Daily News - October 1, 2009 "Thriller" Month! + VH1 to pay tribute to Michael!

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Jackson And Dupri Back Together

jackson220x339.JPG
(AP Photo/Alberto Pellaschiar)​

Janet Jackson has rekindled her romance with record producer Jermaine Dupri just weeks after confirming the end of their seven-year relationship.

The couple, which began dating in 2002, sparked rumors of a split in July when Dupri was noticeably absent from his girlfriend's side as she mourned the loss of her brother Michael Jackson at his public memorial.
The R&B superstar confirmed she had parted ways with Dupri in a recent interview with Harper's Bazaar magazine, adding that she has not been on a date since their split.

She added, "I've had people ask me out. I haven't entertained any offers thus far. ..."

But Jackson appears to have settled her differences with Dupri -- they were spotted together in Milan last week at a party with fashion designer Donatella Versace.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=7&entry_id=48637

Michael Jackson's Attorneys Accuse Companies of Charity Scam

ABC News - Alex Dobuzinskis, Bob Tourtellotte - two California charities on Tuesday, accusing them of scamming the dead singer's fans by using ...

The Ledger - Lorrie Delk Walker - Lakeland, Florida (USA)
Secondly, they will unite on Kentucky Avenue for a performance

Pirated Jackson CDs seized in Auckland

TVNZ -
Police have raided a Manurewa store and arrested its proprietor for selling pirated copies of Michael Jackson CDs. Officers were acting on a tip off from ...

**********************************​

Vh1 to pay tribute to Michael Jackson

Indiantelevision.com -
MUMBAI: Vh1, the international entertainment channel from the Viacom18 stable, is set to organise an official testimonial on Michael Jackson. ...

**********************************​

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1991 - The white crystal-beaded glove worn by Michael Jackson was stolen from the Motown Museum in Detroit. M.C. Hammer offered a $50,000 reward for its return. The glove was recovered two days later and 23-year-old Bruce Hays was arrested on charges of grand larceny.

1993 - The BPI certified the Michael Jackson album "Dangerous" at six times platinum.

2001 - Janet Jackson canceled her upcoming tour of Europe over concerns for the safety of her entourage. The concerns were a result of the terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone should post on its own thread what Paris Katherine Jackson thinks of what happened to his father Michael Jackson

Last edited:
@Draliongirl.. I saw that, but it can't be posted due to the fact it's from a tabloid paper.. (I think The Daily Mirror is a tabloid)

The Sun, a tabloid from his worst sort, has brandnew pictures of Paris, Prince and Blanket, they are shopping in a good mood with her nanny.
Should I post it?

okay, but believe me, good to see them, they seem to be really in a good condition.

I saw it already on the worst of tabloids website, trying NOT to read anything, cause they make it sound twisted again, but I'm just saying that this is what mjjc forum says and as far as I know it's been like that here always: no pics of kids, respecting MJ's wishes.

It's getting more and more stupid that pictures of the children aren't allowed.

nearly 2 billion people saw them at the funeral and the memorial. But OK, the 2000 members here aren't allowed to see them. :lol: Truely it's stupid.

lol@Hess.

I guess because it always turns into a DNA discussion for one thing.. It never fails. Some will say oh they look like Mike others will argue that they don't.. so I guess this is one argument that will be stopped b4 it starts unlike on other threads..

Glad to see Janet looking well.. Kudos to her..

Spike Lee in Gary for Michael Jackson film
Comments

October 1, 2009
By Lisa DeNeal, Post-Tribune correspondent

GARY -- Award-winning director Spike Lee and a film crew spent Wednesday at the childhood home of Michael Jackson filming a documentary about the King of Pop.

"This ... is where it all happened! Right here -- 2300 Jackson Street ... the greatest entertainer in the world," Lee said during a brief break between filming.

Lee wore his traditional New York Yankees baseball attire to fight off the early morning chill. Lee, responsible for more than 20 years of acclaimed movies such as "Do The Right Thing," "School Daze" and "Malcolm X," directed Jackson several years ago in a music video.

It was called "They Don't Really Care About Us," a title from one of Jackson singles from the "HIStory" CD.

Lee said the footage at the house will be part of a short film on Jackson's life that will likely be released in mid-October. Jackson died June 25 at age 50.

When asked if his short film is coinciding with the release of "This is It," a movie on Jackson's final days that includes footage of the singer's rehearsals for a London tour, Lee said "it could be."

"This is It" will be released Oct. 28 and play for just two weeks. Tickets went on sale Monday and many 500-seat venues have sold out. Some Northwest Indiana theaters are holding late-night premieres Oct. 27.

Wednesday's filming here was kept secret for days.

Spectators in the neighborhood were few, and only some lucky ones got to be in on the thrilling action.

Roderick Robinson of Gary was selling T-shirts across the street from Jackson's home. He and other vendors and fans smiled for Lee as they were filmed wearing T-shirts with Jackson's image.

Each one also worn the version of the symbolic glittered glove, bearing the two-fingers peace sign as the camera rolled.

"When I found out about the filming, I knew I had to be here. But this was bigger than I expected," Robinson said.

He boasted he can now say he worked with Spike Lee. "Right Spike?" Robinson shouted as Lee who gave him a thumbs up.

Lee posed for photos with vendors after the filming was completed.

David Fossett, a second cousin to Jackson who also oversees the Jackson home, walked around during the filming. "It's a great thing to have Spike here," he said. Mayor Rudy Clay also stopped by to chat with Lee.

"We celebrated Michael's birthday in Brooklyn with 20,000 fans and we are doing it again next year on Aug. 29 in Brooklyn. You should come down next year," Lee said.

When asked his favorite Michael Jackson song, Lee said it would be a disservice to name just one.

"But I will tell you about one demo that was never released as a single...it's called 'Scared of the Moon.' It is on the Essential Michael Jackson Collection," Lee said before walking away. "A great song that should have been a single! Look it up!"

http://www.post-trib.com/news/lake/1800597,spike-lee-MJ-1001.article

It's nice Spike Lee is doing this. He should also do a more in-depth documentary about Michael. He has the profile to make it successful unlike other people's documentaries that have been blocked.

nearly 2 billion people saw them at the funeral and the memorial. But OK, the 2000 members here aren't allowed to see them. :lol: Truely it's stupid.

doesnt really matter. i know pics of them dont get posted on here so i just go to other boards to see them. this board has its rules and thats it. its not like the pics are banned from every site going. u wanna see them u just go to other boards

Comments

October 1, 2009

GARY -- Award-winning director Spike Lee and a film crew spent Wednesday at the childhood home of Michael Jackson filming a documentary about the King of Pop.

"This ... is where it all happened! Right here -- 2300 Jackson Street ... the greatest entertainer in the world," Lee said during a brief break between filming.

Lee wore his traditional New York Yankees baseball attire to fight off the early morning chill. Lee, responsible for more than 20 years of acclaimed movies such as "Do The Right Thing," "School Daze" and "Malcolm X," directed Jackson several years ago in a music video.

It was called "They Don't Really Care About Us," a title from one of Jackson singles from the "HIStory" CD.

Lee said the footage at the house will be part of a short film on Jackson's life that will likely be released in mid-October. Jackson died June 25 at age 50.

When asked if his short film is coinciding with the release of "This is It," a movie on Jackson's final days that includes footage of the singer's rehearsals for a London tour, Lee said "it could be."

"This is It" will be released Oct. 28 and play for just two weeks. Tickets went on sale Monday and many 500-seat venues have sold out. Some Northwest Indiana theaters are holding late-night premieres Oct. 27.

Spectators in the neighborhood were few, and only some lucky ones got to be in on the thrilling action.

Roderick Robinson of Gary was selling T-shirts across the street from Jackson's home. He and other vendors and fans smiled for Lee as they were filmed wearing T-shirts with Jackson's image.

Each one also worn the version of the symbolic glittered glove, bearing the two-fingers peace sign as the camera rolled.

"When I found out about the filming, I knew I had to be here. But this was bigger than I expected," Robinson said.

He boasted he can now say he worked with Spike Lee. "Right Spike?" Robinson shouted as Lee who gave him a thumbs up.

David Fossett, a second cousin to Jackson who also oversees the Jackson home, walked around during the filming. "It's a great thing to have Spike here," he said. Mayor Rudy Clay also stopped by to chat with Lee.

"We celebrated Michael's birthday in Brooklyn with 20,000 fans and we are doing it again next year on Aug. 29 in Brooklyn. You should come down next year," Lee said.

When asked his favorite Michael Jackson song, Lee said it would be a disservice to name just one.

"But I will tell you about one demo that was never released as a single...it's called 'Scared of the Moon.' It is on the Essential Michael Jackson Collection," Lee said before walking away. "A great song that should have been a single! Look it up!"

Wow, "Scared Of The Moon" is one of my most favorites too, i made a thread about SOTM in the MJ groove theory part of the forum, but didnt have success, almost noone replied (some did of course, but vey few), wow, nice to know that my favotite movie is Crooklyn from Spike and his favorite song from Michael is "Scared Of The Moon", I should be a director:yes::yes::yes: i think i have great taste, I ADORE Spike work, amazing director, needless to say They Dont Care About Us, is one of my favorite videos from Michael (both versions)
Spike Lee is a genius director :agree::agree::agree:

To the ones who havent heard Scared of The Moon, LISTEN TO IT, is very deep, its awesome

The white crystal-beaded glove worn by Michael Jackson was stolen from the Motown Museum in Detroit. M.C. Hammer offered a $50,000 reward for its return.

Theres something I thought i'd never read. :giggle:

Nice post, thanks for the news :)

Pics of kids are not allowed on mjjc forum.

I have to agree, i mean its like ignoring Michael's children almost, really I had no idea of those pics, like i just saw them cause someone here mention it, they look fine, i love the t-shirt Prince Michael I is wearing of Bruce Lee, Michael loved Bruce Lee movies, i guess the kids like them too hahah:D

Wow, "Scared Of The Moon" is one of my most favorites too, i made a thread about SOTM in the MJ groove theory part of the forum, but didnt have success, almost noone replied (some did of course, but vey few), wow, nice to know that my favotite movie is Crooklyn from Spike and his favorite song from Michael is "Scared Of The Moon", I should be a director:yes::yes::yes: i think i have great taste, I ADORE Spike work, amazing director, needless to say They Dont Care About Us, is one of my favorite videos from Michael (both versions)
Spike Lee is a genius director :agree::agree::agree:

To the ones who havent heard Scared of The Moon, LISTEN TO IT, is very deep, its awesome

So to the ones who havent heard the song yet here is the thread i was talking about i made aboUt SCARED OF THE MOON
In the first part of the thread i posted the lyric and then a youtube video i found about it which is BEAUTIFUL
Go and buy is on The Ultimate Collection (Wonderful compillation with uunheard wonderful tracks like Scared Of The Moon or Cheater(Cheater is awesome too), etc, etc

Well here the link to the thread
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74622
Listen to the song and the lyrics, won-der-ful, really profound

doesnt really matter. i know pics of them dont get posted on here so i just go to other boards to see them. this board has its rules and thats it. its not like the pics are banned from every site going. u wanna see them u just go to other boards

I agree with you. I would be upset if this site changed its awesome rule and starts posting pictures of MJ's children especially knowing how hard he tried to keep them out of the tabs etc. A person can go on any other site and see it.

What I don't get is the few ppl complaining about not seeing the pics here when they just viewed them somewhere else. Why the need to see it on here specifically?

Comments

October 1, 2009

What?! :bugeyed Damn it, Spike! You beat me to it! :p I was in an elevator with him on Monday. If I had known this, I would've probably asked him about it, haha.

Thanks for the news!

Scared of the Moon is the song that FURTHER convinced me that Michael Jackson was a genius.

I saw the Spike Lee article in my google alerts.

I wish Spike would consider do a feature length documentary because I know that he would look at Michael's life and legacy in the context of race relations, humanitarian work, in addition to Michael's musical and entertaining accomplishments.

I'll check out his website late today to see if there are any more details about this doc. But is it just me, but there is sooooooo much going to be released in OCT that is MJ related- TII movie, new song and TII soundtrack, official Remix Suites album, Moonwalk Bio. . . But at least it's all POSITIVE!:)

Back