Daily News - October 22, 2009 - Worlds best alpinist pays tribute!

Arabian Knight

Proud Member
This is a movie director and a singer from my home country, his name is Maher Alkhaja and he is known as “Arabian Jackson” and he is an MJ impersonator and he says he is inspired by him. Today an article was published about him in one of our newspapers, it is in Arabic and I am unable to translate because it is too long, you may use an online tool but I am sure it won’t work accurately.

maheralkhaja.jpg

ar20-141009-02_small.jpg

ar20-141009-03_small.jpg

http://www.emaratalyoum.com/Article...0142009_b3e6af1a65534c2c8755048142e38092.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Maher Alkhaja “Arabian Jackson”

Again and again it's amazing to see how Michael influenced people of sooo many nations! :clapping::wub:

It's nice :) hey I was able to find the word 'Jackson' in the arabic sentence yeaaay!
*careful, my arabic is less than basic* lol

Does it says ''kabir bin al raja wa Jackson..? or something close to it....or I'm completely wrong?

^^^ Yes it was written next to his name because they call him Jackson of Arabs ot Arabian Jackson and the word "Jackson" is written in Arabic this way:

جاكسون

So you are right :) It is nice to find someone who understand our language.

Michael Jackson's Celebrated Album Comes to Life at Lakeland Center Concert

The Ledger - Classic Albums Live takes on Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' album this Tuesday at The Lakeland Center. By Gary White Don't expect to see moon-walking, ...

ghosts7.jpg

Nevada judge unseals some Jackson doctor warrants

LAS VEGAS — A Nevada judge released search warrant documents Wednesday similar to those previously disclosed in the investigation of pop singer Michael Jackson's death.
However, Clark County District Court Judge Valerie Adair kept other documents sealed for at least 30 more days at the request of police conducting a homicide investigation.
Adair refused to disclose documents relating to an Aug. 11 search of a Las Vegas pharmacy where authorities say Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, bought the powerful anesthetic propofol.
The Los Angeles County coroner has ruled Jackson's death a homicide, caused primarily by propofol and another sedative. Murray has not been charged with a crime but is the focus of the police investigation.
The newly released documents contain a summary of the police investigation through July 24, including Murray's insistence that he was not the first doctor to administer propofol to Jackson.
Police were investigating whether prescriptions came from multiple doctors in violation of professional and criminal codes against excessive prescriptions and prescribing to addicts, the documents state.
The affidavit listed the names of a dermatologist, general practitioner, anesthesiologists, plastic surgeon and nurse practitioner who treated Jackson.
The documents said police were seeking records relating to prescriptions "administered, prescribed, obtained, transferred, sold, distributed, and/or concealed" to Jackson or various pseudonyms.
Names listed in the records included Omar Arnold, Paul Farance, Bryan Singleton, Jack London, Jimmy Nicholas, Blanca Nicholas, Roselyn Muhammad, Faheem Muhammad, Frank Tyson, Fernand Diaz, Peter Madonie, Josephine Baker and Kai Chase. It also listed Prince Jackson, the singer's 12-year-old son, as a possible alias.
Lawyers representing The Associated Press, Los Angeles Times, TMZ Productions Inc. of Los Angeles and Stephens Media LLC, the parent company of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, are seeking the release of all search warrant documents relating to the Jackson case in Nevada.
After reviewing affidavits and hearing closed-door testimony from a police detective, Adair said she was convinced that releasing documents involving the search of Applied Pharmacy Services "could compromise the Los Angeles Police Department's ongoing investigation into the homicide of Michael Jackson."
She ordered a Nov. 18 hearing to determine whether there is continued justification to keep the search warrant sealed.
Adair had been expected to release documents stemming from other raids July 28 at Murray's home, office and storage unit in Las Vegas.
A Clark County prosecutor has said the state wasn't opposed to releasing those records, since the documents contained information already made public after searches at Murray's offices in Houston and Los Angeles.
Murray, a cardiologist licensed in Nevada, Texas and California, was hired to be the pop star's personal physician during a world tour.
Affidavits already made public show Murray told investigators that he gave Jackson propofol as a sleep aid, along with multiple sedatives, in the hours before the 50-year-old pop singer died June 25 in a rented Los Angeles mansion.
Jackson referred to the opaque liquid drug as his "milk," the documents said.
A warrant application filed in Clark County District Court following the Aug. 11 search at the Las Vegas pharmacy said detectives hoped to find records including credit card receipts, shipping orders or mailing lists showing Murray or his employees bought prescription medications "including but not limited to" propofol.
After a 90-minute search, investigators seized only paperwork, the warrant said. No details were provided.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gvcLH28ub3AyGjplQ256FNiOT6CQD9BFPTR00

Upcoming events: Jackson impersonator to 'thrill' crowd

Lynchburg News and Advance -
A local aspiring Michael Jackson impersonator will be performing several Jackson routines, set to songs like “Billie Jean” and “Want to Be Startin' ...

Nothing Happened today in Michael Jackson History...

(or if it did, he didn't share it with the media / press) :smilerolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Worlds best alpinist make tribute to MJ [Funny]

wow, really funny, it looks as if this would happen on the moon, so unreal. It's nice to see all over the world, people of every nation and profession, paying their tribute to Michael.

That has to be the highest of altitudes of all the MJ tributes!

Any Everest daredevils wanna break the record?

wow, really funny, it looks as if this would happen on the moon, so unreal. It's nice to see all over the world, people of every nation and profession, paying their tribute to Michael.

Its incredible! Ive never seen anything like it before in history! The amount of worldwide tributes for Michael the world has never seen before. The news never really showed the depth of it all but all you gotta do is look it up on YouTube, truly unbelievable!

i never heard of him doing any tribute or show in uae although i have been born here

Adam Lambert Calls Michael Jackson's Musical Style 'Groundbreaking'

Adam Lambert Calls Michael Jackson's Musical Style 'Groundbreaking'

281x211.jpg

'It'll be really cool,' singer says of the premiere of 'Michael Jackson's This Is It.'

During season 8 of "American Idol," Adam Lambert became known for blurring boundaries, mixing elements of pop, '70s glam rock, metal, musical theater and more into his live performances. It's just that capacity to take risks that he so admires in Michael Jackson, whose "This Is It" documentary hits theaters on October 28.

"[H]is music so groundbreaking because he really brought a lot of rock into [it]," Lambert, who grew up listening to MJ and watching his videos, told MTV News. "He had initially set himself up with this R&B presence and he brought so much rock into it and I think it was really groundbreaking how he fused all those different styles together in a pop format. I'm very inspired by that musically."

With "Idol" behind him and his debut album coming soon, the 27-year-old singer released a fiery music video for the power ballad "Time For Miracles" on Wednesday (October 21). When we chatted with him earlier, Lambert not only praised MJ's music but also his iconic music videos.

"Visually, his videos were, like, you could not compete with Michael Jackson," Lambert said with a smile. "He was the one. He just took a lot of chances and really went full into his thematic choices and I'm inspired by that as well."

The singer professed to be looking forward to the premiere of "This Is It" for more than one reason: it will also mark a premiere for his career as well. "Time For Miracles" appears on the soundtrack for the upcoming big-budget disaster flick, "2012," and the trailer will run before Jackson's doc.

"That will be like a double-whammy for me that night, seeing what was left of his legacy and myself to do a little pre-show action," he said. "It'll be really cool."

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1624416/story.jhtml

Producers remix fave Michael Jackson songs

By Nedra Rhone

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Michael Jackson fans never can say goodbye, and they won't have to with upcoming releases that promise to keep his legacy alive.

"This is It," a film directed by Kenny Ortega, hits theaters next week. It promises to show viewers behind-the-scenes footage of Jackson preparing for what may have been his last concert tour. This week, "Michael Jackson: The Remix Suite" from Universal Motown Records, arrived in stores.

Hot producers, including three Atlanta-based musicians, remixed their favorite songs from the Jackson 5's Motown era. Akon worked on "Ben," Polow Da Don contributed his version of "Dancing Machine" and Dallas Austin offered up a new rendition of "I Wanna Be Where You Are." In addition to these hits, the remix album also features lesser-known songs such as "Maria" and "Skywriter."

We chatted with Austin about his memories of Michael Jackson and his contribution to the "Remix Suite."

Q: What is your earliest memory of Michael Jackson?
A: When we were little, we would take the Motown records and listen to the Jackson 5 and watch the cartoon on TV. A lot of people felt like we grew up with him, like he was someone we went to school with because he has been with us since we were children.

Q: How did he influence you as an artist?

A: He influenced me melodically from a songwriting standpoint. He is an incredible songwriter. I would listen to his songs and listen to the production of Quincy Jones. And I thought, “I want to be that good one day.”

Q: What are some of your favorite Michael Jackson songs?

A: "Can You Feel It" with the Jackson 5 and "I Can’t Help It." And "P.Y.T." and "Human Nature". One of my favorites was when I was working on the HIStory album, "Scream" was one of the best songs.

Q: What was your vision for the remix of "I Wanna Be Where You Are?"

A: I wanted to make it as, what would it sound like if he did it right now? And take some of the elements of the records he made in more recent years and combine that with the classic-ness of his voice when he was younger.

Q: Was it intimidating to remix one of his hits?

A: One of the ones I wouldn’t touch with a 10-foot pole is Billy Jean or Thriller. That is what you don’t touch.

Q: What do you hope his fans get from hearing your remix?

A: It is a fresh memory. I think between getting this album and seeing his movie that is coming out, it will leave you with a fresher memory than what you have now.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/AccessAtlanta-sharing_/producers-remix-fave-michael-169656.html

Saving Jackson's Last Steps

The production team on reshaping rehearsal 'remnants' into a film

By JOHN JURGENSEN

WK-AR627_ADVISE_G_20091021154954.jpg
Columbia Pictures Michael Jackson rehearses at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Michael Jackson never stopped shaping new material, his collaborators on a comeback concert say. When the singer died suddenly on June 25, his creative crew carried on to repurpose his unfinished live show—including a new militaristic dance routine—for the big screen. The resulting film, "This Is It," opens Wednesday nationwide and in 62 other countries.
Among the challenges the team faced: staying true to Mr. Jackson's vision with a product he hadn't intended, and doing so with some footage not meant for public eyes, including poorly lit rehearsal scenes.
Leading the effort was the director of the incomplete concert production, Kenny Ortega. A Hollywood veteran who choreographed "Dirty Dancing" and directed Walt Disney's "High School Musical" movies, Mr. Ortega in the 1990s helped conceive two of Mr. Jackson's biggest world tours.
Mr. Ortega began the marathon process of compiling the film in late July. Working primarily on Sony Pictures' Los Angeles lot, the director oversaw an editing and postproduction staff of 20. Collaborators from the concert production, choreographer Travis Payne and musical director Michael Bearden, helped on key creative decisions. The team worked seven days a week to turn in the movie in early October.
They were selecting from more than 100 hours of footage taken during Mr. Jackson's four months of rehearsals in preparation for a series of 50 concerts at London's O2 arena—but much of the footage was unusable or didn't include Mr. Jackson. "We had remnants," Mr. Payne says, pointing out that some of the cameramen were still in rehearsals themselves. "You don't see the finished glossy product that we've become accustomed to."
The crew built the movie around the set list Mr. Jackson had settled on for the concert, using input from fans who had voted online. The most polished footage came from 10 splashy short films meant for massive screens in the London venue. Rehearsal scenes came from a small crew documenting the process for Mr. Jackson, who studied the footage like game tape. (Mr. Bearden recalls the singer asking his band to draw out pauses between songs to give him more time to "sizzle" in front of his fans.) Other cameramen had been tasked with shooting the actual concerts, for a potential theatrical film, and were practicing their own duties.
Without multiple takes or planned camera angles, the filmmakers found ways to fill holes. Patching together a sequence for "Beat It," Mr. Ortega was frustrated that he didn't have a wide shot to give viewers perspective. But the director got what he needed when his production designer remembered shooting 11 minutes of tape from the seats in the Staples Center, the L.A. arena where most rehearsals occurred.
Choreographer Mr. Payne recalls how Mr. Jackson was bent on packing as much into the show as possible. That included transitions between songs, such as a new musical routine called "The Drill," featuring the singer pantomiming gunplay with a regiment of dancers. Born of Mr. Jackson's fascination with military symbolism, "The Drill" sent a message of "unity and strength in numbers," Mr. Payne says.
But at times the team needed to contain the singer's ever-expanding vision. When Mr. Jackson wanted to add elements to a platform already loaded with crystal chandeliers and aerialists, Mr. Ortega changed the singer's mind with a safety warning: "If we add 10 more pounds to the truss we're in danger of it falling from the ceiling," he recalls saying.
More than 1,000 U.S. screenings have already sold out through movie-ticket service Fandango—promising news for Sony, which paid $60 million for the concert footage. An explanatory crawl at the opening will remind audiences that the source material was meant for a show that never went live. Mr. Ortega says, "We ended with a work in progress. However, we got close enough."
Write to John Jurgensen at john.jurgensen@wsj.com

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704224004574487742094843078.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond#printMode

Back