Cris Judd Talks About Dancing For MJ

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...dancing-for-mj&catid=85:latest-news&Itemid=82

(24-5-2011) Cris Judd, a Los Angeles–based choreographer, director, actor, and producer who worked with Michael Jackson on both the DANGEROUS and HISTORY world tours, recently gave an interview to Backstage.com where he spoke about what an intense experience it was dancing for one of the greatest dancers who ever lived.

"He was a perfectionist," Judd says of the King of Pop. "When we were on tour with him, there were four dancers, and in rehearsal he would make each of us perform the entire two-hour-plus show, one at a time, in front of him. It's just you alone on the stage and him sitting there, arms crossed, watching you. And then he would give you some very precise correction. Like exactly where your thumb and middle finger should be on your hat!"

To read the entire interview, click here.
http://www.backstage.com/bso/dance/cris-judd-found-success-by-watching-and-1005193642.story?imw=Y

Source: MJFC / backstage.com

Great! Thanks for posting! ;)

"He was a perfectionist," Judd says of the King of Pop. "When we were on tour with him, there were four dancers, and in rehearsal he would make each of us perform the entire two-hour-plus show, one at a time, in front of him. It's just you alone on the stage and him sitting there, arms crossed, watching you. And then he would give you some very precise correction. Like exactly where your thumb and middle finger should be on your hat!"

:fear:

I'm imagining nervousness... you dancing in front of man. :unsure:
kermit.gif
Crazy! :wild: :punk:

WOW. Thanks for sharing.

My heart absolutely aches everytime I read something like this - we have truly lossed a genius.

Yup, sounds like our Michael!LOL

It's so sweet he refered to his perfection in that way but it's so sick the person that published the intervew is still referring to Michael like "J**ko", it's Jackson damn it! How hard is writing his complete last name, JACKSON?

After reading it one it occured to me that Michael...was not so successful because he was a genius. I mean, he was very talented, but many people are. His success came as a result of his perfectionism, commitment, honesty and his actual belief that he's capable of great things. He was no better than you and me. He just commited to his craft and knew that, like every person on this planet, he possessed amazing power to change his world and the world aro-und. It's as simple as that. He was not a genius. He was a craftsman, a master because of his dedication. People fail to realize that. THey think: Hey, this guy's so talented, I could never do that! BS... Everyone can. I think Michael wanted to convey that truth to us. But only a few people will listen.

Thanks for the link. And of course the journalist couldn't avoid using J**** word :glare:

Raiden;3399367 said:
After reading it one it occured to me that Michael...was not so successful because he was a genius. I mean, he was very talented, but many people are. His success came as a result of his perfectionism, commitment, honesty and his actual belief that he's capable of great things. He was no better than you and me. He just commited to his craft and knew that, like every person on this planet, he possessed amazing power to change his world and the world aro-und. It's as simple as that. He was not a genius. He was a craftsman, a master because of his dedication. People fail to realize that. THey think: Hey, this guy's so talented, I could never do that! BS... Everyone can. I think Michael wanted to convey that truth to us. But only a few people will listen.

I disagree. And think MJ’s genius is minimized because of the arena his genius was in. That is pop music. Pop music and pop entertainment just doesn’t have the same auspicious cachet as the other arts.

For instance, if at 5 years old, a child is able to play a piano with exceptional dexterity, and practices and practices because of his talent and his passion for it, and by nine years old, is able to perform classical recitals that have audiences and pros regaling his gifts, and by the time he is an adolescent, his passion and perfectionism has reached a peak where he is said to be on a par with Mozart and other classical greats. And then in his 20’s his performances become so innovative, creative, and magnetic that he inspires and sets a new standard for practically every classical performer who comes after him, that person would be considered a genius.

But Michael, who was and did all of the above with his singing and dancing abilities in the pop arena is relegated to someone who was talented but was more a product of his perfectionism and other learned traits, rather than because of his exceptional gifts—which basically is what a genius has.

I remember some critics being appalled by MJ being called a genius and made the crazy comparison statements that he was no Michaelangelo. Of course, he wasn’t a genius painter. But he was a genius in his chosen world of artistry.

If all it takes is talent, passion, perfectionism and nonstop practicing, we'd have more MJ's out there, and we don't.

Last edited:
MsCassieMollie;3393031 said:
http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...dancing-for-mj&catid=85:latest-news&Itemid=82

(24-5-2011) Cris Judd, a Los Angeles–based choreographer, director, actor, and producer who worked with Michael Jackson on both the DANGEROUS and HISTORY world tours, recently gave an interview to Backstage.com where he spoke about what an intense experience it was dancing for one of the greatest dancers who ever lived.

To read the entire interview, click here.
http://www.backstage.com/bso/dance/cris-judd-found-success-by-watching-and-1005193642.story?imw=Y

Source: MJFC / backstage.com

Jesus Christ! It must be NERVE-WRACKING and at the same time such an incredible privilege and blessing to dance alone for two hours infront of THE master, THE genius, the GRAETEST ENTERTAINER that ever lived!

Man it must of been nerve wrecking for mj's dancers but the werid thing is i didnt get much of that vibe from mj on TII. Im not saying this in a bad way but from the way chris was talking, he made it sound like mj was like really really i dont know stern on them.

Back