Daily News: Monday, January 11, 2010

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Michael Jackson’s Thriller Costume For The “This Is It” Tour

This Is It was a planned series of fifty concerts by Michael Jackson to be held at The O2 arena in London. They were scheduled to begin in July 2009 and continue through March 2010. Less than three weeks before the first concert date, and with all concerts sold out, Jackson died after suffering cardiac arrest. During CES 2010, Sony had a special glass booth that showed off Michael Jackson’s Thriller Costume (designed by Zaldy) for the “This Is It” Tour. It also had a shirt worn by Michael Jackson in rehearsals, courtesy of the Michael Jackson Estate.​

http://www.sonyinsider.com/2010/01/10/michael-jacksons-thriller-costume-for-the-this-is-it-tour/

MISC Mentionings:

Sandhy Sondoro : The newborn world singer

Jakarta Post -
... different kinds of music, ranging from American pop, to folk, jazz and the blues; in particular, he adored The Beatles, Michael Jackson and Neil Young. ...

Hall & Oates to film TV show with Toots and Suzanne Couch

Jamaica Observer - Basil Walters -
"Michael Jackson once said directly to me that he hoped I didn't mind that he copied that groove (from I Can't Go for That). That's okay; it's something we ...

The battle of the amusement parks

Jakarta Post -
Built-in speakers in the headrest allow for a choice of music selection (Michael Jackson, J-Pop, and The Beatles to name a few) as you go off the rails, ...

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1995 - Michael Jackson released a statement saying, "I will no longer stand by and watch reckless members of the media try to destroy my reputation." The statement was a response to unsubstantiated rumors of a video depicting Jackson fooling around with a young boy.

1996 - Michael Jackson's "History: Past, Present & Future Book 1" was certified 6 times Platinum.

1999 - Janet Jackson was named Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist at the 26th annual American Music Awards.

2003 - Michael Jackson visited Maurice Gibb in a Miami hospital. Gibb died the next day.

2004 - Members of Michael Jackson's family scheduled a news conference for the next day to announce their plans for Jackson's arraignment in Santa Maria. The arraignment was scheduled for January 17.

2005 - E! Entertainment Television and British Sky Broadcasting (BSkyB) announced they would join together to present daily recreations of the Michael Jackson child molestation trial.

sheryl-crow-and-michael-jackson.jpg

2003 - Michael Jackson visited Maurice Gibb in a Miami hospital. Gibb died the next day.

R.I.P Maurice...

I love the Bee Gees and I'm glad Mike and the group gets along really well.

It breaks my heart that Michael followed soon after... They were both too young... :(

R.I.P Maurice...

I love the Bee Gees and I'm glad Mike and the group gets along really well.

It breaks my heart that Michael followed soon after... They were both too young... :(

wow...Michael visited him b4 he died...that musta been a blessing...

I wonder who visited Michael when he was unconscious...???:(

L.O.V.E.
Romi

hi :waving: :sun: did you all have great weekend i know i did :D :jump: i hope this is o.k i found some news too ;)

CES: Michael Jackson on Blu-ray

Michael Jackson announces his

CAPTION
By Carl De Souza, AFP/Getty Images

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment announced the January 26 release of Michael Jackson's This Is It on Blu-ray with the kind of flourish you'd expect from associates of the King of Pop. Jackson choreographer Travis Payne performed live at the Sony booth at CES with two of the dancers who were set to tour with the late singer. Sony also ran a "Smooth Criminal" vignette from the disc showing Jackson "interact" with Rita Hayworth, Edward G. Robinson and Humphrey Bogart in classic black and white footage from Gilda and other old-time movies.

This Is It is also the first Sony disc to show off a portable "BD-Live" feature called movieIQ Sync. If you have a Blu-ray player that connects to cyberspace, you can use the feature to find updated filmographies and trivia that's tied to scenes in the movie. You can also display the information on a PC or iPhone (thus freeing up the TV screen, Sony Pictures says), and bookmark songs you hear in the film to create interactive playlists you can post to Facebook or email to friends on via BD-Live.
Sony Pictures says the Blu-ray features 90 minutes of new and never seen before footage. It carries an MSRP of $39.95. A DVD of the movie costs $28.96, and a PlayStation portable version is $24.94.
By Ed Baig

here is link:http://content.usatoday.com/communities/technologylive/post/2010/01/ces-michael-jackson-on-blu-ray/1

Michael Jackson to be honoured with theme park ranch

headline_1263213619.jpg

By Sophie Eager Jan 11, 2010, 12:40 GMT

Michael Jackson's memory will live on in a theme park ranch in his hometown of Gary, Indiana.

The attraction will reportedly include a replica of Jackson's famous Neverland Ranch.

Developers are allegedly planning to include a golf course, museum, 300-room hotel and a performing arts centre in the new ranch, and a Thriller rollercoaster has also been in discussions.

Odie Anderson, an agent in the theme park's operations, said: 'We will begin construction of the facilities this year.

'We have set aside a specific date, tied to a special Jackson event, for the ground-breaking.'
Jackson, who died aged 50 in June last year, always dreamed of having a Disney World-style park.

here is link: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/p...-Jackson-to-be-honoured-with-theme-park-ranch

Micheal Jackson's 'Neverland Ranch To Be Brought Back To Life'

King of pop's legacy will live on through theme park./..

MJTII_DSC9888-(Large)647200.jpg

Michael Jackson’s infamous Neverland ranch is set to be bought back to life, according to reports.

It as it has been claimed that Disney plan to create a theme park in his honour in his native, Gary, Indiana.

The theme park, inspired by Michael's 2,600 acre Neverland ranch in California, will include a golf course, museum, 300 room hotel and a performing arts centre.

It is thought that developers want to cash in on the King of Pop’s legacy. Theme park operations agent, Odie Anderson said: “We will begin construction of the facilities this year.”

A specific opening date has been set aside, which Anderson told the Daily Mirror was “tied to a special Jackson event".

Jackson, 50, was due to start his comeback tour in June when he died in Los Angeles.

here is link:http://www.entertainmentwise.com/ne...ns-Neverland-Ranch-To-Be-Brought-Back-To-Life

Michael Jackson theme park for Indiana? :lol:

160x120_neverland_ranch.jpg
Rex Features

Developers have reportedly decided to build a Michael Jackson-based theme park in Indiana.
According to The Mirror, the attraction will be based in Gary - the late singer's city of birth - and will feature a replica of his Neverland Ranch.
The park will reportedly also boast a golf course, performing arts centre, museum, 300-room hotel and Thriller-themed rollercoaster.
Operations agent Odie Anderson said: "We will begin construction of the facilities this year. We have set aside a specific date, tied to a special Jackson event, for the groundbreaking."
Jackson died in hospital last June at the age of 50 ahead of a series of planned comeback shows at London's O2.
> In Pictures: Michael Jackson's Neverland

here is link:http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/news/a195521/michael-jackson-theme-park-for-indiana.html

MJ to be honoured with new Neverland park

London (ANI): Late King of Pop Michael [COLOR=#9a0003! important][COLOR=#9a0003! important]Jackson[/COLOR][/COLOR]

is set to be honoured with a [COLOR=#9a0003! important][COLOR=#9a0003! important]Disney [COLOR=#9a0003! important]World[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

-style theme park based on his Neverland [COLOR=#9a0003! important][COLOR=#9a0003! important]Ranch[/COLOR][/COLOR]. The park will be created in his native Gary in Indiana, and developers are planning to cash in on Jackson’s legacy by including a [COLOR=#9a0003! important][COLOR=#9a0003! important]golf [COLOR=#9a0003! important]course[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], museum, 300-room [COLOR=#9a0003! important][COLOR=#9a0003! important]hotel[/COLOR][/COLOR] and a performing arts centre.

oneindiain121:http://entertainment.oneindia.in/music/international/2010/michael-neverland-110110.htmlBuzz up!
A Thriller roller coaster is also in the pipeline. “We will begin [COLOR=#9a0003! important][COLOR=#9a0003! important]construction[/COLOR][/COLOR] of the facilities this year,” the Mirror quoted theme park [COLOR=#9a0003! important][COLOR=#9a0003! important]operations[/COLOR][/COLOR] agent Odie Anderson as saying. “We have set aside a specific date, tied to a special Jackson event, for the ground breaking,” Anderson added. The singer’s 2,600-acre Neverland Ranch in California also had two railways and a zoo.

here is link:http://entertainment.oneindia.in/music/international/2010/michael-neverland-110110.html

Jackson tribute

Monday, 11 January 2010 As the first new year without the King of Pop begins, “***** – A Tribute To Michael Jackson” moonwalks into the SYMA Centre on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 January.

B89A0028b.jpg

The tour features an American cast led by Jackson’s own former choreographer Mic Thompson, who oversees the dance routines that were always as much a part of the megastar’s legend as the songs, and ***** impersonator Tej’ai Sullivan, who has been in this game for two decades.

The one and a half hour show touches on every era of Jackson’s career, from his days as a child star with the Jackson 5, through the artistic and commercial peaks of Off The Wall and Thriller, to later tracks from Bad and Invincible. Songs-wise fans can expect to hear “ABC”, “Beat It” “Billie Jean”, “Man In The Mirror”, “Bad”, “Black Or White” as well as other singles and selected album tracks. The organisers promise a multi-media experience with powerful lighting, great costumes and first class musicianship worthy of one of the great performers of our time, who it seems is not going to be forgotten in a hurry.

The ticket

“***** – A Tribute To Michael Jackson” takes place from 8 pm on Saturday 16 January and Sunday 17 January at the SYMA Centre, 1 Dózsa György út, District XIV. Tel: (06-1) 460-1100. Tickets are HUF 3,600-19,900 and available from

here is link:http://www.budapesttimes.hu/content/view/13719/222/

I found some news too. E! News is reporting that the death certificate is now being amended to include intravenous injection by another. The cause of death now reads homicide, acute propofol intoxication and intravenous injection by another.

MJ Attorney -- Now Ya See $20 Mil, Now Ya Don't

Posted Jan 11th 2010 5:50PM by TMZ Staff
0111_mj_extrajet_bn_tmz_01.jpg
In a stunning reversal of fortune, a California appeals court has overturned a massive judgment against the jet company that secretly videotaped Michael Jackson and his lawyer, Mark Geragos, as they were flying to Santa Barbara in 2003 when Jackson turned himself in to cops.

Geragos had sued the now-defunct XtraJet and the owner of the company, and the famed lawyer won a whopping $20 million judgment.

But the appeals court ruled the judgment was excessive and is now giving Geragos two choices -- either take $750,000 or retry the case.

We're told Geragos is leaning "heavily" toward retrying the case.

The former owner of XtraJet, Jeff Borer, tells TMZ, "Hopefully the courts will come to their senses and see there is no real harm done. Shame on Mark Geragos for trying to take advantage of a nothing situation."

P.S. Borer pled guilty to conspiracy in connection with the taping. Not so "nothing."

MJ Attorney -- Now Ya See $20 Mil, Now Ya Don't

Posted Jan 11th 2010 5:50PM by TMZ Staff
0111_mj_extrajet_bn_tmz_01.jpg
In a stunning reversal of fortune, a California appeals court has overturned a massive judgment against the jet company that secretly videotaped Michael Jackson and his lawyer, Mark Geragos, as they were flying to Santa Barbara in 2003 when Jackson turned himself in to cops.

Geragos had sued the now-defunct XtraJet and the owner of the company, and the famed lawyer won a whopping $20 million judgment.

But the appeals court ruled the judgment was excessive and is now giving Geragos two choices -- either take $750,000 or retry the case.

We're told Geragos is leaning "heavily" toward retrying the case.

The former owner of XtraJet, Jeff Borer, tells TMZ, "Hopefully the courts will come to their senses and see there is no real harm done. Shame on Mark Geragos for trying to take advantage of a nothing situation."

P.S. Borer pled guilty to conspiracy in connection with the taping. Not so "nothing."

why didn't michael sue them? He is the real victim.

Back