditor's claim filed against the estate and according to legal docs ... Randy is on the side of the creditor.

Stabler & Associates, a company that claims it was hired to handle Michael Jackson's business matters -- in particular, a humongous
[COLOR=#29a256! important][COLOR=#29a256! important]Bank [COLOR=#29a256! important]of [/COLOR][COLOR=#29a256! important]America[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] loan and the funding of his 2004 child molestation trial -- claims the estate owes the company $275,446.08.

Here's the problem. The statute of limitations has run on the debt. But Perry Wander, lawyer for Stabler & Associates, tells TMZ the company relied on Michael and Randy's repeated promises that the debt would be paid, so the estate should not be able to raise the technical, statute of limitations defense.

Howard Weitzman, lawyer for Michael Jackson's estate, is unmoved, telling TMZ, "The claim needs to be investigated and it appears to be barred by the statute of limitations."

And this is interesting ... included in the $275,446.08 -- a late penalty of $81,946.08.

here is link:http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/21/michael-jackson-randy-jackson-creditors-claim/

Grammy’s 3D Michael Jackson Tribute Details Revealed!

Word is out that The 2010 Grammy Awards will pay tribute to Michael Jackson in 3D! Following the trend of the times, the Grammy’s organizers will be using an idea that Michael had himself and highlight Michael’s “Earth Song” with the 3D show. Read more below.

Back when Michael was planning out his tour, he met with producer Ken Ehrlich and showed him a sneak peek of his extra-dimensional plan for Earth Song. He wanted to highlight the song because of its message which speaks of preserving the earth. Michael, ever the philanthropist, wanted to send a message with his tour, and now the Grammy’s will honor his memory by sending that message.
Ehrlich interviewed with entertainment tonight and said that:
“When we knew that everybody was kind of looking to see what the Grammy’s were going to do about Michael Jackson…it really came down to what I felt and what we all felt Michael would have wanted. Michael would have wanted us to do ‘Earth Song’ and that’s what we’re doing in the show.”
The star studded card that will be performing in the tribute is described by Ken:
“The people that we picked to perform this 3D version of ‘Earth Song’ are the people that I really feel Michael would have wanted to be there–Celine Dion, who was always one of Michael’s favorites. Carrie Underwood, who we talked about the night that I met with him. Usher, who we know he loved. Smokey [Robinson], his [mentor]. And Jennifer Hudson, who performed at the memorial service that we did, but was also someone that Michael really admired a lot.”
Since his untimely death in June of last year, Michael’s record sales have skyrocketed and his behind-the-scenes movie “This is it” took the world by storm. Now, another echo of his memory will be seen at the Grammy’s. Personally, I love it. Michael’s music is fantastic and his message in this song in particular is both profound and convicting. I’m excited to see what the producers can come up with for this very promising tribute. Time to get my 3D glasses?
Check out pictures of Michael and a video of his famed “earth song” below!

here is link:http://tv.rightcelebrity.com/?p=3821

The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards to Salute Michael Jackson

michael-jackson-this-is-it-soundtrack.jpg

The Recording Academy has announced it will be honoring the memory of Michael Jackson with a very special tribute as part of the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards airing Sunday, January 31st.
The Academy will present a short 3-D film Jackson had created to be used on his "This Is It" concert tour along with his hit "Earth Song." Addressing the future of the earth held great personal significance for Jackson, but his untimely passing kept this plan from materializing.
Some amazing vocal talent will be coming together on stage to join their voices with Mr. Jackson's in this tribute: Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson, Carrie Underwood and Usher should make this a Grammypowerhouse moment. Neil Portnow, President and CEO of the Academy, issued this statement: "This segment promises to be an emotional highlight of this year's show, and is sure to join the unique list of amazing performances for which the Grammy Awardshave become renowned".
CBS and Target are providing free 3-D glasses for fans. They can be picked up at Target stores Sunday January 24th through Sunday, January 31st.

here is link:http://technorati.com/entertainment/music/article/the-52nd-annual-grammy-awards-to/

I think the Grammy tribute is going to be nice..and I hope Katherine is the one that accepts the award..

Quincy Jones To Remake 'We Are The World' For Haiti

Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie are planning a massive 25th anniversary re-recording of "We Are the World."

The timing couldn't be better, sadly enough.

The duo is summoning lots and lots of talent from Grammy weekend to stay an extra night - Monday Feb. 1 - and come to the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. There, they will celebrate a quarter century since Ken Kragen, Richie and Michael Jackson organized the original "We Are the World" with Jones.

This time the artists invited include Usher, Natalie Cole, and John Legend. But you can bet that more names will be added shortly and that all the Grammy nominees and participants will be asked to come as well. Grammy producer Ken Ehrlich will produce the event, which will then be turned into a video and single just like it was in 1985. Don't be surprised if Wyclef Jean joins in, along with Sting, Fergie, Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake and other distinctive voices.

It's hoped that as in 1985, everyone will "leave their egos at the door."

Originally, this anniversary celebration was to be held on Jan. 28. But when the Haiti earthquake happened, sources tell me, the whole deal changed. Now proceeds will go to Haiti relief. In 1985, "We Are the World," which begat Live Aid, raised money for Africa relief.

here is link:http://www.billboard.com/news/quinc...s-to-remake-we-are-the-world-1004060769.story

[/i]

:( If only Michael could perform it himself..

must have missed that casue he never said that in the interview. non story. same story vertually word for word was posted years back with the same quotes from jermaine

According to the LA Times, the interview aired last night:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/bab...-michael-jacksons-brother-tells-arab-new.html

It is a brand new interview.

Does Islam have a 'Thou shall not lie' commandment?

I thought the family was kept away...how the hell does Jermaine know MJ was close to convert? whatever. The guy is greedy...will say anything for attention.

Last edited:
Marlon Jackson talks to Atlanta's Channel 2

Atlanta's Channel 2's Jovita Moore talks with Marlon about dealing with Michael's death, the death investigation, the A&E show, investing in museums in Nigeria, etc.

Click here to watch:
http://www.wsbtv.com/video/22275805/index.html

Back