Daily News - July 8, 2009

MsSnoop

Proud Member
What an amazing memorial yesterday! - I was at work and we stared at my computer screen for the whole 2.5 hrs... the phone didn't ring, no emails were received...it was like the whole world was in a Jackson inspired trance.

:angel:Thank you Michael - you are loved! :angel:​

********************************************​

Michael Jackson's eldest daughter touched the hearts of millions when she bid a tearful farewell to her father at his memorial service Tuesday in a rare public appearance.​

With her brief speech, 11-year-old Paris Jackson also shocked the event's organizers, who said her appearance was not a planned part of the star-studded tribute to the King of Pop at Los Angeles' Staples Center on Tuesday.

"Ever since I was born, daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine," she said, fighting back tears as relatives consoled her.
"And I just want to say that I love him so much," she said as she burst into tears and sought refuge in the embrace of family members....

...Ortega said planners left the end of the show open for the family to speak if they wished to, but he was surprised when the Jackson clan -- among them, his siblings and children -- went onstage for the two last songs, "We are the World" and "Heal the World."

Marlon Jackson told the crowd that his sister, pop star Janet Jackson, wished to say some words. Instead, Janet appeared to encourage Paris to come forward from the sea of black dresses and suits and take the microphone, adjusting the microphone and stroking her hair as she delivered her words.

Ortega said he was "touched" but entirely surprised by Paris' speech.​

"Michael was so close with these beautiful children," he said.
"Little Paris was his biggest fan. ... A little girl couldn't love her papa more."​
(CNN)

*************************​

Michael Jackson's generous legacy

Los Angeles Times -
Michael Jackson left a philanthropic legacy almost as large as his cultural one. In all the financial and personal turmoil that characterized ...

Album of New Mixes of Early Michael Jackson and Jackson 5 Classics ...

PR Newswire
The track was issued as a prelude to Michael Jackson: The Stripped Mixes (Motown/UMe), an album of new mixes showcasing a vocal talent that was superlative ...

Motown museum sees throngs since Jackson's death

BusinessWeek -
The throngs coming to the Motown Historical Museum have viewed photos and records of Michael Jackson. But since the day after his death June 25, ...

Jackson legacy endures through a younger generation

News Virginian - Michael Jackson last topped the charts six years before Sam Pereles was born, but for the Waynesboro boy, the thrill of the King of Pop's ...
34232137.jpg

Michael Jackson's Legacy: The Dance Moves

Today's TMJ4 -
Each is practicing their best Michael Jackson moves, swaying, stepping, even clawing at the air to the music of Thriller. Ask Sam Wood what Jackson's dance ...

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1995 - Michael Jackson's "HIStory: Past, Present And Future Book 1" hit #1 in the U.S.

doves-flying-to-light.gif

Thanks.

I was dreading the papers this morning because of the things they would have made out of the kids going on stage and stuff.
They weren't too bad though.

Anyone who didn't feel something during paris' speech is just heartless < that's what one of them said.

x

What an amazing memorial yesterday! - I was at work and we stared at my computer screen for the whole 2.5 hrs... the phone didn't ring, no emails were received...it was like the whole world was in a Jackson inspired trance.

:angel:Thank you Michael - you are loved! :angel:​

I'm glad you were able to see it in peace, even though you had to work.
In my mom's own word: "The most beautiful thing I have ever seen on television."

Back