Daily News - December 17, 2009

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Video: Chris Brown Dancing to Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' at Concert

Celebrity Mania - On the last stop of his "Fan Appreciation" tour, the 20-year-old paid tribute to late Michael Jackson by dancing to the King of Pop's famous single ...

MichaelJackson_smile_March09_183.jpg

Classic Jackson 5 Albums Return to CD & Vinyl -- Michael Jackson's Four Solo Motown Albums Also Reissued on Vinyl

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- After being out of print individually in any format for many years, six of the phenomenal Jackson 5's original albums will be reissued on CD and vinyl, while all four of Michael's solo '70s Motown albums are being reissued on vinyl by Motown/UMe on January 5, 2010.
With this year marking the 40th anniversary of the debut of the Jackson 5, the recent release of I Want You Back! Unreleased Masters, an acclaimed 12-track album of previously unheard Jackson 5 material, and the Jacksons' new A&E series, The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty, which offers unprecedented access to the personal and professional lives of Jackie, Jermaine, Tito and Marlon, the world has once again turned its attention to the brothers from Gary, Indiana.

The newly remastered Jackson 5 albums returning to CD, with their restored original artwork, are:
  • Goin' Back To Indiana: Soundtrack to their1971TV special features excerpts from a triumphant homecoming concert; includes bonus track "Who's Lovin' You"
  • Lookin' Through The Windows: 1972 album spun off the Top 10 hits "Little Bitty Pretty One" and the title track; includes bonus track "Love Song," a non-LP B-side
  • Skywriter: Underrated 1973 gem with the hits "Corner Of The Sky" and "Hallelujah Day"
  • Get It Together: Seamless and super-funky, this 1973 album boasts the No. 1 "Dancing Machine" and the title track.
  • Dancing Machine: Highlighted by the single version of "Dancing Machine," this 1974 album also includes "Whatever You Got, I Want" and two-part hit "I Am Love."
  • Moving Violation: A classic of the early disco underground, this 1975 album featured the No. 1 Dance/Disco chart hit "Forever Came Today"; reissue adds an alternate mix of that track. The last original album Jackson 5 album on Motown.
The LPs, imported from the U.K., are presented in their original 12x12 size. The vinyl albums from Michael Jackson are:
  • Got To Be There: MJ's 1972 solo debut LP features the title track and "Rockin' Robin" and the Top 20 "I Wanna Be Where You Are."
  • Ben: His second straight solo smash, featuring the title track, his first solo Pop #1
  • Music And Me: A ballad-heavy album from a maturing Michael, this 1973 disc includes the Top 20 R&B "With A Child's Heart"
  • Forever, Michael: From 1975, Michael's final solo album for Motown, featuring the Top 10 R&B dance classics "Just A Little Bit Of You" and "We're Almost There."
All of these albums, plus bonus material, are available collectively on Hello World: The Complete Motown Solo Collection, released July 2009.

The vinyl editions of Jackson 5 albums, also imported, are Goin' Back To Indiana, Lookin' Through The Windows, Get It Together and:
  • Third Album: In 1970, their first ballad, "I'll Be There," became the group's and Motown's biggest Pop hit ever, #1 for five weeks (also #1 R&B). "Mama's Pearl" reached #2 R&B/#2 Pop. (ABC, their smash second LP, is already available on vinyl.)
  • Maybe Tomorrow: This 1971 album contains some of the most-sampled and covered material in the group's catalog, including the title track and the #1 R&B/#2 Pop "Never Can Say Goodbye."
SOURCE Universal Music Enterprises

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...n-albums-also-reissued-on-vinyl-79524002.html

Book gift: 'Michael Jackson: Before He Was King'

Los Angeles Times (blog) -
For the MJ fanatic who knows all the words and steps to "Thriller," we recommend Todd Gray's new photography book, "Michael Jackson: Before He Was King. ...

Michael-Jackson-Before-He-Was-King.JPG

Poland's cities not saving on New Years

thenews.pl - ‎
The party will have a 'Michael Jackson Tribute' theme, following last year's Abba tribute. The capital city is spending 3.6 million zloty (854000 euro) on ...

c.jpg

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1993 - Janet Jackson's single "Again" was certified gold and platinum by the RIAA.

1993 - Janet Jackson's album "Janet" was certified five times platinum by the RIAA.

MOONWALK SHOES SOLD AT LONDON AUCTION
16th December 2009
Michael Jackson’s “Moonwalking” shoes and hat sold today in London for £22,800 ($37,343).
The items, worn at Michael Jackson's 2001 concerts celebrating his 30th anniversary as a solo performer, were offered by Bonhams with a presale estimate of 10,000 pounds to 12,000 pounds.
Michael Jackson had signed the black loafers in black marker on the soles, said Bonhams. He had inscribed them “Rock My World Billie Jean.” The fedora also had his name in gilt lettering on its band.
Michael Jackson can be seen wearing both in footage of his concerts at Madison Square Garden in New York, on September 7 and 10, 2001. The performance was broadcast by CBS on November 13, 2001 and attracted more than 25 million viewers.
Source: Bloomberg
------------------------------------------------
KENNY ORTEGA SAYS MICHAEL IS HIS ‘ANGEL’
14th December 2009
Kenny Ortega, director of Michael Jackson’s ‘This Is It’ recently signed on for his next feature film project, In the Heights, the big screen adaptation of the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical.
Although Ortega directed the “High School Musical” films and choreographed “Dirty Dancing,” he knew his shot came from the success of the Jackson film. The strong reviews, the box office and now this has left him conflicted, Ortega told Variety magazine in a recent interview.
“I’d trade it all in a second to have Michael back with us, but I owe a debt of thanks to him,” Ortega said. “He’s my angel. Whenever I said yes to him, I came out on the other end benefitting greatly.”
Source: Variety
----------------------------------------------------------
OFFICIAL ‘THIS IS IT’ MUSIC VIDEO
12th December 2009
Spike Lee's film production company 40 Acres and a Mule Filmwork has recently published a music video for Michael Jackson's 'This Is It'.
Click on the link below to watch the video:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/432b0;www.40acres.com/
Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/432b0;twitter.com/thisisitmovie
----------------------------------------------------------
LA COUNCIL URGES END TO MJ MEMORIAL PROBE
11th December 2009
The Los Angeles City Council is urging the city attorney's office to quickly conclude its investigation into the $3.2 million in costs incurred by the city for the Michael Jackson memorial service.
Councilwoman Jan Perry said during Friday's council meeting that once the city attorney completes the inquiry of AEG, which owns the Staples Center arena where the event was held, she and the mayor's office will resume discussions about the entertainment company offering a donation to help cover the expense.
The city spent about $2 million on police overtime and the rest on other related expenses for the event.
AEG gave the city $900,000 to pay for costs related to the Los Angeles Lakers' NBA championship parade earlier in the year
Source: AP
-------------------------------------------------------------
MJ LEADS TOP 10 ONLINE SEARCHES OF 2009
2nd December 2009
What would have been the most anticipated comeback on stage in history ended sadly in June.
The sudden death of Michael Jackson made him to the top searches in 2009, knocking Britney Spears from the number one spot for the first time in four years. Jackson died June 25.
"Michael Jackson's death broke many records on Yahoo. His memorial was the single most streamed event in Yahoo's history, with five million total streams," the company said in a statement.
"When the news of Michael Jackson's death came out the traffic was overwhelming, and surpassed that. And then his case was ruled a homicide so it's an ongoing crime investigation. His death is unresolved," said Vera Chan, web trend analyst at Yahoo Inc.
At the hour of Michael Jackson death, the world wide web almost came to an halt. On June 26 CNN started an article by asking: "How many people does it take to break the Internet? On June 25, we found out it's just one -- if that one is Michael Jackson."
"Between approximately 2:40 p.m. PDT and 3:15 p.m. PDT on June 25, some Google News users experienced difficulty accessing search results for queries related to Michael Jackson," a Google spokesman told CNET, which also reported that Google News users complained that the service was inaccessible for a time.
At its peak, Google Trends rated the Jackson story as "volcanic."
Source: Reuters /CNN /PC World/Yahoo

I'm confused. i guess it won't be good show. polish singers really can't sing well enough...

I don't think Polish singers will sing Michael's songs, some guy called Earnest Valentino will perform as Michael. I have no idea who he is.

At the hour of Michael Jackson death, the world wide web almost came to an halt. On June 26 CNN started an article by asking: "How many people does it take to break the Internet? On June 25, we found out it's just one -- if that one is Michael Jackson." "Between approximately 2:40 p.m. PDT and 3:15 p.m. PDT on June 25, some Google News users experienced difficulty accessing search results for queries related to Michael Jackson," a Google spokesman told CNET, which also reported that Google News users complained that the service was inaccessible for a time. At its peak, Google Trends rated the Jackson story as "volcanic."

Wow, incredible.

Back