Culkin Returns to Film After Sister's Death

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
http://www.popeater.com/movies/article/kieran-culkin-talks-family-and-coping/416035

April 6) - Proving that he's stepping out from his older brother's shadow, Kieran Culkin opened up to Interview about his family, his sister's death and his new film, 'Lymelife.' Read the compelling interview below.

How are you and your family coping with your sister’s death?: "It's been a rough couple of months. I won't speak for anyone else, but I'm doing okay. That's the point of doing this interview and stuff. For a little while there, I wasn't going to do any press. I wasn't going to do Sundance. This was all a sort of getting-out-of-bed-and-start-walking thing."
Why did you take a seven-year hiatus from acting?: "I was just sort of young and went with the flow. It wasn't like I was 6 and knew I wanted to be an actor. I was thinking more along the lines of, I’m 6. When I was 20 I realized, I've never really thought about what I want to do. So I took a bunch of time off, stopped answering my phone, stopped doing anything. I'm pretty sure this is what I want to do, but I needed to be sure. It took me about two years to come around."
What grabbed you about the script for 'Lymelife'?: "It's the basic questions that always throw me ... I don't know. I always try to look at it as a whole. When I read a script this good, do I want to be part of it? Also, I'd been part of it for seven years before we started shooting [He participated in an early reading of the movie at the Sundance Filmmakers Lab in 2001], and so had my brother Rory. He jokes that he's been part of it for half his life. It was just a really well-written thing, and I was waiting for it to come together. I went to school with one of the writers, Steven Martini. He was seven grades above me."
Skip over this content

&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp

What was it like to work with Alec Baldwin in 'Lymelife'?: "He's intense. He had ideas about that big scene. 'You can grab me by the throat, you can throw me against the wall, you can do whatever you want.' It was like, Great! That's just awesome that he would do that. I meant to reciprocate. But I didn't. He took it upon himself to just smack the sh-- out of me. I thought, All right, he just hit the sh-- out of me. I didn't say okay -- I guess he assumed I was down for that. But that was actually really cool."
What is it like working with your siblings?: "The first time [Rory and I] didn't actually work together. He played the younger version of who I played in 'Igby Goes Down.' There's a lot of that. My brother Chris and I worked together when he was 10 and I was 6. My sister Quinn and my brother Mac worked together in 'The Good Son.' It's always been going on with the Culkins. I worked with Mac in that 'Home Alone' thing. Ha! I say "worked with," and I was 7. I was told where to stand and say my lines. I had to give a bio for a play I was doing, and I asked my manager to do it. She wrote, 'His first role was as McCallister in 'Home Alone.' He reprised the role in 'Home Alone 2.' I called her and said, 'I did not reprise the f--king role. I was 8! Get out of here!'"

Wow...hope his film does good. Mac has great potential and he is an amazing actor...but he's just missing that guiding light. Hope things will work out for him with this comeback. I mean they have for a certain friend of his and HOW !! lol :p

http://www.popeater.com/movies/article/kieran-culkin-talks-family-and-coping/416035

April 6) - Proving that he's stepping out from his older brother's shadow, Kieran Culkin opened up to Interview about his family, his sister's death and his new film, 'Lymelife.' Read the compelling interview below.

How are you and your family coping with your sister’s death?: "It's been a rough couple of months. I won't speak for anyone else, but I'm doing okay. That's the point of doing this interview and stuff. For a little while there, I wasn't going to do any press. I wasn't going to do Sundance. This was all a sort of getting-out-of-bed-and-start-walking thing."
Why did you take a seven-year hiatus from acting?: "I was just sort of young and went with the flow. It wasn't like I was 6 and knew I wanted to be an actor. I was thinking more along the lines of, I’m 6. When I was 20 I realized, I've never really thought about what I want to do. So I took a bunch of time off, stopped answering my phone, stopped doing anything. I'm pretty sure this is what I want to do, but I needed to be sure. It took me about two years to come around."
What grabbed you about the script for 'Lymelife'?: "It's the basic questions that always throw me ... I don't know. I always try to look at it as a whole. When I read a script this good, do I want to be part of it? Also, I'd been part of it for seven years before we started shooting [He participated in an early reading of the movie at the Sundance Filmmakers Lab in 2001], and so had my brother Rory. He jokes that he's been part of it for half his life. It was just a really well-written thing, and I was waiting for it to come together. I went to school with one of the writers, Steven Martini. He was seven grades above me."
Skip over this content

&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp

What was it like to work with Alec Baldwin in 'Lymelife'?: "He's intense. He had ideas about that big scene. 'You can grab me by the throat, you can throw me against the wall, you can do whatever you want.' It was like, Great! That's just awesome that he would do that. I meant to reciprocate. But I didn't. He took it upon himself to just smack the sh-- out of me. I thought, All right, he just hit the sh-- out of me. I didn't say okay -- I guess he assumed I was down for that. But that was actually really cool."
What is it like working with your siblings?: "The first time [Rory and I] didn't actually work together. He played the younger version of who I played in 'Igby Goes Down.' There's a lot of that. My brother Chris and I worked together when he was 10 and I was 6. My sister Quinn and my brother Mac worked together in 'The Good Son.' It's always been going on with the Culkins. I worked with Mac in that 'Home Alone' thing. Ha! I say "worked with," and I was 7. I was told where to stand and say my lines. I had to give a bio for a play I was doing, and I asked my manager to do it. She wrote, 'His first role was as McCallister in 'Home Alone.' He reprised the role in 'Home Alone 2.' I called her and said, 'I did not reprise the f--king role. I was 8! Get out of here!'"

WE are very proud of you...:clapping:

Last edited:
Back