Daily News - November 19, 2009 - LaToya not ready to see the movie yet

MsSnoop

Proud Member
New York's Hard Rock Café Hosts Thriller of an Auction

VIBE_Michael_Jackson_glove.jpg

Four months after his death, the legend of Michael Jackson is still larger than life.

The King of Pop will be the centerpiece of Media Icon's Auction to be held at Hard Rock Café New York in Times Square Nov. 21. Julien's Auction, who will be overseeing the event, has collected an impressive array of items that represent some of music's greatest landmark moments.
Fans and serious collectors can bid on such historic pieces as Jackson's first white glittered glove worn during his monumental "Billie Jean" performance on 1983's Motown 25 television special ($40, 000-$60,000); a black "Bad" tour bondage outfit ($8,000-$10,000); a drawing of Charlie Chaplin done by the singer at the age of nine ($2,000-$4,000); an autographed copy of three gold Thriller singles ($600-$800), original handwritten lyrics to "Beat It" ($2000-$4000) and a costume Jackson wore at the famed Apollo Theater in 2002, his last stage performance in the U.S. ($4,000-$6,000). Bidding prices are suggested, with a portion of the proceeds going to various charities.

Martin Nolan, Executive Director at Julien's Auctions, says interest in all things MJ is at an all-time high. "Michael Jackson has a very loyal fan base worldwide," he explains. "We've just done four continents in four weeks touring the highlights of this auction. Certainly since Michael's death, while he is the King of Pop, he's become a truly legendary status who takes center stage with Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, and John Lennon as highly collectible and great investments. If you own something of Michael Jackson today, it will increase in value."

But the collection is not just limited to Jackson. At a Nov. 17 press preview, items ranging from a Beatles ' Sgt. Peppers outtake photo ($400-$600) and a signed concert scarf from Presley ($200-$400) to a signature 1983 electric blue cloud guitar once owned by Prince ($6,000-$8,000) were also on display.

Darren Julian, president and CEO of Julian's says a new generation of buyers is starting to make their presence felt. "It's interesting that young people are beginning to collect more from Western pop culture," he says. "It's huge all over the world. The newer generation who were fans of artists like Michael Jackson, Prince and Madonna are starting to collect memorabilia."

The Music Icon exhibition will be open until Nov. 21. For more info go to juliensauctions.com. --Keith Murphy

Check out our gallery of Michael Jackson collectibles from the auction here.

http://www.vibe.com/mt/2009/11/new-yorks-hard-rock-cafe-hosts-thriller-of-an-auction/

Janet Jackson: Michael in denial over drug problem

NEW YORK — Janet Jackson says she recognized her brother Michael's
drug problem, and tried to help him, but that he rebuffed those attempts to intervene. "You can't make 'em drink the water," Jackson told ABC News in an interview airing Wednesday. When asked if her brother was in denial about his addiction, she replied, "Possibly."

"I wish he could answer this question for you and not me," she told ABC's Robin Roberts. "I felt that he was in denial."

She blames Dr. Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson's personal physician, for his death June 25.

Prosecutors in Los Angeles are weighing charges against Murray, who told police he administered a powerful anesthetic to the singer shortly before he died.

During the interview, the 43-year-old Janet Jackson spoke of her upcoming diet book, "True You," which chronicles her lifelong struggle to control her weight.

She has gained some mastery over her self-image, she said, after years of "just picking yourself apart all the time because you're so used to being kind of picked apart."

She said she hasn't seen "This Is It," the new documentary film spotlighting her late brother as he prepared for the concert tour that would've taken place last summer.

"I definitely won't, not right now," she said. "I don't know if I will ever see it."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hPGWuTXtAl9uATM7dubMk5JZfPAAD9C25HQO1

**********************************************​

Young-Michael-Jackson-in--002.jpg

MTV acquires rights to air Michael Jackson's 'This Is It' film

Put an X, somewhere, on your calendar for 2011

When Michael Jackson's "This Is It" rehearsal footage film is finally aired on television, it will be on at least one of MTV Networks' many channels. The cable company purchased the exclusive rights to the movie, released last month, to air some time in 2011.​

MTV Networks include MTV, VH1, BET, Palladia and other sister spin-offs.
The move seems appropriate, as it was MTV that helped make Michael Jackson into the superstar he became, airing his biggest videos like "Thriller" and "Bad."

MTV will help Sony promote the DVD of "This Is It" next year, a release that is sure to containe even more rehearsal images captured March through June this year.

The film itself fell short of what Sony was probably hoping for, grossing roughly $196 million worldwide, $67 million of that in the United States.

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-11-18-mtv-acquires-rights-to-air-michael-jackson-s-this-is-it

*************************************​

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1991 - Michael Jackson's "Dangerous Gift-Pack" was released.

1992 - Janet Jackson's "Rhythm Nation 1814" was certifed at six million in sales by the RIAA.

255278.jpeg

1996 - Michael Jackson did an interview with Ian "Molly" Meldrum while in Australia. The interview was aired on Australian television.

2002 - In Berlin, Michael Jackson made a brief appearance on the balcony of his hotel. He held his third son, Prince Michael II, over the edge of the fourth-floor balcony. Later in the day Jackson issued a statement via his lawyer calling the incident a "terrible mistake."

2003 - At a press conference, Santa Barbara District Attorney Tom Sneddon announced that Michael Jackson was wanted under California Penal Code 299a: molestation of a child. Jackson's bail was set at $3 million.

michael_jackson_gourges_smile_by_ATIANABOXEN.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Daily News - November 18, 2009

Janet Jackson: Michael in denial over drug problem

NEW YORK — Janet Jackson says she recognized her brother Michael's
drug problem, and tried to help him, but that he rebuffed those attempts to intervene. "You can't make 'em drink the water," Jackson told ABC News in an interview airing Wednesday. When asked if her brother was in denial about his addiction, she replied, "Possibly."

"I wish he could answer this question for you and not me," she told ABC's Robin Roberts. "I felt that he was in denial."

(...)

How to sell more CDs: the answer is above.

Omg here it goes...... The media had to report the negative thing.

i any news is that Janet Jackson had interview last night with Robin Roberts last night i watch it :yes: did you all did?

here is link:http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1626627/20091119/jackson_janet.jhtml

Janet Jackson Opens Up About Michael, Jermaine Dupri In Robin Roberts Interview

Singer talks to ABC News about her recent breakup, family tragedy and her father's influence on her career.

Janet Jackson is known almost as much for her private nature as she is for her signature dance moves and decades of pop hits. But in a rare interview with ABC News that aired on Wednesday night, the day after her Number Ones album came out, the singer sat down with Robin Roberts to discuss her feelings about brother Michael Jackson's death, her breakup with Jermaine Dupri and how she's trying to gain more control over her sometimes chaotic life.
"That was a shocker to me," Janet said of when she first learned that her brother had been using the powerful surgical anesthetic propofol — the drug that was found in lethal doses in his system after his death — as a sleep aid. "It just ... that's serious ... that's heavy ... that's heavy."
In one segment, Jackson walked around her palatial Los Angeles home, filled with photos of her famous family, and showed Roberts the last picture she has of Michael, taken two days before her birthday earlier this year, in which a sad-looking MJ is seated on a couch with his two sons. Janet said the thing she misses the most about the sibling she called "Mike" is his "silliness," recalling how as children they spent all their time together playing and laughing.
Janet recounted the morning of Jackson's death on June 25, recalling how her assistant called her to relay the news that Michael had been taken to the hospital and how she didn't go immediately to the airport in New York because the severity of the situation was not apparent. "I tried calling again, and that's how I found out that he was ... no longer," she said, trailing off. "I just couldn't believe it. It didn't ring true to me. It felt like a dream. ... To this day, it's still so difficult for me to believe. You have to accept what is, but it's hard."
Talking for the first time about her warm embrace of Michael's daughter, Paris, when the 11-year-old gave her tearful goodbye to her father at his public memorial, Janet said she just wanted to scoop up and protect her niece at that moment. "All of them, not just her, Blanket, Prince. ... It's just tragic. It's hard for everybody. I think we've been doing well. I have a very strong family."
In one of the lighter segments, Janet recalled sitting in her pajamas as a young girl and watching her brothers on their early 1970s Saturday-morning cartoon before she became a performer. She gave Michael credit for helping her to hone a signature sassy performance style as a young girl when she debuted on their variety show at age 7. She also referred to domineering father Joseph Jackson as "old school" in response to a question about allegations by some of her brothers that he abused them, saying his overbearing manner "may extrapolate into being a little abusive."
Janet, 43, said she didn't celebrate a birthday until she was 23 because of her family's Jehovah's Witness beliefs and noted that her once-promising acting career, stoked by strong roles on "Good Times" and "Diff'rent Strokes," was derailed because her father insisted she focus on music. She also said that her marriage to singer James DeBarge at age 18 was an attempt to break away from her family. That union ended after just three months due to DeBarge's drug addiction, which was eerily similar to the prescription-medication demons Michael faced, an addiction Janet said she believes her brother was in denial about.
Jackson discussed the many attempts at an intervention with Michael that failed. "That's what you do," she told Roberts in the same interview in which she blamed Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, for the singer's death. "Those are the things that you do when you love someone. You can't just let them continue on that way. And we did a few times. We weren't very successful."
Jackson said she doesn't think Murray, whom she's never met, should be practicing medicine anymore. "So this could happen to another family?" she said. "No."
For the first time, Jackson confirmed that she is no longer dating longtime beau Jermaine Dupri. She also talked about how the effects of being teased about her weight as a child have caused her to be conscious about her weight for her entire adult life. "There are people that regardless of what it is, if it's something that's stressful, whatever it may be, they don't eat, they lose a lot of weight, a divorce, they get real thin," she said laughing. "I'm the opposite." But she credited JD for making her feel "very comfortable" with her body and making her feel that "I'm fine the way I am. There's nothing wrong with me."

No - we are actually 19 November. lol.
Thanks for the news.

LaToya Says She Loves the Global Fan Response to "This Is It"

Click on the link scroll down to see the video:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1626656/20091119/jackson_michael.jhtml

Nov 19 2009 1:20 PM EST
LaToya Jackson Is 'Not Ready' To See Michael's 'This Is It'

'It's a bit too much for me right now,' MJ's sister says, but loves the global fan response.

By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Larry Carroll

While thousands of Michael Jackson fans have flocked to movie theaters to see the limited-run engagement of his "This Is It" concert film, several of his family members, including sisters Janet and LaToya, have yet to see the flick. However, LaToya said she's comforted by the support the family has received in the wake of Michael's death this past summer.

"I didn't see the movie yet," she told MTV News on the red carpet of the Us Weekly "Hot Hollywood" event in Los Angeles on Wednesday night. "I'm not ready to see it just yet. It's a bit too much for me right now."

But she did elaborate on the fan response to the film, which has grossed more than $200 million across the globe.
"Well, you know, it's so interesting that he is so loved by everyone in the world," she said. "You just enjoy the fact that people love him so much just in every country. And the things that you read and hear, it makes you feel good inside to know he was your brother and that people loved him that much."
The outpouring of love, however, comes at a very bittersweet time for the Jackson family, since Michael isn't around to see it all for himself.
"I just wish that he could have been here to see it," she said. "I think it's compounded a bit more now that he's not here.
I know he's watching."

Check out everything we've got on "Michael Jackson's This Is It."

Last edited:
Re: LaToya Says She Loves the Global Fan Response to "This Is It"

I'm Bumping this up, because I think we need to see something
positive. To quote Latoya:
"I KNOW MICHAEL IS WATCHING!!!!":innocent:

Back