Daily News-Feb 2,2010

rockstar

Proud Member
i just through i post some news cause i didn't see it today so i just through i startin out for my friend Dorothy_Marie :D o.k :heart:

Picture of today is:

Michael Jackson New News

An all-star 'We Are the World' remake for Haiti relief

Twenty-five years after the all-star recording of "We Are the World" became a signature moment in celebrity altruism and pop-music history, a new collective of stars came together Monday at the same Hollywood recording studio to record a new version for Haiti earthquake relief.
Just as Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan descended on the A&M Studios on La Brea to sing for famine relief in Africa, Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Kanye West and Keith Urban turned up at the same soundstage (now called Henson Recording Studios) to join an all-star chorus that was 100 voices strong.
The 1985 effort, called USA for Africa, raised $63 million and became a template for famous-face fundraising. The new single will premiere Feb. 12 on NBC during the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics with the hope that the download single can help funnel aid into the ravaged island nation.
The anniversary project had been quietly planned for months and was scheduled for the day after the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards to maximize celebrity availability. The plan veered sharply, though, after the Jan. 12 temblor in Haiti: Instead of more relief for Africa, the organizers switched gears and turned their cause to the Caribbean.
The scene on Monday, like the original session, was a fascinating mix of star confluence.

Where else would 83-year-old Tony Bennett sing in unison with 15-year-old Justin Bieber? Emphasizing the cross-generational representation, the choir featured two Beach Boys (Brian Wilson and Al Jardine) and three Jonas Brothers (Nick, Joe and Kevin).
Some newly minted stars, such as Zac Brown, whose band won the best new artist Grammy on Sunday, seemed a bit wide-eyed to be milling in the sweltering recording room with the likes of Carlos Santana, who recorded a searing guitar solo for the single early in the six-hour session.
"It's like standing in the classic records section at the Turtles music store looking at all the covers," Brown said. "It's ridiculous and it's wonderful and for a good cause."
Other performers included Pink, Jeff Bridges, Vince Vaughn, Usher, Akon, T-Pain, Lil Wayne, Toni Braxton, Snoop Dogg and Josh Groban.
Throughout the afternoon and early evening, a collection of music-industry elite mingled in a brick-lined courtyard watching the work at the microphone inside. It wasn't all glamour -- Gladys Knight, unaware that she was on camera, was filmed applying makeup during one break. While everyone else took a break for dinner, Streisand stayed behind to work on her solo, struggling to find the right tone and phrasing.
It became a bit monotonous hearing the diva run through the same 21-word section more than two dozen times. But she didn't seem to mind: "I didn't come all this way just to do one," she said after one take.
The original recording session on Jan. 28, 1985, featured 46 pop and rock stars, including Diana Ross, Billy Joel, Ray Charles, Tina Turner, Stevie Wonder and Willie Nelson. The song "We Are the World" was written by Jackson and Lionel Richie, and the single was produced by Quincy Jones, who also helped put together Monday's anniversary session.
After Streisand's solo time, the whole choir reconvened. Under the direction of Paul Haggis, the filmmaker best known for "Crash," the most star-packed cast on the planet made a music video while facing a swooping camera. At front and center was Wyclef Jean, a former member of the Fugees and a defining presence in the public life of his native Haiti, especially in recent weeks.
"We're doing this for the cameras," Haggis told his charges.
In the rear, Vaughn and Harry Connick Jr., both known as charismatic wiseguys, seemed to be enjoying a chuckle. In the center of the group, Streisand stood arm in arm with Black Eyed Peas singer will.i.am, and just an arm's reach from Dion, the closest thing in sight to an inheritor of her genre throne.
There was a ripple of curiosity in a media tent set up in an adjacent compound when two people dressed in lime-colored masks and body socks joined the singalong. Clearly, the extras were green-screen place holders, digital "blank spots" for people who would be added later by a visual effects team. Would it be the late Michael Jackson? An absent Bono or Janet Jackson?
Apparently not. The word at the event was that the green people were keeping a spot for Santana, who had to leave before the evening video shoot, and 67-year-old Wilson, who was having trouble standing throughout the marathon session.
Groban, stepping out from the studio for a break, said he was a bit bewildered by the crazy-quilt crowd, genre-wise.
"I'm standing there between Tony Bennett and Bizzy," he said, referring to the jazz icon and the member of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. "That's not ever really going to happen again."
Groban said the small talk between takes was especially riveting. "Everyone is talking about what they're working on next. It's fascinating," he said, just as Dion and her husband-manager, Rene Angelil, walked by with a wave.
Some stars weren't eager to talk to reporters. West, the hip-hop firebrand, smiled and said, "It's a good cause," and left it at that.
Jean, on the other hand, spoke to all who would listen. He talked emotionally about his own journey, as a young Haitian immigrant working at Burger King and falling in love with the music of Richie. "I'm like a kid in a candy shop," he said of the gallery of music heroes.
Jean had one overriding response to the night: "I just want to thank everyone. Haiti thanks you. The world thanks you."

here is link:http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mus...we-are-the-world-remake-for-haiti-relief.html

Michael Jackson is Remembered in 'We are the World' Remake

ET was under the big top of the media tent at the re-recording of "We Are the World." Several members of the ensemble cast spoke about the historical impact of the song and advocated the importance of contributing to the recovery in Haiti.
The "coincidence" of the song's 25th Anniversary and the tragedy in Haiti coinciding made for an appropriate time to re-record the famous tune, relayed Quincy Jones. Not only is the sound getting revamped, "We Are the World" is entering a world of technological advancements. It is being recorded in 3D and, using green screen technology, Lionel Richie reveals that "you can put yourself in the 'We Are the World' family."
Quincy is saving perhaps the most touching moment for last. At the request of Katherine Jackson, Maya Angelou penned a poem to be read at the end of the song. Quincy is going to speak to Michael's children about reading that narration.
Whether artists were grown, toddlers, or not even yet born when the original recording of "We Are the World" was released 25 years ago, the response was resounding all around as to its familiarity. Young'un Jordin Sparks said, "The song has had a huge impact on me and I've always loved Michael's love for the world and for the earth and for other people and to help and give back."
This latest version of the legendary song has a new "swag," promises Jordin. Producer Lionel said, "It's the new generation doing it." There are no repeat performers. No one from the original recording will be heard on the new track.
Feeling a "responsibility" to help the Haitain people in need, Celine Dion says with poise, "When something terrible happens, it's not time to cry. It's time to act and react, so tonight, we're joining each other."
Wyclef Jean, who emigrated from Haiti to the U.S. as a child, represents and sympathizes with "the heart of the Haitian people." When he walked into the studio, he admitted he felt "like a kid in the candy store" because of all the top artists that turned out.
Jordin also commented, "It's kind of like when you go to an awards show and everybody's there...except this time they're not posing for pictures and they're not doing interviews. They're just there for the music."

here is link:http://www.etonline.com/news/2010/02/83593/

Michael Jackson death investigation – one more “big meeting”

There seems to have no end of the series of meetings held which are pushing Dr. Conrad Murray one step closer to the final judgment in the death case of Michael Jackson. Here goes one more “big meeting” on 29th January 2010 Friday that takes Dr. Murray few inches closer to be accused of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson’s death.
TMZ reports that another meeting was held on 29th January 2010 at the L.A. County District Attorney’s Office. Steve Cooley, the D.A. was one of the attendees of the meeting. David Walgren is the deputy D.A. appointed in the case.
Reports say that David Walgren has been keeping track of the LAPD’s investigative notes. It would help the D.A. to charge Dr. Murray easily even if the detectives don’t present the case formally.
From the reports, it is evident that the D.A is all set to charge Dr. Conrad Murray and his case might be filed within this week.
Let’s hope for the best judgment and that too as early as possible without running into yet another top level meeting!

here is link:http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz....estigation-one-more-big-meeting-2010020234036

Promoter threatens to sue Tito Jackson

160x120_titojackson.jpg

Tito Jackson has been threatened with a lawsuit for failing to show up to a Michael Jackson tribute concert in Michigan last year, according to TMZ.
Promoter Roy Isaac has threatened legal action against Jackson if he does not return a $7,500 deposit Isaac paid for him to perform.
The event deteriorated, in part, when the former Jackson 5 star refused to do any press for the show, claimed Isaac.
The promoter has issued a letter to Jackson stating that the singer has 30 days to repay the fee or face legal action.
A representative for Jackson says the singer never received the money.

here is link:http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/news/a200820/promoter-threatens-to-sue-tito-jackson.html

Last edited:
UpDates :D

Jackson family furious over Grammy's Michael tribute snub

FAMILY SNUBBED FOR TRIBUTE TO MICHAEL
blanket-jackson-paris-jackson-lionel-richie-and-prince-jackson-pic-wireimage-549906275.jpg

After the tears and tributes come the tantrums - with an astonishing Grammys bust-up over Michael Jackson.
The late King of Pop was honoured in a star-studded celebration at Sunday's music awards in LA - but the Jackson brothers claim the glitzy event left the family out in the cold.
An angry note fired off by Randy on Twitter said: "So proud, my brother being honoured tonight with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
"My family would love to be there but, truth is, we weren't invited.
"Do you want more truth? Let me be clear. When I said 'My family' I meant my brothers, sisters and parents." Ouch!
Michael's eldest children - Paris, 11, and Prince Michael, 12 - were there to pay tribute to their late dad.
And soul legend Smokey Robinson, Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood and Usher all performed Earth Song.
The stirring celebration brought an army of A-listers, including Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady GaGa and Justin Bieber, to their feet at the Staples Center. Yet many of those people closest to Michael - sisters Janet and La Toya, brothers Marlon, Tito, Jackie, Randy, Jermaine, mum Katherine and dad Joe - had to watch it all from their own living rooms.
Our source says: "Randy was incandescent. He believed the Grammys only thought of including Michael's children at the 11th hour as dad Joe Jackson complained there was no family representation.
"The brothers were hoping to attend and wear their silver gloves and matching suits to honour their brother.

"They feel insulted and hurt that they have been snubbed in this way. Michael would've wanted them there.
"The Jackson 5 was where the magic began. They're a huge part of his story and felt they had been horribly overlooked."
It was quite some tribute the family missed. Hankies were out as *****'s pal Lionel Richie introduced Paris and Prince Michael to the auditorium.
The siblings, wearing black suits with red armbands, accepted *****'s Lifetime Achievement Award. Prince said: "We are proud to be here to accept this award on behalf of our father, Michael Jackson.
"First of all we'd like to thank God for watching over us for the past seven months, and our grandma and grandpa for their love and support.
"We would also like to thank the fans. Our father loved you so much because you were always there for him.
"Our father was always concerned about the planet and humanity. Through his hard work and dedication he has helped many charities and donated to all of them.
"Through all of his songs his message was simple: love.
"We will continue to spread his message. Thank you. We love you daddy."
Paris added: "Daddy was supposed to be here. Daddy was going to perform this year... Thank you, we love you daddy."
Stirring words, but the family are still fuming over the snub. To rub it in, the Grammys was held at the same venue where *****'s memorial service took place last July.

here is link:http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...rammy-s-michael-tribute-snub-115875-22012322/

Update:Stars gather for 'We Are the World' recording

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Dozens of recording stars converged on a Hollywood studio on Monday evening to add their voices to a song they hope will raise millions of dollars for Haitian earthquake relief.
The lyrics and music are an updated version of "We Are the World," a song that raised at least $30 millions for African humanitarian programs 25 years ago.
Music legends -- including crooner Tony Bennett and Barbra Streisand -- stood with newcomers -- including 15-year-old Justin Bieber and country artist Zac Brown -- in the crowded studio Monday night.
Lionel Richie and the original producer, Quincy Jones, gathered "a diverse group of contemporary superstar artists" at the same studio used for the 1985 recording session," organizers said in a news release. Richie co-wrote the first song with Michael Jackson.
The production team includes producer-musician Wyclef Jean, producer RedOne and producer-musical director Ricky Minor, the statement said.
The world premiere of the new "We Are the World" will take place during the NBC network's coverage of the Winter Olympics opening ceremony in Vancouver, Canada, on February 12, it said.
var currExpandable = "expand1"; var currExpandableHeight = 360;
bttn_close.gif

grammy.redone.intv.cnn.320x180.jpg

grammy.redone.intv.cnn.320x180.jpg
Video: 'We are the World' update var mediaObj = new Object(); mediaObj.type = 'video'; mediaObj.contentId = ''; mediaObj.source = '/video/showbiz/2010/02/01/grammy.redone.intv.cnn'; mediaObj.source = mediaObj.source.replace('/video/','');
mediaObj.lgImage = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('src'); mediaObj.lgImageX = 640; mediaObj.lgImageY = currExpandableHeight; mediaObj.origImageX = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('width'); mediaObj.origImageY = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('height'); mediaObj.contentType = 'Video'; CNN.expElements.expand1Store = mediaObj;
var cnnRelatedTopicKeys = []; RELATED TOPICS
  • cnnRelatedTopicKeys.push('Music'); Music
  • cnnRelatedTopicKeys.push('Quincy_Jones'); Quincy Jones
  • cnnRelatedTopicKeys.push('Michael_Jackson'); Michael Jackson
  • cnnRelatedTopicKeys.push('Lionel_Richie'); Lionel Richie
  • cnnRelatedTopicKeys.push('Haiti'); Haiti

Paparazzi and security surrounded Henson Studios, just off Hollywood's Sunset Boulevard, as limousines delivered the stars Monday for what was expected to be a marathon overnight recording session.
Smokey Robinson, who sang on the original, said the roster of 100 singers asked to take part does not include any of the 45 stars from the previous version.
Legendary crooner Tony Bennett and Beach Boy original Brian Wilson were among those seen entering the studio Monday evening.
Many of the stars were already in Los Angeles to attend Sunday's Grammy Awards show.
The original 1985 roster of artists was packed with such superstars that Jones placed a sign above the studio door that read: "Check your egos at the door."
The roster of artists made public by organizers includes: Carlos Santana, Orianthi, Jennifer Hudson, Jamie Foxx, Sugarland, Adam Levine, Jason Mraz, Earth Wind & Fire, Natalie Cole, The Jonas Brothers, T-Pain, Brian Wilson, Justin Bieber, Nicole Scherzinger, India.Arie, Julianne Hough, Mary Mary, Melanie Fiona, BeBe Winans, Mya, Tyrese Gibson, Anthony Hamilton, Raphael Saadiq, Gladys Knight, Keri Hilson, Joel and Benji Madden, Heart, Brandy, Pink, Musiq Soulchild, Miley Cyrus, Akon, Jordin Sparks, Celine Dion, Rob Thomas, Katharine McPhee, Jeff Bridges, Randy Jackson, Patti Austin, Kid CuDi, Usher, Will.i.am, Kanye West, LL Cool J, Issac Slade (of The Fray), Snoop Dogg, Nicole Richie, Trey Songz, Ethan Bortnick, Taryll Jackson, Taj Jackson, TJ Jackson, Vince Vaughn, Drake, Freda Payne, Faith Evans, Robin Thicke, Rashida Jones, Barbra Streisand, Jimmy Jean Louis, Enrique Iglesias, Zac Brown, Lil Wayne, Tony Bennett, Josh Groban, Sean Garrett, Harry Connick Jr., Al Jardine, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (Bizzy Bone) and A.R.Rahman

here is link:http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/01/haiti.we.are.the.world/?hpt=Sbin

Oscar's Snubs: Star Trek, The Hangover, Michael Jackson!

Does it count as a snub if you never believed that no matter how many Best Picture spots there were, there'd never be enough for your favorite movies?
And so it came to pass today, that popular (and critical) favorites Star Trek, The Hangover and Michael Jackson's This Is It found themselves denied a shot at Oscars' biggest prize.
Star Trek earned four technical nods, natch, for the 82nd Academy Awards. The Hangover and This Is It got zip.
Some other notable snubs:
Inglourious Basterd's Diane Kruger was a Screen Actors Guild nominee for Best Supporting Actress. Today, was denied an Oscar nod when Crazy Heart's Maggie Gyllenhaal "stole" her spot.
Say, remember that delightful romantic-comedy (500) Days of Summer? Oscar didn't. Nothing.
• Nancy Meyers movies usually produce Oscar nods, but not this time. It's Complicated didn't figure anywhere, for anyone—Oscar cohost Alec Baldwin, included.
Once, onetime Best Actress winner Marion Cotillard looked like she might save Nine from awards-season obscurity. Instead, Penélope Cruz got the film's lone acting nod, in the Best Supporting Actress category. (Overall, the box-office bust managed four nods.)
You may have not heard of The Secret of Kells, but the folks who made Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs likely will never forget the film that "stole" its nomination for Animated Feature.

here is link:http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b165138_oscars_snubs_star_trek_hangover_michael.html

"There are no repeat performers. No one from the original recording will be heard on the new track."

L.O.V.E . Thanks for the News.

Last edited:
"There are no repeat performers. No one from the original recording will be heard on the new track."

L.O.V.E . Thanks for the News.

Wait...so they are really gonna cut Michael's VOICE?????:eek::bugeyed

I cant believe they're really gonna do t his... I dont have a thing to say about them anymore...They should really know better. If they were gonna do that and change the lyrics, they should've done a different SONG!!!

ok am done on this topic....Tnx for this info...:)

L.O.V.E.
Romi

I cant believe they're really gonna do t his... I dont have a thing to say about them anymore...They should really know better. If they were gonna do that and change the lyrics, they should've done a different SONG!!!

ok am done....Tnx for this info...:)

L.O.V.E.
Romi

I don't know hun... :huggy: The line is from the article above titled 'Michael Jackson is Remembered in 'We are the World' Remake' I sure hope that they include him.
here's a sneak peak video clip of the new recording.

:wub:

If MJ isn't in the new version Quincy and Lionel Richie go #¤&/G)&:p/(65%¤=!!

ok am done on this topic....Tnx for this info...:)

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Please be gracious about this...Lionel Richie himself is not singing in the new version. And he said, he believes that MJ, if he were still alive, would be most happy to also work just in the background for this project.......Fans of MJ should in fact be grateful that these distinguished & successful artists were just so willing to record an MJ penned song that they obviously admired. I cannot imagine Streisand lending her voice to a crappy piece of work. ......This re-recording of the song is a big, big honor to MJ!!

What¨s the history today? Tell me!!!!!! :d

here you go :D

Today is Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010

[SIZE=+2]Today in[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2]Michael Jackson History[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=+2]​

1973 – The Midnight Special premieres on NBC-TV with Helen Reddy as host. Wolfman Jack would later take over for an eight-and-a-half-year run.

1974 – The Jackson V performance at Dakar, Senegal Theatre National Daniel Sorano.

1979 – On the sixth aniversary of The Midnight Special The Jacksons appear, performing Things I do for you.

1986 - Michael gives a 5 minutes interview about Quincy Jones for CBS 60 minutes programme.

1992 - Fox, BET & MTV simultaneously premiere the 9 minute short film for Remember The Time.

1994 - Michael attends a concert of The Temptations at the Sheraton Desert Inn of Las Vegas with his date Lisa Marie Presley.

2002 - Michael Jackson`s Invincible is #25 by The Billboard 200; #6 by Billboard's R&B/Hip-Hop Albums; #87 at The Netherlands Albums Top 100; #6 at Turkey Official Sales Chart of Foreign Albums in Turkey.

2005 - Michael's lawyers attend a court hearing for Debbie's visitation rights.

2008 - Michael Jackson`s Wanna Be Starting Something is by the Digital List #47.

2008 - Michael Jackson`s The Girl is Mine is at The Hot Canadian Digital Singles Chart #61 and by the France top 100 singles, #22.

[/SIZE]

SMOKEY ROBINSON “MOVED” BY KIDS GRAMMYS SPEECH

Legendary musician Smokey Robinson was “really proud to do anything to pay tribute” to Michael Jackson, who was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2010 Grammy Awards. Smokey told http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;HollywoodLife.com backstage at the awards on Jan. 31. “Michael was my little brother and I’m really proud to do anything to pay tribute to him.”
He also spoke about the heartfelt acceptance speech his children, Paris and Prince Michael gave.
“His kids were the icing on the cake, because they gave you the view of him, through their eyes, letting you know he was a great guy. He was their dad. He was their connection to life itself. It was beautiful,” Smokey said.
He added, “I think that I was as moved as everyone else was. I think everyone was. Most of the people did not expect them to be there, but them being there was not as impactful as what they said.”
Smokey told us, “I’m really proud to celebrate Michael Jackson. The song that was performed] has such a great message for all of us. I hope that people were listening, more so than singing. This is it for us. We have nowhere to go, right now. We need to take care of this”
Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;Hollywoodlife.com

KEEPING THE DREAM ALIVE - LONDON MJ TRIBUTE

Sheryl Davis is arranging a special MJ fans’ tribute show in London on June 25th this year. The show is entitled - Keeping The Dream Alive.
Profits from the event will be donated to The Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.
Click on the link below for more details and on how to buy tickets to the event:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;www.michaeljackson-keepingthedreamalive.com/
Source: Keeping The Dream Alive

SOLAND AND OF MONTREAL COVER J5

Singer Solange Knowles is making a guest appearance on Of Montreal’s upcoming album, and the two acts apparently had so much fun together in the studio that they decided to take to the stage in front of a live audience at Kevin Barnes & Co.’s gig at the Highline Ballroom in NYC. But instead of performing their "as-yet-unrevealed" original track, they treated the crowd to a lively cover of the Jackson 5’s “I Want You Back.”
Click on the link below to watch the performance:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7LE1hQ_3i4&feature=player_embedded
Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;idolator.com/YouTube

PHOTO EXHIBITION FEATURING MJ TO BENEFIT HAITI

Michael Jackson has, posthumously, managed to amass charitable funds for the aggrieved Haitian citizens. This is because an exhibition in New York is displaying the priceless snapshots of celebs from different walks of life and they include the likes of Jackson, Madonna, Anjelina Jolie as well as Britney Spears and Lady Gaga.
Aptly titled ‘Snapped! From the Red Carpet to the Dark Side of Celebrity’, the prestigious exhibition is being held in New York city to commemorate the 21st anniversary of entertainment news and photo agency World Entertainment News Network (WENN).
Some eye-grabbing snaps include those of:
• Madonna in Malawi with her doting son David Banda (adopted)
• Lady Gaga in company of British highness Queen Elizabeth II
• Various other photographs of Michael Jackson, Britney Spears and Angelina Jolie those are touching or nostalgia-evoking.
CEO of WENN Mr. Lloyd Beiny remarks, “Like everyone, we were devastated by the horrors of the recent events in Haiti and have been looking for an appropriate way in which to contribute.”
All proceeds from the sales of prints will be donated to Concern Worldwide's Haitian earthquake relief efforts. The exhibition runs until February 28 at Manhattan's Chelsea Market.
Source: PR-Inside / http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;entertainmentandshowbiz.com

THIS IS IT’ DVD AND BLU-RAY IN STORES NOW!

Many fans around the world can relive the magic of Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT on DVD or Blu-Ray™ today!
Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT offers Jackson fans and music lovers worldwide a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the performer as he developed, created and rehearsed for his sold-out concerts that would have taken place in London's O2 Arena. THIS IS IT captures the singer, dancer, filmmaker, architect, creative genius and great artist at work as he creates and perfects his final show.
Order THIS IS IT DVD, Blu-Ray, or CD from the following links:-
Michael Jackson Store and get a FREE Poster
http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;www...m=legacy-website&utm_source=michaeljacksoncom
THIS IS IT DVD or Blu-Ray
Amazon
http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;www...BYWC&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=90171462&pf_rd_i=130
iTunes
http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;itu...26siteID%3DLNxp_3YMBs0-G9K4b1WLnNXqoDnREXyO4w
THIS IS IT CD
Amazon
http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;www...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1264525061&sr=1-1
iTunes
http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=336643808
Click on the link below to check the worldwide release dates for THIS IS IT DVD and Blu-Ray in your country:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;www...michael-jacksons-it-dvd-blu-ray-now-available
Click on the link below for any upcoming midnight release events:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;www...haeljacksonthisisit/midnightmadness/index.php
Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/8ef3f;michaeljackson.com

Its annoying when Michael's This Is It fail to make it to the Best Documentary category in the Oscars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not Fair!!!!!!!

TII is too late for this year's documentary entry, they can always push for it next year, I don't think that category is crowed anyway. as for best picture nomination, who in their right mind actually thought it was going to happen? the largest block of academy voters are actors, there are NO actors in TII, period.

Dr. Death will be charged tomorrow Feb. 3rd in Los Angeles County Criminal Courthouse. He plans to "surrender", thus not face the media by being arrested. All L.A. fans please be there for Michael. Go to the courthouse tomorrow, find out which courtroom and go in there to represent Michael.

Dr. Death will be charged tomorrow Feb. 3rd in Los Angeles County Criminal Courthouse. He plans to "surrender", thus not face the media by being arrested. All L.A. fans please be there for Michael. Go to the courthouse tomorrow, find out which courtroom and go in there to represent Michael.

Is this true?

Please be gracious about this...Lionel Richie himself is not singing in the new version. And he said, he believes that MJ, if he were still alive, would be most happy to also work just in the background for this project.......Fans of MJ should in fact be grateful that these distinguished & successful artists were just so willing to record an MJ penned song that they obviously admired. I cannot imagine Streisand lending her voice to a crappy piece of work. ......This re-recording of the song is a big, big honor to MJ!!

ITA! I was mad at first that there was even going to be a remake. But now that we know for sure that none of the original WATW performers will sing (even Lionel himself), then it makes sense.

3T is there representing Michael and the Jackson family and hopefully the children will get to recite that poem. Next generation is what this remake is about.

Michael Jackson's doctor is prepared to surrender to authorities, lawyer says

An attorney for Dr. Conrad Murray said his client was ready to turn himself in if charges against him are filed in the singer's death. Murray admits giving the pop star propofol before he died.

A lawyer for Michael Jackson's personal physician said Tuesday that the Houston-based doctor is in Los Angeles and prepared to surrender if authorities file charges against him in the pop star's death.

"I don't have any specific information that leads me to believe he is going to be charged this week," lawyer Ed Chernoff said, "but if he is, we've made it clear he's available to turn himself in."

The arrival of Dr. Conrad Murray and Chernoff, his lead attorney, from Houston set off a new round of speculation that authorities, who have been mulling a manslaughter case against the doctor since last summer, were about to file charges.

A spokeswoman for the L.A. County district attorney's office declined to say whether prosecutors planned to file a case against Murray. "All I can tell you is that we have not filed anything. When and if we do, we will let everyone know at one time," spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said.

Chernoff said Murray was visiting L.A. on personal matters -- he has an infant son in Santa Monica -- and also planned to attend a strategy session Tuesday afternoon with his criminal defense team, made up of Chernoff, local counsel J. Michael Flanagan and Long Beach attorney Joseph Low IV. Low represents Nicole Alvarez, the mother of Murray's infant son.

Murray acknowledged administering the anesthetic propofol to Jackson shortly before his death June 25, according to police affidavits. An autopsy classified Jackson's death as a homicide and said the cause was "acute propofol intoxication" in combination with the use of sedatives.

here is link:http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-jackson3-2010feb03,0,2090191.story

Michael Jackson's and Lionel Richie's 'We Are the World' remade for Haiti earthquake relief

We-Are-The-World-Michael-Jackson.jpg

Michael Jackson's and Lionel Richie's 'We Are the World' remade for Haiti earthquake relief - Reuters is reporting that dozens of musical artists, none of whom appeared on the original "We Are the World" song and fundraising project, gathered in a Los Angeles studio to re-record the song for Haiti earthquake relief on Monday.
The night after the Grammy Awards, Clive Davis and Lionel Richie oversaw the gathering of more than 70 musical artists at the same Hollywood studio where, 25 years earlier, they brought together another set of artists to sing the song, "We Are the World," co-written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie. The song was originally released in 1985 with sales to benefit USA for Africa.
Artists who performed 25 years ago included Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon, Diana Ross, Willie Nelson, Cyndi Lauper, Ray Charles, Tina Turner, and others. USA Today reported in 2009 that total proceeds made from the original "We Are the World" record were over $63.1 million.
Artists performing the new version include: Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Wyclef Jean, Harry Connick Jr., Kanye West, Miley Cyrus, Tony Bennett, Justin Bieber, Patti Austin, Beach Boys Brian Wilson and Al Jardine, Carlos Santana, Josh Groban, the Jonas Brothers, Jennifer Hudson, Natalie Cole, Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Drake, LL Cool J, Nancy Wilson of Heart, Usher, and will.i.am of the Black-Eyed Peas.
According to Reuters, Ms. Streisand sings the part that Diana Ross sang in the original and went through several takes of the line to meet her own personal demand for perfection. Some of the artists organizer Randy Phillips would have liked to have had on the record left the Grammys before they could participate in the event. These artists include Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift. Michael Jackson's lines were to be sung by his sister Janet on Tuesday from a studio in Atlanta.
The new "We Are the World" song and video (directed by Paul Haggis (Crash)) is scheduled to make its public debut during the opening ceremonies telecast of the Olympic Games to be broadcast from Vancouver on NBC February 12, 2010.

here is link:http://www.examiner.com/x-27365-You...-the-World-remade-for-Haiti-earthquake-relief

Jay-Z: 'Usher can be new King of Pop'

Jay-Z has claimed that Usher has the potential to become the new King of Pop.
The 'Run This Town' rapper admitted that he was impressed watching Usher perform a tribute to the late Michael Jackson at the Grammy Awards.
"I thought the Michael Jackson tribute was fantastic and I thought Usher was doing a magnificent job," he told Access Hollywood.
"I think he's one of the guys that’s in line to, you know, fill those huge shoes. I don't wanna put that pressure on him, but I think he's one of the guys that's in line to do that."
Usher joined Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson and Carrie Underwood to perform Jackson's 'Earth Song' at the annual awards ceremony, which was held at the Los Angeles Staples Center on January 31.
Jackson's eldest two children Prince Michael, 12, and 11-year-old Paris Katherine took to the stage to accept their father's Lifetime Achievement Award following the performance.

here is link:http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a200879/jay-z-usher-can-be-new-king-of-pop.html

Dr. Arnold Klein: Why Do You Hate Me?

Michael Jackson's longtime [COLOR=#29a256! important][COLOR=#29a256! important]dermatologist[/COLOR][/COLOR]

, Dr. Arnold Klein, has filed new legal papers in his battle royale with fellow Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, Dr. Steven Hoefflin, expressing bewilderment over Hoefflin's intense animosity toward him.

0202_arnie_steven_bn_tmz_01.jpg

Dr. Klein has sued Dr. Hoefflin for defamation, over Hoefflin's insinuation that Klein was responsible for Michael Jackson's death and was the source of the fatal dose of Propofol.

In his legal [COLOR=#29a256! important][COLOR=#29a256! important]papers[/COLOR][/COLOR], Klein says, "It is not clear to me why Dr. Hoefflin holds the malice for me that he manifested by stating publicly that I was instrumental in providing the medication that caused Michael Jackson's death."

Dr. Hoefflin - who along with Klein performed numerous procedures on Jackson -- is trying to get Klein's defamation case dismissed, arguing that Jackson's death is a matter of public interest and Hoefflin's comments are protected speech.

Dr. Klein begs to differ, claiming Hoefflin has intentionally done a hatchet job on him

here is link:http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/02/dr-ar...dr-steven-hoefflin-death-propofol-defamation/

JayZ...let me tell you something... Michael took his crown with him...!!!
You're talking out of my soul, Rasta :cheers:

"(..) Usher was doing a magnificent job," he told Access Hollywood.
"I think he's one of the guys that’s in line to, you know, fill those huge shoes. (..)"

*pfft*
imho: he is a pompous ass (his appearance at the memorial, at the Grammy Awards - I can only shake my head)

Nobody on this earth can ever fill MJs shoes .. nobody .. never!

Hey hun, well i'll agree to disagree with your comment. I just dont agree. And it is also said theres gonna be a change to the lyrics...so to tell you the truth, I'm not gonna even talk about this anymore. I'm glad they're doing something to try to help the Haitians. Am honored they're doing we are the world. But cutting out Mike's voice or changing some lyrics is not gonna make it WE are the World anymore...If they were gonna change the lyrics anyways, they should have done a NEW song altogether. This is just my opinion. I might be 2 in a thousand that feel this way but its still my opinion...right? :scratch:

and Most of all...(Eminem and lil Wayne???):smilerolleyes: No comment on that. I'm not gonna say why they're part of it, maybe because they are "famous"?....... yeah...

Tnx for the reply though :)

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Back