Daily News, Aug 20/09, Tito Jackson To Pay Tribute To MJ In UK Tour, Bravado Exclusive Merchandiser

MsSnoop

Proud Member
....and it all seems to be coming to a head...the frenzy is growing.

Here are the news cliplets for the day:

Jackson Brothers Reality Series A Go At A&E

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - Before Michael Jackson died, his brothers filmed a one-hour pilot for A&E that was supposed to include a reunion performance with Michael. But he never agreed to it, didn't do it, and died before it could be discussed again.

But sources say that A&E will go forward with a series of further episodes that will chronicle the Jackson brothers' lives and show them grappling with Michael's death.

An A&E spokesman declined comment; sources close to the network said the deal for a series isn't done yet. The original A&E deal was for a pilot with provisions for a series.

It hasn't been decided whether the footage that exists will be shaped into half-hour or hour-long sessions.

Meanwhile, the pilot -- which might include at least a reference at its end that Michael has died -- will air on A&E within the month, sources say.
The deal was put together by Danny O'Donovan, who has managed the group since they left Motown in the late 1970s.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2009/08/20/arts/entertainment-us-jacksons.html

Tamara Browning: Local exhibit honors Michael Jackson

The State Journal-Register - An exhibit commemorating the life of MICHAEL JACKSON will be displayed beginning today at MINOR'E ART GALLERY, 516 E. Monroe St. The exhibit will open at ...

Exclusive: Plans For Michael Jackson Robot In Las Vegas Revealed

MTV.com - Gabriel Lipson - Last March, Michael Jackson announced plans for his "This Is It" residency at the O2 arena in London. The 50-performance comeback bid ...

Examiner.com -
The late King of Pop Michael Jackson gave Aaron a special jacket. Carter recently told Extra, "I'm gonna continue to embrace this jacket and wear it in ...

Ben Brown, the Man Credited for the Discovery of Michael Jackson ...

PR Newswire (press release) (press release) -
"Michael Jackson," Brown reiterated, "was in fact a giant in the world of music which he will continue to impact through his creative works."

url

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1983 - The Jackson 5 compilation album "18 Greatest Hits" hit #1 in the U.K.

Re: Daily News - Thursday - Aug 20, 2009

thanx for the thread
i hope the burial date will turn out to be a wrong date!! not his birthday for God sake!!

Tito Jackson To Pay Tribute To MJ In UK Tour

Michael Jackson fans will get the chance to see a UK tribute concert to the King of Pop when his brother Tito performs a series of dates this autumn.

Jackson family members have confirmed they will be there to support him on his first ever solo UK tour in October.

The King of Pop's older brother will play hit songs penned by both Michael and The Jackson 5 with his 14-piece band, The Funk Brothers.

He will play eight dates which kick off on October 6 in Manchester. The tour will take him to London's wembley stadium, Nottingham, Sheffield, Liverpool, Cardiff and Aberdeen.

Tito will also perform brand new tracks from his forthcoming album, set for global release this year.

Michael Jackson's fans in the UK are sure to welcome the news after plans to host a concert tribute to the star at the O2 arena this month were shelved.

Concert organiser AEG Live is negotiating a deal with Sony to release a film of the late singer's final rehearsals.

"The UK was a very special place to my brother Michael and I'm so excited to be able to pay my respect to his fans there," Tito said.

He will join Gladys Knight on her Midnight Train To Love - Farewell Tour.
The soul legend's final UK tour will see her perform her Las Vegas show complete with a 19-piece band.

"To be able to do this whilst supporting our dear friend Gladys is a complete blessing," said Tito

"Not many people know this, but it was actually Gladys who introduced my brothers and I to Berry Gordy which led to our signing to Motown Records and the rest, as they say, is history."

Tickets for the tour are on sale now priced at £40 and £50.
Prior to Tito's tour, Jermaine Jackson is putting together a star-studded tribute concert to celebrate the King of Pop's life at the Schoenbrunn Palace in Vienna on September 26.

Michael Jackson died on June 25 of a cardiac arrest.
This week it was confirmed the late singer's body will be laid to rest on what would have been his 51st birthday.

Tickets on sale now. He is supporting Gladys Knight's tour.
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Gladys-Knight-tickets/artist/735460

Source: Sky News

Last edited:
Re: Tito Jackson To Pay Tribute To MJ In UK Tour

Sounds allright. Tickets arnt on sale yet though i couldnt see them on Ticketmaster

Did all members of the family waited for him to die, so they could fly on the wave?

Bollywood to pay Video Tribute to Michael Jackson

Bollywood to pay Video Tribute to Michael Jackson

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090820/ennew_afp/entertainmentusjacksonindiabollywood_20090820062125;_ylt=AuXIR0W5aohKi8Wj0GcQP.DLOrgF;_ylu=X3oDMTE2bWZsdGExBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN5bl9wcmludHBhZ2UEc2xrA2JhY2t0b3N0b3J5

Thu Aug 20, 2:20 am ET

MUMBAI (AFP) – Top Bollywood stars are to pay tribute to the late US singer Michael Jackson with a music video to be aired on what would have been his 51st birthday, a report said on Thursday.

Leading film composer Vishal Dadlani was quoted by the Mumbai Mirror newspaper as saying that the video was called "We Lived In His World".:) It would be aired on television on August 29, the daily tabloid added. Jackson, whose sudden death in June shocked his millions of fans around the world, was due to be buried on the same day, his family said this week.

"The King of Pop" played a sell-out gig in India's entertainment capital Mumbai in 1996. Bollywood stars, film directors, choreographers and musicians have cited him as a major influence on their work.
Quoting an unnamed source, the Mumbai Mirror said the "We Lived In His World" video had been spearheaded by actor Shahrukh Khan and his production company Red Chillies.

Dadlani is one half of the music directing duo Vishal-Shekhar responsible for the film scores on some of Bollywood's biggest films, including "Om Shanti Om" and "Salaam Namaste".
The Jackson tribute would reportedly include messages from Khan and fellow actors Hrithik Roshan, Shahid Kapoor, Katrina Kaif and Priyanka Chopra among others. No one had asked for payment for the tribute, the newspaper said.

The Mumbai Mirror said this week that A.R. Rahman, who won two Oscars this year for his music on the hit film "Slumdog Millionaire" was making a tribute album to Jackson.

Rahman has previously described the singer as an inspiration.

Last edited:

Huh?
the report starts off saying he will be doing a UK solo tour and then says he's going to be support act for Gladys.
Which is it? I'll pay to see a Tito gig, but I'm not sure I want to see him as a support for Gladys.

Re: Bollywood to pay Video Tribute to Michael Jackson

Oh no. Remember Bollywood Thriller? :D

There is no claarification on a solo tour or supporting act to Gladys Knight. I've brought my tickets anyway for the Cardiff show. Report says he will perform 8 dates in the UK.

Wasnt Tito going to do a show in Devon last year?

But didnt he burn the venue down or something because no1 bought tickets

Right Round, Baby

Michael Jackson, Ms. Shields’s onetime soul mate, was doubtless the most irresistible pop-cultural phenomenon to emerge from the ’80s, and so it is logical that the singer’s “Thriller” wardrobe would be sampled by fashion’s early adopters even before his death in June.
“Everyone’s been feeling ‘Thriller’ for a while now,” Ms. Wills said of Screaming Mimi’s. “We’ve already seen the studded leather jacket in fashion.” And come fall, she added, “that’s all anybody’s going to be looking for.”

Did all members of the family waited for him to die, so they could fly on the wave?

My thoughts exactly. You have just earned yourself quote of the day:clapping:

That's not fair. Tito was already planning to release a CD and tour before MJ died. He even was on tv in Britain promoting it in January of this year.

wtf what the hell is wrong with these people?!!!
i totally agree with you Conspiracy. they make me sick :(

Couldn't say better! Why they didn't performed when Mike was alive? :huh: oh sorry,NOW they pay tribute to MJ ...But they could show they respect to him as a musician and brother then when MJ was alive. Although that's just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong...

Last edited:

Wembley stadium? In October? Will be cold.

Do some of you honestly expect the family to do nothing for the rest of their lives because of Michael.

Get over it, they each have lives to live and being a musical family they are entitled to pursue that.

Bravado Selected as Exclusive Merchandiser for Iconic Superstar Michael Jackson

Global Merchandiser Announces New Agreement with The Estate of Michael Jackson

NEW YORK, Aug. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Bravado, the world's leading global music merchandising company, has entered into an agreement with the estate of Michael Jackson to be the exclusive manufacturer and distributor of merchandise for one of the most successful, prolific and iconic artists of all time, Michael Jackson. The announcement was made today by John Branca and John McClain, the Co-Special Administrators for the Estate of Michael Jackson, and Tom Bennett, Chief Executive Officer of Bravado.

This new agreement builds upon the deal already in place between Bravado and AEG Live that placed Bravado as the exclusive merchandiser for Mr. Jackson's tour at The 02 arena in London. With this new deal, which has been done directly between the Estate and Bravado, the company will now exclusively create, market and distribute the majority of Michael Jackson-related products on a global basis.

"Bravado is the perfect partner for the Estate on Michael Jackson merchandise," stated Messrs. Branca and McClain. "The reputation of Tom and his team for creating compelling merchandise and providing strong product support is stellar. We are delighted to be working with them."

"We are thrilled to expand our services to become the exclusive merchandiser for Michael Jackson-related products," commented Mr. Bennett. "Creating this new line alongside Michael was a privilege of a lifetime; it truly celebrates Michael's unmistakable style and irreplaceable talent, and helps commemorate and preserve the legacy that is Michael Jackson."

The new extensive collection of over 200 premium items, which is the only official line of Michael Jackson merchandise available to the public, includes items created in collaboration with the late singer. It is available worldwide through http://www.MichaelJacksonMerch.com, as well as through such leading retailers as Hot Topic, Target, Old Navy and JCPenney, among many others.

About Bravado

Bravado, the only global, 360 degree full service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a world-wide audience. The company works closely with new & established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Now under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world's largest record company, as well as the group's significant marketing strength. Bravado artists include The Rolling Stones, Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Beyonce, No Doubt, Nickelback, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Elton John, Guns 'N Roses, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Green Day and The Killers, among many others.

SOURCE Universal Music Group

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayR...STORY=/www/story/08-20-2009/0005080766&EDATE=

Wasnt Tito going to do a show in Devon last year?

But didnt he burn the venue down or something because no1 bought tickets

sounds like you take 'The Sun' too seriously. :doh:

Do some of you honestly expect the family to do nothing for the rest of their lives because of Michael.

Get over it, they each have lives to live and being a musical family they are entitled to pursue that.

They meant Wembley Arena, not stadium.

I agree, but think it's the timing that people have trouble with and since MJ has died Jermaine, Joe and La Toya seem to be doing alot of media, which I'm sure they must be getting paid for.

*sigh* guess I'll keep my trap shut on this one.

sounds like you take 'The Sun' too seriously. :doh:

Lmao what? It wasnt on The Sun?

It was when they did that Jackson party in Devon, and he had to cancel his show because of a fire, or the fact he was charging something like £50 for tickets

I agree, but think it's the timing that people have trouble with and since MJ has died Jermaine, Joe and La Toya seem to be doing alot of media, which I'm sure they must be getting paid for.

So the family keep their mouths shut, say absolutely nothing and still they'd be criticised for seemingly doing nothing. They can never win really.

Back