Cycling for charity - A dedication to my dad for The British Heart Foundation

thrillerchild

Proud Member
banner2gl.png

Hey everyone :)

I am cycling from London to Brighton for charity again this year on Sunday 17th June but this time round its for a different reason.

In 2004 I decided to take part in my first British Heart Foundation London to Brighton Bike Ride as part of a team from my then gym. The main reason I wanted to take part was because it was a good cause that was close to home. My dad had a heart attack when I was 6 years old (I'm 28 now), the year after he had his big stroke. He was paralised down his left side ever since then. It wasn't until the gym told me that the charity bike ride is always held on Father's Day each year.

I want to do this year's ride in memory of my dad who passed away in the early hours of Friday 16th December 2011 from heart related issues. It will be especially more meaningful as it will be a fantastic way to honour my dad by doing the bike ride on Father's Day this year.

Click here for a link to my sponsorship page!

**Here* is the website of the British Heart Foundation where you can find information about their great work and how to get involved yourself :)

Dad in his wheelchair
1401_1072757971695_1008536642_30239322_5826_n.jpg

I know there are thousands of great causes out there but I will be eternally grateful if even a small amount can be donated.

L.O.V.E.

Last edited:
Thrillerchild,

First of all I'm sorry for the loss of your father! My sincere condolences, I had no idea! :heart:

When I can I will donate some to your worthy cause. I love what you're doing and I hope many more will follow!

You are the best!

I'm very touched by this,thrillerchild. :hug: I lost my Father November 6th, 2006 to a very similar situation.
:angel:

:heart:
souldreamer7

Last edited:
Back