Daily News - Monday, Jan 25, 2010

MsSnoop

Proud Member
'We Are The World' remake to benefit Haiti recovery

Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie are assembling an all-star lineup of musicians to re-record We Are The World in an effort to raise money for Haiti, according to the Celebrity News Service.

The 1985 song was written by Richie and Michael Jackson. Featuring the voices of Diana Ross, Cyndi Lauper, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder and more, the tune raised tens of millions of dollars for Africa.

The new plan is to convene a similar panel of today's hit-makers right after next Sunday night's Grammy Awards at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles.

"This time the artists invited include Usher, Natalie Cole, and John Legend. But you can bet that more names will be added shortly and that all the Grammy nominees and participants will be asked to come as well," says the Hollywood Reporter's Showbiz 411 blog. "Grammy producer Ken Ehrlich will produce the event, which will then be turned into a video and single just like it was in 1985. Don’t be surprised if Wyclef Jean joins in, along with Sting, Fergie, Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake and other distinctive voices."

It seems there were already plans in place to remake We Are The World this year to celebrate its 25th anniversary, but plans were moved up after the Haiti earthquake. It's also believed that Jackson's voice will be added to the new single as well.

The question I have, and I know it's shared my other '80s fans: With all that talent, why not come up with a new song? Why remake our classic?

Posted by Steve Spears

http://blogs.tampabay.com/80s/2010/01/we-are-the-world-remake-to-benefit-haiti-recovery.html

Goings On About Town - Night Life - New York City

BROOKLYN BOWL
61 Wythe Ave., Williamsburg (718-963-3369)—Jan. 29: Tribute bands come in all shapes and styles, but what unites many of them is the use of gimmicks and punny band names—Zombeatles (a zombie parody group), Dread Zeppelin (a reggae-inspired act), and AC/DShe (an all-female band)—come to mind. The bands in the “Rocks Off Tribute Wars XXXII” show are no exception. It features Dangerous: All-Metal Tribute to Michael Jackson, for those who like to headbang as they moonwalk,Judas Priestess, an all-girl metal band, and another all-girl act, Cheap Trick or Treat.

**************************************​

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1975 - Michael Jackson performed "We're Almost There" on "American Bandstand."

1988 - Janet Jackson won the Favotie Video, Pop/Rock/Soul/R&B at the 15th annual American Music Awards.

1996 - Michael Jackson was named Hype Of The Year in "Rolling Stone's" Critics Poll

2002 - Michael Jackson's album "Invincible" was certified double platinum by the RIAA.

******************************​

Michael Jackson's Moonwalk on ice skates!!

Here's How:

1. Before attempting to Moonwalk on ice skates, first practice walking or skating backward on figure skates.
  2. Now place one skate's toepick slightly behind the heel of the other skate. Lift up the heel.
  3. Use the toepick to help pull and glide the other blade backward.
  4. Repeat on the other foot.
  5. Alternate this Moonwalk on ice movement over and over.
  6. You are now doing Michael Jackson's Moonwalk on ice skates!

The question I have, and I know it's shared my other '80s fans: With all that talent, why not come up with a new song? Why remake our classic?

To involve Michael Jackson's name in this, maybe?
That is a name selling a lot these days :ermm:

anyway, I hope they do something great, and that they get a lot of money for people in need.

Florent Amodio (born May 12, 1990) is a French figure skater.
He is the 2010 French national champion and 2008 Junior Grand Prix Final Champion.

Amodio was born in Fortaleza, Ceará, Brazil and adopted as a child by a French couple.
He holds French and Brazilian citizenship.

In addition to his artistic career, Amodio is studying for a diploma in coaching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-pS_eILNQw&feature=player_embedded

Beatiful

Florent Amodio (born May 12, 1990) is a French figure skater.
He is the 2010 French national champion and 2008 Junior Grand Prix Final Champion.

Amodio was born in Fortaleza, Ceará, Brazil and adopted as a child by a French couple.
He holds French and Brazilian citizenship.

In addition to his artistic career, Amodio is studying for a diploma in coaching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-pS_eILNQw&feature=player_embedded

Beatiful
thanks for posting, this is just "fantastique". Bravo, Monsieur Amodio! In real a grand tribute to Michael! But I had to tear up again. Will this NEVER stop!:angel:

http://www.youtube.com/v/Q-pS_eILNQw&hl=de_DE&fs=1&

Moonwalk on iceskates is much easier! I think even I could do it :lol:

MJ Estate to Joe Jackson: Buzz Off!
Joe Jackson has been trying to position himself for a cut of Michael Jackson's estate ever since his son passed away in June ... and probably long before that.
Well, the executors of Jackson's estate, John McClain and John Branca, does not want to pay Joe the an allowance he feels he deserves. The reason is simple:
Because Michael Jackson would not want to pay him a dime.
After all, the late King of Pop not want his dad to be a beneficiary under his will, and Joe wants to use money for "lavish expenses" rather than maintenance.
Just the same, he's relentlessly battling the estate.

Joe Jackson is seeking $15,000 a month from his late son.​
According to legal documents, Jackson's estate says Joe was never legally dependent on Michael Jackson while he was alive and that shouldn't change now.
So-called "maintenance expenses" Joe wants include vacations, air travel, hotels, assistants and legal fees, the executors say. Mmmyeah, not gonna happen.
Joe Jackson says a desired allowance includes cash to "support his children or grandchildren," but Katherine Jackson already does so - at $60,000/month.
Translation: As far as the estate is concerned, Joe can pound sand.

here is link:http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2010/01/mj-estate-to-joe-jackson-buzz-off/

Best bets: Grammys to honor Michael Jackson

Our picks for this week's top TV, movies, DVDs, CDs and more

ss-decade-curtaincalls-2009-michael-jackson.h2.jpg
Kevin Mazur / Aeg Handout / EPA
The Grammy Awards will honor Michael Jackson, seen here rehearsing for the London concert series he never got to perform.

var hasRelatedPhotos = 'false';if (hasRelatedPhotos=='true'){var vRPL = document.getElementById("viewRelatedPhotosLink");if (vRPL!=undefined) vRPL.style.display = "";var vLRPG = document.getElementById("linkRelatedPhotos");var vLIRPG = document.getElementById("linkImgRelatedPhotos");if (vLRPG) {if(vLIRPG) vLIRPG.href=vLRPG.href;}}

getCSS("3053751")

TV
Of course the Grammy Awards can't go by without honoring Michael Jackson, who died suddenly in June. To honor the late singer, the awards show will broadcast a 3-D clip the singer made for "Earth Song," while performers including Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson, and Carrie Underwood sing alongside the clip. You'll need the special glasses, available free at Target. (Grammys air Jan. 31, 8 p.m., CBS.)

here is link:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33495997/ns/entertainment/

Andre 'working with Jackson choreographer'

Peter Andre has revealed that he is working with Michael Jackon's former choreographer in rehearsals for his upcoming tour.
The 'Behind Closed Doors' singer, who kicks off the jaunt in Clacton on February 19, announced that he will perform a tribute to the late King of Pop.
"Rehearsals have started for my tour which starts next month. I don't want to give too much away, but there will be a section of my show dedicated to Michael Jackson," he told Ireland Online.
"I'm working with a choreographer who did some of the late singer's videos, and Britney Spears's last tour, so I'm in capable hands. Now I just need to build up my stamina."
Former X Factor contestant Laura White was recently confirmed as the support act on Andre's tour.

here is link:http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a199067/andre-working-with-jackson-choreographer.html

Thriller - Live to Add Six Additional Michael Jackson Songs to West End Show

24428a.jpg

Thriller - Live will celebrate its first anniversary in the West End at the Lyric Theatre with the addition of six Michael Jackson songs to the production, according to a report on the website for the U.K. Magazine The Stage. In addition, the show's opening will be revised and extra choreography will be added. The revised show will debut on February 11.

The revue of songs made famous by the late Michael Jackson has been conceived and created by Adrian Grant. The show, directed by Gary Lloyd, includes such hit songs as "I Want You Back", "I'll Be There", "Earth Song", "Blame It on the Boogie", "Billie Jean", "Beat It" and "Thriller." The names of the new songs have not yet been released.
In addition to the production in the West End, there are ones planned for 2010 in Australia, Asia, North and South America and Canada. For further information, visit: www.thrillerlive.com.

here is link:http://www.theatermania.com/london/...-add-six-additional-michael-jackso_24428.html

Medium to call to King of Pop Michael Jackson Monday On Leading From Within Talk Radio Show

Listeners Can Call in While Intuitive Leader Reaches out to Michael Jackson

DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Michael Jackson will be summoned “from the other side” on Leading from Within when Greg Giesen and Steve Sorensen host Karen Storsteen, who will connect with King of Pop Michael Jackson on Monday, January 25, 2010 at noon MST.
Michael Jackson isn’t the only person from beyond who will be contacted. Radio listeners can call in for free intuitive readings after Storsteen reaches out to the King of Pop.
Leading from Within is a weekly talk radio show on Castle Rock Radio featuring powerful messages from inspirational authors, speakers, and business leaders. They showcase success stories from ordinary people who've become extraordinary. In short, their show will provide a template to help you become the person you were meant to be.
Listeners can tune in through their computer to: www.castlerockradio.com. To ask Storsteen, Giesen or Sorensen questions during the show, call: 888-321-7234.
Michael Jackson is recognized as one of the greatest entertainers of all time for his body of work which includes Off The Wall and Thriller.
This show will be available in the future through an archived podcast on www.leadingfromwithin.net.
Storsteen has worked in the field of human development for 23 years and takes a transpersonal approach that integrates spiritual practices with psychological methods.

here is link:http://www.businesswire.com/portal/...d=news_view&newsId=20100125005644&newsLang=en

Michael Jackson’s 3-D Tribute At Grammy’s: Press Release & Where To Get Your 3-D Glasses

Michael-Jackson-This-Is-It-ES.jpg

As you already know, we released information regarding Michael Jackson’s 3-D tribute that will be premiered at this years 52nd Annual Grammy Awards which will air on Sunday January 31. But how will you see the 3-D performance? In this article, we will tell you how…
When Michael Jackson embarked on his ‘This Is It’ tour, he wanted audiences to leave the show with something to think about, something he wanted them to remember, something extraordinary, and when his passing came in June last year, it was a shame that Michael would never be able to show us his vision.
One of the many projects that he wanted to show the audiences, who would have flocked in there millions to see, is a special mini-movie for his number one hit ‘Earth Song,’ which has been recorded in the latest popular technology to date, 3-D. Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson, Carrie Underwood and Usher will also join in with this special performance.
But how do I get to see this 3-D experience you ask? CBS and Target have partnered to provide millions of FREE 3-D Grammy Glasses from Sunday, January 24 to Sunday January 31. This will be the first time a major awards show has broadcasted In 3-D, as they were also the first major award show to broadcast in HD and 5.1 digital surround in 2003. You can also see the performance at the STAPLES Center.
The full press release can be read here.
Source: Sony Music
CLICK HERE to keep updated with the latest entertainment news or Follow us on Twitter.

here is link:http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20...-press-release-where-to-get-your-3-d-glasses/

Jackson Creditor's Claim -- Mad Libs Style

by TMZ Staff

Creditor's claims against Michael Jackson's Estate are like a game of Mad Libs. Here is today's version:

The Jackson estate was sued on January 22 by someone named Craig A. Johnson. He claims he was never paid for the engineering and research work he did.

Johnson is suing for $374,403.24.

Now here's the fun part -- Johnson submitted 345 separate charges for "chart compilations." He doesn't explain what those are, but each hit is anywhere between $865 and $1,950.

ROCKSTAR - you love copying the texts and old news..., right...?

:D I keep noticing the same thing too and I've made her aware of it but she does'nt seem to wanna stop.

I asked the same thing when I heard about this.

DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Michael Jackson will be summoned “from the other side” on Leading from Within when Greg Giesen and Steve Sorensen host Karen Storsteen, who will connect with King of Pop Michael Jackson on Monday, January 25, 2010 at noon MST.

Why do people keep doing this? and if Michael did'nt care to speak to people at times in the media when he was here, why would he start now?

CHICAGO BLOCKBUSTER TO HOST MIDNIGHT DVD RELEASE PARTY FOR MICHAEL JACKSON’S “THIS IS IT”
25th January 2010
The final memories of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, will descend on the BLOCKBUSTER location at 7300 N. Western, Chicago on Monday, Jan. 25 as the store hosts a midnight DVD release party for “This Is It.” A compilation of interviews, rehearsals and backstage footage of Michael Jackson as he prepared for his series of sold-out shows in London is the final performance of an iconic figure.
Activities at the event include:
• Julian from the B96 Morning Show from 7-9 pm
• The B96 Street Team with Michael Jackson music and collectible giveaways from 7 pm – midnight.
• Rico, World Famous MJ Impersonator, with performances at 10 pm and 11 pm
• The opportunity for Michael Jackson fans to be among the first to rent or purchase the movie on DVD or Blu-ray, plus get two free movie rentals while supplies last (at midnight at this location only!)
• Enter to win a Blu-ray player and a copy of This Is It!
• Costume contest – win a year of free rentals!
• Special movie preview: watch “This is It” at 10 pm
• Free snacks while supplies last
WHEN: Monday 25th January 2010
• 7 pm: Event begins
• Midnight: “This Is It” DVD and Blu-ray available for rent or purchase while supplies last.
WHERE: BLOCKBUSTER, 7300 N. Western, Chicago
HOW: Admission is free and open to the public.
OFFERING: “This is It” will be available for purchase or rent while supplies last at participating BLOCKBUSTER stores and online at http://www.facebook.com/l/ff9cf;www.blockbuster.com on the movie’s nationwide release date of Tuesday, Jan. 26. Fans can reserve their standard DVD or Blu-ray copy in advance by putting $5 down at any participating store.
Source: Blockbuster
--------------------------------------
NEW SECUIRTY AT 2300 JACKSON STREET

The small frame house on 2300 Jackson Street in Gary, IN that was the childhood home of Michael Jackson has taken on a different look within the last month. The home, which was once accessible to the public, has now been fenced and the windows shuddered. The home was getting so many visitors, the caretakers have decided to limit walk-up traffic to preserve the integrity of the structure.
Source: MJ Addicts
---------------------------------------------
PETER ANDRE COVERS MJ SONG FOR NEW ALBUM

Peter Andre has recorded a version of Michael Jackson's 'She's Out Of My Life' for his new album.
The song - a top three hit for Jackson in 1980 - is one of five classic ballads Andre has covered for Unconditional Love Songs, due for release on Rhino on February 1.
The remainder of the 16-track compilation comprises the singer's favorite romantic tracks from his previous LPs, including the hit singles 'Lonely' and 'The Right Way'.
"I have always wanted to cover an MJ song and this particular song is so simply done and says so much about the artist," Andre said in a press release. "It's lyrically beautiful and is so thought-provoking."
Andre's last studio album Revelation debuted and peaked at number three on the UK albums chart in September. It has since been certified platinum.
Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/ff9cf;Digitalspy.com
--------------------------------------------
MICHAEL JACKSON’S ‘THRILLER’ SHOWSTOPPER IN ‘THIS IS IT’

Michael Jackson's 'This Is It' concert was designed to thrill in every sense imaginable, from the costumes and set design to the lighting, special effects and, of course, the Grammy-winning music. Coming to DVD and Blu-ray January 26, ET has a look behind the scenes of 'This Is It' with the late King of Pop -- and the 3D "Thriller" spectacular planned for the London concerts! Speaking about the plans, Kenny Ortega said:
“Michael was a big fan of 3D and of classic horror films, and in appreciation of that, he thought it would be fun to do a 3D 'Thriller'. 18,000 people a night were going to put on their 3D glasses and have a three-dimensional 'Thriller' experience."
"He was in charge, like an old-fashioned entertainer," continues Ortega.
"Technology didn't run the show, Michael ran the show, and when he stopped, you watched and you held your breath, and that's what made Michael Jackson Michael Jackson on stage, and why he was different than anyone else that you went to see in concert."
Click on the link below to watch a video clip:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/ff9cf;www...tclip_100120&title=This+Is+It+Clip+01/20/2010
Source: ET

keep up being mean at me

i'll block both of you that needs to stop :D :mat:

Its not about being mean, but you keep reposting the same info over and over again. Does that really make any sense to you?

woah kinda scary how much i'm begining to look like Joseph...

thanks everyone for the news.
they should have made a new song.... i can't imagine We are the World without Mike's voice...

:no: i'm not peposting the some info i'm don'y stupid

i make sure i cleck before i post :yes:

Girl, I'm not trying to be mean but I've been noticing that for quite a while too...

and well, honestly, it's kinda pointless to re-post the same things over and over again.

But thanks for sharing the info...

I have an idea. Rockstar, before you post news why not check old and new news threads to make sure you are not posting old news?

Back