Daily News - December 7, 2009 - Monday

MsSnoop

Proud Member
"New Moon" still shining atop overseas box office

Primedia Broadcasting - Eyewitness News

Sony said that during the weekend, it grossed $2 billion overseas in 2009 thanks to a trio of late-summer and fall releases: "2012" ($500 million offshore), Michael Jackson documentary "This Is It" ($180 million, setting a record for a concert film); and romantic comedy "The Ugly Truth" ($114.2 million). Earlier in the year, Sony released "Angels & Demons," which racked up $352.6 million in foreign grosses, and "Terminator Salvation," with $220.6 million. In 2008, Sony grossed $1.38 billion overseas.

2rmbfk4.jpg

NEW YORK,(UPI) -- U.S. singer Jermaine Jackson said the children of his late brother Michael will not appear on "The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty" reality TV show.

Jackson, 54, said his late brother's children Prince, Paris and Prince Michael II were never intended to be part of the new A&E show and those plans will not change in the wake of his brother's June 25 death, the New York Post reported Saturday.

"There were never any intentions or plans to put Michael's kids on the show," Jackson said Friday.

"We would never do that. And in fact that was never a question we asked ... . We wouldn't want to send out the wrong signal by having people say we're exploiting his kids now that he's not here."

"A Family Dynasty," scheduled to premiere Dec. 13 on the cable network, will follow Jackson and his remaining brothers as they record a new album together.

The Post said the siblings may also attempt to perform together in honor of the 40th anniversary of The Jackson 5, the group they formed with Michael as kids.

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...left-out-of-new-TV-series/UPI-10631260120751/

*******************************​

Fashion designer and Newport News native unveils line of jackets celebrating ...

Daily Press - Sam McDonald -
Bill Clinton, Ken Griffey Jr. and Michael Jackson have all been his customers. A connection to a cartoon character could end up being an even bigger deal, ...

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1984 - Michael Jackson testified in Chicago, IL, that he wrote the song "The Girl is Mine," not an Illinois man. Jackson won the case.

1987 - Janet Jackson's "Control - The Videos" was certified Platinum by the RIAA.

1991 - Michael Jackson's single "Black Or White" hit #1 in the U.S.

1995 - Doctors announced that Michael Jackson "will require several days of critical-care monitoring and treatment." He was being treated for inflammation of the stomach, dehydration and kidney and liver irregularities caused by an electolyte imbalance. Jackson had collapsed onstage December 6th while rehearsing for an upcoming HBO special.

1998 - Janet Jackson was named Female R&B Artist of the Year at the annual Billboard Music Awards.

ncl2dx.jpg

Oh that's nice of them don't show the children, like they need their privacy as Michael wanted too...
Thank you for the news!! *-*

i dont think anyone would watch if they put the kids. i would think the Jacksons have a little moral character so i never thought they would put the kids on tv. i cant wait to see the show.

You need to add to the dates in history:

2009 The Michael Jackson Opus was released in bookstores.

yeah :jump: in stores of MJ Opus :D

TRIBUTE TO MICHAEL – I WILL ALWAYS BE MISSING YOU BY JUDITH HILL
6th December 2009
Judith was to join Michael in London for the concerts this past July, for a duet on stage and to sing back up vocals for him. MJJC present a special video made by Timo (Blackenise), the MJJC Video Competition Champion, along with the song written by Judith as a tribute to our idol and hero, Michael.
Click on the link below to watch the video:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/d2846;www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_mgddtRK6Q
Click on the link below for other works by Blackenise:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/d2846;www.youtube.com/user/Blackenise89
Source: Youtube/ MJJC
---------------------------------------------------
MJ TRIBUTE AT GRAMMY NOMINATIONS CONCERT
3rd December 2009
LL Cool J and Maxwell paid tribute to Michael Jackson at the Grammy Nominations Concert in Los Angeles on December 2, 2009, reminding music fans of the history the late King of Pop made at the music awards show 25 years ago.
Rapper LL Cool J, who was hosting the show at the Nokia Theater, introduced Maxwell's musical tribute by recalling the night Jackson claimed eight Grammy Awards "in one night" for tracks from his 'Thriller' album.
He said, "Each year, the Grammy show celebrates the achievements and the passing of our musical legends, and so tonight we wanted to take note of one of Grammy's closest friends and one of the greatest recording artists of all time.
"Michael changed the way we performed, danced and experienced music in ways that would truly last forever."
Maxwell then performed 'The Lady In My Life' from the 'Thriller' album.
It was a special honor for the singer/songwriter, who learned minutes before his performance his 'Pretty Wings' had been nominated for a 2010 Best Song Grammy Award.
Source: PR Inside
------------------------------------------------------------
A & E LAUNCHES SITE FOR JACKSONS TV SHOW
2nd December 2009
Next week on December 13, 2009 A&E will premiere its new real life series The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty.
Behind the headlines lies a captivating family, whose lives have been unwillingly played out before cameras for decades. After 40 years in the business together, Jackie, Jermaine, Tito and Marlon have sold more than 250 million albums worldwide. Now, the brothers allow unprecedented access into their world as they record new material and rehearse for a concert celebrating the 40th anniversary of The Jackson Five. The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty will chronicle the brothers' relationships with each other, their parents and their children, while also balancing the demands of their professional commitments and celebrity.
In conjunction with the premiere, A&E launched a new interactive website featuring a "Meet the Jacksons" section, Photo Gallery, Discussion Board, eDedications of your favorite songs, Discography and Jacksons Trivia!
Click on the link below to visit the website:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/d2846;www.aetv.com/the-jacksons-a-family-dynasty/
Source: A&E
---------------------------------------------------
THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO MJ
30th November 2009
You might expect to hear Michael Jackson's hits at a night club but, at a church?
It seems one local church pastor in Sacramento, California is using the King of Pop's music to get an important message across in order to spread the faith.
Michael Jackson wrote songs about peace, salvation, and hope...all themes from an international star that pastor Ron Vanderwell from "The Gathering" Christian Church believes we can all learn from and he is teaching "The Gospel According to Michael Jackson."
To get the crowd at the Natomas Marketplace Theatre going, Pastor Ron tried to show off some of the Pop Star's signature moves but, all jokes aside, there was a serious message he wanted to relay using Jackson's tunes.
He says the hit song, "Beat It" teaches racial reconciliation.
"The combination of peace and defiance is a neat way to see [it] combined together."
And he says that songs like, "I'll be there" teach inspirational lessons of love and commitment.
"A desire to pour yourself out for someone else and the way [Michael's] able to do that. It shows a lasting connection with someone that won't flake out on you."
Churchgoers yesterday said "Amen" to the messages taught during the service.
"I can finally relate. It's not just some old dude talking. I can't relate to that, but I can relate to Michael Jackson's music," Stuart Canton says.
Churchgoer, Dorothy Wollan says, "We have so many pop artists. I'm sure they have a lot to offer the public and there's always a deeper layer and we need to look for that."
Getting people to think about the deeper meanings through Pop music is exactly what Rev. Ron is aiming for.
He says, "The sense of redemption, the sense of love and peace are all things that Michael Jackson helped us hope for."

"New Moon" still shining atop overseas box office

Primedia Broadcasting - Eyewitness News

Sony said that during the weekend, it grossed $2 billion overseas in 2009 thanks to a trio of late-summer and fall releases: "2012" ($500 million offshore), Michael Jackson documentary "This Is It" ($180 million, setting a record for a concert film); and romantic comedy "The Ugly Truth" ($114.2 million). Earlier in the year, Sony released "Angels & Demons," which racked up $352.6 million in foreign grosses, and "Terminator Salvation," with $220.6 million. In 2008, Sony grossed $1.38 billion overseas.

2rmbfk4.jpg

NEW YORK,(UPI) -- U.S. singer Jermaine Jackson said the children of his late brother Michael will not appear on "The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty" reality TV show.

Jackson, 54, said his late brother's children Prince, Paris and Prince Michael II were never intended to be part of the new A&E show and those plans will not change in the wake of his brother's June 25 death, the New York Post reported Saturday.

"There were never any intentions or plans to put Michael's kids on the show," Jackson said Friday.

"We would never do that. And in fact that was never a question we asked ... . We wouldn't want to send out the wrong signal by having people say we're exploiting his kids now that he's not here."

"A Family Dynasty," scheduled to premiere Dec. 13 on the cable network, will follow Jackson and his remaining brothers as they record a new album together.

The Post said the siblings may also attempt to perform together in honor of the 40th anniversary of The Jackson 5, the group they formed with Michael as kids.

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...left-out-of-new-TV-series/UPI-10631260120751/

*******************************​

Fashion designer and Newport News native unveils line of jackets celebrating ...

Daily Press - Sam McDonald -
Bill Clinton, Ken Griffey Jr. and Michael Jackson have all been his customers. A connection to a cartoon character could end up being an even bigger deal, ...

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1984 - Michael Jackson testified in Chicago, IL, that he wrote the song "The Girl is Mine," not an Illinois man. Jackson won the case.

1987 - Janet Jackson's "Control - The Videos" was certified Platinum by the RIAA.

1991 - Michael Jackson's single "Black Or White" hit #1 in the U.S.

1995 - Doctors announced that Michael Jackson "will require several days of critical-care monitoring and treatment." He was being treated for inflammation of the stomach, dehydration and kidney and liver irregularities caused by an electolyte imbalance. Jackson had collapsed onstage December 6th while rehearsing for an upcoming HBO special.

1998 - Janet Jackson was named Female R&B Artist of the Year at the annual Billboard Music Awards.

ncl2dx.jpg

hm..it almost seems to me that someone from the Jackson family has been reading our posts....The way he said "we wouldn't want people to think we were exploiting the children now that Michael is not here".....I guess the way the kids were always being put out there lately and the reaction from the fans probably made some people stop and think about what they were doing.....who knows.

hm..it almost seems to me that someone from the Jackson family has been reading our posts....The way he said "we wouldn't want people to think we were exploiting the children now that Michael is not here".....I guess the way the kids were always being put out there lately and the reaction from the fans probably made some people stop and think about what they were doing.....who knows.

This has been said everywhere. It ain't just MJ fans that were concerned about this.

Back