Cream Magazine: 1983 Michael Jackson Interview

benscarr

Proud Member
Interview: Michael Jackson

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/28/michael-jackson-interview

In 1983, Sylvie Simmons, writing for the leading US rock magazine Creem, interviewed the 24-year-old star on the set for the video of 'Beat It' - one of the many classic songs from his new LP, Thriller, which was to become the biggest selling album of all time. She found a driven artist at the height of his powers, an assured performer on stage, but also a gentle soul who found the attentions of fans unbearable

Michael-Jackson-002.jpg
Michael Jackson in the 1980s Photograph: Kevin Winter/Getty

Downtown between the Pacific American Fish Co and the Hotel St Agnes Hospitality Kitchen there's an alley. Cars block each end, no escape. And, silhouetted in the car headlights, two rival LA gangs are swaggering towards each other. A couple of people pop their heads out of the hotel window, mutter something incomprehensible and go back to sleep. Down below in the smoke, the gangs are getting closer. They look mean. Those Cripps, the ones with the blue bandannas, look really mean, slapping their fists in their hands and scowling and getting closer. Then someone switches on a tape machine and a bit of "Beat It" blares out into the night ...
"Magic" - says Michael Jackson, who talks a lot about magic - "is easy if you put your heart into it." There can't be that many things much more magic than standing around in downtown LA in the middle of the night watching marauding hordes stand to attention when someone with a fruity English accent gives the command. This particular bit of sorcery will, by the time you read this, be the video for "Beat It", Michael Jackson's new single. This song's about machismo; so's the video. Michael wakes up in some sleazy downtown bedroom in a cold sweat; he's had a dream about the upcoming punch-up and has to go stop it. He leaps out of bed, seriously endangering the lives of a whole family of cockroaches.
Back in the warehouse they're doing the choreographed fight sequence. The real gang members stand on the edges while a dozen or so imitation gang members, professional dancers, dance and wave knives.
All this time, a thin, long-fingered man in a brown leather jacket too big for him, is sipping orange juice, gazing wide-eyed and curious at the dancers and the monitors, nodding his head soberly in time to the music, his foot on automatic tap. Michael Jackson looks fascinated by the whole thing. It's three in the morning before he gets his go. He's to come in, break up the fight and lead them dancing out of a warehouse. Pied Piper meets Peter Pan. Dawn was breaking by the time they finished; Michael Jackson wasn't.
Where the man gets his energy from no one knows. It's certainly not drugs - he doesn't touch them and rarely drinks. It's certainly not raw meat - Michael's a strict vegetarian and wouldn't eat at all given an alternative; he fasts and dances every Sunday and manages to live to start another week. Michael Jackson manages to do more in a week than most manage in a decade. In the time it took Supertramp to get the right piano sound, Michael sang harmonies with Donna Summer, backing vocals with Joe King Carrasco, wrote and produced "Muscles" for Diana Ross, wrote and sang "The Girl is Mine" with Paul McCartney, and did a song for a narrated ET album, gathered together everyone from Vincent Price to Eddie Van Halen to help out with his solo album, and still had time for his pet llama, snake and parrots.
Just back from England (a couple more tunes with Macca, whom he met at a Hollywood cocktail party at silent comedian Harold Lloyd's place and swapped phone numbers: "I love Paul, Linda and family very much."), he's already planning projects with Gladys Knight, Jane Fonda, Barbra Streisand, Katharine Hepburn, and Freddie Mercury of Queen, his old pal. Not to mention working on a film with Steven Spielberg ("a futuristic fantasy with music") and an album with the Jacksons. Remember the Jacksons? Michael's been their singer and choreographer ever since his dad Joe Jackson - one-time head of a Chuck Berry cover band in Indiana, the Falcons - noticed the five-year-old's nifty James Brown impersonations.
The songs, ideas, energy come from God, he reckons - the man's a devoted Jehovah's Witness, He'll just wake up in the night and there they are. Several more million sellers. His first solo album, Off the Wall, sold seven million copies. Thriller's not exactly ready for the cut-out bins yet. The first act in history, no less, to top the pop and R&B singles and albums charts all at the same time ...
I talked to Jackson before the video shoot. In a three-story condo in the San Fernando Valley - where Michael is staying while they rebuild his family house five miles down the road - filled with books, plants, art-work, animals, organic juices and nephews and cousins and siblings of the Jackson family. La Toya was there in a cowboy hat. Little sister Janet was there to parrot my questions to Michael. Oh, I forgot, and there was a record collection ranging from Smokey Robinson to Macca, with stops at funk, new wave, classical and just about anything else.
"James Brown, Ray Charles, Jackie Wilson, Chuck Berry and Little Richard - I think they had strong influences on a lot of people, because these were the guys who really got rock'n'roll going. I like to start with the origin of things, because once it gets along it changes. It's so interesting to see how it really was in the beginning."
Michael's got a tiny, otherworldly voice. You've heard him described as childlike and angelic. You will again. He's painfully shy, stares at his hands, his shoes, his sister, anywhere he can forget there's an interviewer around.
He goes on: "I like to do that with art also. I love art. Whenever we go to Paris I rush to the Louvre. I just never get enough of it! I go to all the museums around the world. I love art. I love it too much, because I end up buying everything and you become addicted. You see a piece you like and you say, Oh God, I've got to have this ...
"I love classical music. I've got so many different compositions. I guess when I was real small in kindergarten and hearing Peter and the Wolf and stuff - I still listen to that stuff, it's great, and Boston Pops and Debussy, Mozart, I buy all that stuff. I'm a big classical fan. We've been influenced by all kinds of different music - classical, R&B, folk, funk - and I guess all those ingredients combine to create what we have now.
"I wouldn't be happy doing just one kind of music or label ourselves. I like doing something for everybody... I don't like our music to be labelled. Labels are like ... racism."
How does he choose who he works with? Anybody who asks?
"I choose by feeling and instinct," says Michael.
What does he get out of them?
"I feel it would be... magic."
Then again, you've got to keep in mind the man lives for his work.
"My career is mainly what I think about. It's hard to juggle your responsibilities around - my music here, my solo career, my movies there, TV and everything else."
Is that what makes you happy?
"Yes. That's what I'm here for really. It's like Michelangelo or Leonardo da Vinci," his voice trails off; he looks torn between sounding immodest and telling the truth, which, as he sees it, is that talent comes from God anyway, so don't go patting him on the back. "Still, today, we can see their work and be inspired by it."
So, as long as there are stereos, Michael Jackson lives?
"Yes. I'd like to just keep going and inspire people and try new things that haven't been done."
To what extent has his belief in divinity influenced his life?
"I believe in God. We all do. We like to be straight, don't go crazy or anything. Not to the point of losing our perspective on life, of what you are and who you are. A lot of entertainers, they make money and they spend the rest of their life celebrating that one goal they reached, and with that celebration comes the drugs and the liquor and the alcohol. And then they try to straighten up and they say, 'Who am I? Where am I? What happened?' And they lost themselves, and they're broken. You have to be careful and have some kind of discipline."
Is he a very self-disciplined person? "I'm not an angel, I know. I'm not like a Mormon or an Osmond or something where everything's straight. That can be silly sometimes. It goes too far."
It must be hard being an angel when you're acknowledged as one of the sexiest performers around, have girls camping in your backyard and the like.
"I wouldn't say I was sexy! But I guess that's fine if that's what they say. I like that in concert. That's neat."
What isn't neat is: "Like you run into a bunch of girls, which I do all the time, you'll drive outside and there'll be all these girls standing on the corner and they'll start bursting into screaming and jumping up and down and I'll just sink into my seat. That happens all the time ... Everyone knew where we lived before, because it was on the Map To The Stars Homes, and they'd come round with cameras and sleeping bags and jump the fence and sleep in the yard and come in the house - we found people everywhere. Even with 24-hour guards they find a way to slip in. One day my brother woke up and saw this girl standing over him in his bedroom. People hitch-hike to the house and say they want to sleep with us, stay with us, and it usually ends up that one of the neighbours takes them in. We don't let them stay. We don't know them."
More tales of crazy fans. One girl who tried to blow them up; another who screams at him in supermarkets. Must get a bit tough knowing who's your friend sometimes.
"It does become difficult. It's hard to tell, and sometimes I get it wrong. Just the force of feeling, or if a person's just nice without knowing who you are."
Lonely at the top? "We know lots and lots of people because we have such a big family. But [I've got] maybe two, three good friends."
Things weren't much different when he was growing up in Gary, Indiana. He remembers "a huge baseball pitch at the back of where I lived and children playing and eating popcorn and everything" and not being allowed to join in, but still reckons: "I didn't really feel left out. We got a lot in exchange for not playing baseball in the summer. My father was always very protective of us, taking care of business and everything.
"We went to school, but I guess we were even different then, because everyone in the neighbourhood knew about us. We'd win every talent show and our house was loaded with trophies. We always had money and we could buy things the other kids couldn't, like extra candy and extra bubblegum - our pockets were always loaded and we'd be passing out candy. That made us popular! But mostly we had private schooling. I only went to one public school in my life.
"I tried to go to another one here, but it didn't work, because a bunch of fans would break into the classroom, or we'd come out of school and there'd be a bunch of kids waiting to take pictures and stuff like that. We stayed at that school a week. The rest was private school with other entertainment kids or stars' kids, where you wouldn't have to be hassled."
But spending your life almost exclusively with your brothers and sisters - doesn't it get claustrophobic?
"Honestly, it doesn't, and I'm not just saying that to be polite."
Not even when they're on the road?
"No. We're so silly when we're on the road. We play games, we throw things at each other. It seems like when you're under pressure you find some kind of escapism to make up for that - because the road is a lot of tensions: work, interviews, fans grabbing you, everybody wants a piece of you, you're always busy, the phones ringing all night with fans calling you, so you put the phone under the mattress, then the fans knock at the door screaming, you can't even get out of the room without them following you. It's like you're in a goldfish bowl and they're always watching you."
How do you escape the madness?
"I go to museums and learn and study. I don't do sports - it's dangerous. There's a lot of money being counted on, and we don't want to risk anything. My brother hurt his leg in a basketball game and we had to cancel the concert, and just because of him having an hour of fun, thousands of people missed the show, and we were being sued left and right because of a game. I don't think it's worth it ... I try to be real careful."
Even about talking to the press. Another reason he hates interviews is a fear of being misquoted. Magazines he reckons, "can be so stupid sometimes that I want to choke them! I say things and they turn it all around. Once I made a quote - I care about starvation and I love children and I want to do something about the future. And I said, one day I'd love to go to India and see the starving children and really see what it feels like. And they wrote that Michael Jackson gets a kick out of seeing children starve, so you can see what kind of person he is!"
You wonder how someone so sweet and shy and childlike gets to be such a demon onstage.
"I just do it really. The sex thing is kind of spontaneous. It really creates itself."
So you don't practise being sexy in front of the mirror?
"No! Once the music plays, it creates me. The instruments move me, through me, they control me. Sometimes I'm uncontrollable and it just happens - boom, boom, boom! - once it gets inside you."
Michael has complete control over every aspect of his career. And he criticises his own efforts more than anyone else's: "I'm never satisfied with what I do. I always think I can do it a lot better."
Anyway, as we told you already he's going to be working on a film with Steven Spielberg. "I love Steven," says Michael. "I can't really tell you anything about the project. I will say Steven is my favourite director, and that he's looked long and hard for the right property."
Just heard that Francis Ford Coppola wants to do Peter Pan with him as the lead. And we at Creem haven't seen such a blatant bit of typecasting since Sly Stone made his fortune playing mindless beefcake. At 24, doesn't it get on his nerves being referred to as a "child"?
"I don't mind. I feel I'm Peter Pan as well as Methusalah, and a child. I love children so much. Thank God for children. They save me every time!
But how about a film of his own life, then? Will we ever get to see a film of Michael Jackson's magical life?
"No. I'd hate to play my own life story," he grimaces. "I haven't lived it yet! I'll let someone else do it."
© Sylvie Simmons, 1983

http://www.rocksbackpages.com/article.html?ArticleID=13907

Disc and Music Echo - 1972
Michael Jackson: The One Who Got Away

Phil Symes, Disc and Music Echo, 18 March 1972

THE MOST amazing thing about little Michael Jackson's solo success is how calmly he's taking it all. "I think it's great," is all he says talking from Los Angeles half an hour or so after finishing school for the day.
Michael as you probably are already aware is the 14-year-old lead singer of Motown's most phenomenal group, The Jackson 5, who in just the two years they've been with the company have notched up five gold singles and a couple of gold albums.
Questioned about reasons behind him recording solo he's pretty quick off the mark: "It don't have nothing to do with me quitting the group. It's just that I wanted to do it," he says before you even get a chance to broach the subject of a split. "I could never go solo, not with the group being a family thing. It would be like breaking away from the family.
"Anyway the other guys are doing some solo things too. But we're still recording as a group. We're working on another album right now which should be coming out shortly."
It's hard not to suspect that Michael's solo career was partly prompted by the incredible success of Donny Osmond, young lead singer of the Osmond Brothers, who as soon as the Jackson 5 broke adopted the same style and became equally as popular in America. But Michael denies it.
"No, that had nothing to do with it. I just wanted to try it," he says. And considering this is his first interview on his own his confidence is frightening. "People seem to think that because the Osmond Brothers became big with records that sounded something like ours we should have something against them. But it's not like that. I think they're a good group and don't have nothing against them."
Michael's solo success has more recently overshadowed the achievements of the group as a whole. For instance it went almost unnoticed that while Michael was resting at No. 1 in the American charts with 'Got To Be There' the group was only a few places below with 'Sugar Daddy'.
But Motown are going to make sure the group doesn't get ignored. There's a TV special planned – "It's called Hell's A Poppin and it's going to be really great" – plus a tour of the U.S. in the Easter. Michael's looking forward to that.
"I really like appearing. The first time I went on stage I was so scared but now I'm never afraid. Some times I don't like leaving the stage.
"Also I enjoy touring because I like travelling. I like staying in different hotels and I like meeting different people. It's fun." He says he's always wanted most of all to get over to England and hopes to get here before the end of the year.
A lot of people must have wondered whether his solo success was just a one-time thing, but he's already showing that isn't the case at all. Right now he's back high in the U.S. chart with his second single 'Rockin' Robin'.
Actually the track was never planned as a single. It was just one of the tracks on his Got To Be There album but disc jockeys started playing it so much Motown were forced to lift it as a single. It should be another No. 1 hit.
His album too is selling in great quantities. It was produced by The Corporation, the Motown team of writers and producers behind all the Jackson's hits and contains among the tracks his versions of Carole King's 'You've Got A Friend' and Supremes' oldie 'Love Is Here And Now You're Gone'. Michael doesn't have much say in the selection of his material "but," he says, "if I feel I'd like to comment on a song I do and the producers take notice of what I say."
For a little man of such star status his outside activities are really quite down to earth. When he's not singing or recording he likes to play basketball or to draw.
He gets an allowance of five dollars a week and spends most of that on "art supplies; paint and stuff like that."
Mum and Dad Jackson have kept his feet firmly on the ground and never let all this fan worship and public limelight go to his head. Not that it seems it ever could. Ask him about the future and he says: "I hope to still be doing the same thing but I hope to go to college. I want to get a good education. That's very important"
That's why the only time he gets for interviews is after school-hours and personal appearances have to be restricted to weekends and holidays.
"You'll have to excuse me now," he says, "but I've got to go to a session." You can bet it wasn't an all nighter either. Mum Jackson has Michael tucked up well before midnight.
© Phil Symes, 1972

http://www.rocksbackpages.com/article.html?ArticleID=4564

Sunday Times Article 1984

Michael Jackson: Inside the Jackson Dream Machine

Mick Brown, Sunday Times, 5 August 1984
IN THE Helmsley Palace Hotel, New York – an establishment whose style is best described as neo-Liberace – the lobby was filling up with Michael Jacksons.

Lookalikes were everywhere. Under a gilt chandelier, a teenage Michael Jackson in a bandsman's uniform stood beside a girl in a wheelchair, self-consciously toying with his dark glasses. Nearby, in front of a full-length gilt mirror, a younger, minuscule Michael Jackson – in sequined jacket and a single white glove – practiced spins and turns before the bemused gaze of a group of businessmen, bewildered at finding themselves surrounded by the razzmatazz of the Michael Jackson dream machine.
It is a dream machine with a hard, businesslike edge. The thronged hotel lobby had other occupants – besuited security guards, muscular blacks in tracksuits, armed police in uniform – patrolling unceasingly to ensure that the fans who had penetrated so far would get not further. It was clear that even the horde of Jackson clones stood no chance of storming the special elevators that gave access to the sealed floors, storeys above the lobby, where the Jackson family had taken refuge; grievous bodily harm awaited anyone unwise enough to try.
Outside the hotel, the crowds who had pressed against the police barriers all day also kept a fruitless vigil. No matter that the waiting limousines gave them hope of glimpsing a real Jackson, perhaps even Michael himself. The cars were merely decoys. For the Jackson brothers have reached that exalted station in life where they travel only by service elevators through underground garages and in the back of bread vans.
They are shielded at all times – except on stage – from the public gaze, even on this, the "Jacksons Victory Tour", which is taking all six singing Jackson brothers the length and breadth of America. With more than 40 concerts planned, before 2½m people in four months, it is widely rated as the most lavish extravaganza of American showbiz history.
In his suite, high in the Manhattan fug, Michael Jackson, we were told, was watching television and entertaining a visiting stream of lawyers, accountants and advisers while his personal chef diced organically-grown vegetables for dinner.
True to his religious persuasion as a Jehovah's Witness, however, on this – as on each of the other three stops on the Jackson tour so far – Michael has ventured into the suburbs to distribute copies of the Watchtower. He is probably the only Jehovah's Witness to do this in disguise, with a special mouthpiece distorting the famous good looks, and false moustache and slouch hat hiding them, and with a vanload of security guards hovering attentively nearby.
And, we were told, he has spent a lot of time in hospitals visiting dying children. At each concert of the tour, squadrons of wheelchairs are propelled along ramps backstage. At some, hospital beds have been wheeled to prominent stageside positions. Neither the sick, the lame nor the dying are excluded from the benediction of the show business event of the decade.
*​
Michael Jackson is unquestionably the biggest phenomenon in entertainment today. Since its release in November 1982, his album Thriller has sold some 40m copies around the world. His total of eight awards at this year's Grammies was unprecedented.
The spin-off merchandising is a vast and still-growing industry. His name and image sell millions of posters, tee-shirts, even clocks. Soon there is to be a Michael Jackson doll: advance orders have already ensured that it will be the biggest-selling doll in history.
Jackson is said to be very choosy about the quality of products he endorses. He is reputed to have refused between 95% and 99% of the endorsement deals offered to him, turning his back on an extra income of several million dollars over the next three years for merchandising alone. He does not need the money: last year his personal earnings exceeded $50m.
"Michael is very intelligent, very smart," says his lawyer, John Branca. "This is not a Colonel Tom Parker and Elvis situation. Part of him may be a 10-year-old, with all the enthusiasm that implies – that's the part that gets all the publicity. But the other part is a 60-year-old genius. He's the shrewdest artist I've ever come across."
Stunning as Jackson's achievements are, both as a performer and as a commodity, Branca and the rest of his entourage are certain that he will yet conquer even dizzier heights.
Every Hollywood studio has been courting Jackson, vying with ach other to offer the biggest deal in cinema history for a newcomer's first picture. At present he is considering two frontrunners, both specially conceived for him, says Branca, whose recipe for future success is simple: "You couple a major blockbusting film with a major blockbusting soundtrack album," he says. "Think of the sales, then think of the merchandising. For Michael Jackson now, the sky is the limit."
All this seems to infect the people around Jackson with severe attacks of hyperbole. "Forget anything that has ever happened in entertainment before," urged the Jacksons Victory Tour publicist. "This tour is Guatemala, it's El Salvador."
He was referring to the fact that 650 press and television journalists – enough to cover a few minor wars – besieged Kansas City on the opening night of the tour four weeks ago; to the fact that many major newspapers in America now have their own "Jackson desk"; and to the 10,000 requests received for press tickets and interviews with Michael – all of which he has turned down. But he might just as well have been referring to the in-fighting and political intrigue that has beset the tour ever since it was first announced last November: an undignified scrimmage involving lawyers, accountants, promoters, advisers, the Jackson family themselves and, not least, the garrulous black boxing promoter, Don King.
It was King – who made his fortune promoting such fighters as Muhammad Ali and Larry Holmes – who first persuaded the Jackson parents, Joe and Kathleen, that he had the weight and economic muscle to bring together the six Jackson brothers for what is certain to be their last-ever tour together, offering returns said to be as high as $100m.
But King's lack of experience in music promotion, his braggadocio and his domineering manner did not endear him to the Jackson brothers. Michael – who had agreed to do the tour primarily to please the family that had nurtured his career since he was five – took particular umbrage at King. He objected to a $5.5m tour sponsorship deal with Pepsi Cola; he drinks only fresh-squeezed fruit juice. "The notion of him drinking Pepsi is absurd," said one insider. In a terse letter to King, Jackson instructed the promoter that he was to make no more decisions or financial dealings on the singer's behalf.
As the pacts and alignments within the tour shifted and changed, King's official position changed from that of promoter to "presenter". His first de facto successor, Frank Russo, lasted a mere three weeks before being shown the door, leaving only a lawsuit against the Jacksons to remember him by. He was replaced by Chuck Sullivan, another sports promoter with no experience of the music world. Sullivan's knowledge of the vast sports stadia necessary to accommodate the tour, and initial guarantees to the Jackson family of $42m, with $12.5m in advance, secured him the position.
*​
The Herculean task of actually planning and coordinating the tour fell to Larry Larson, a rock group manager and erstwhile television producer. Larson is overseeing what he reminds you is certainly the largest and most expensive tour in musical history: 30 pantechnicons carrying almost 400 tonnes of equipment so costly, it is claimed, that "no one else short of NASA", could afford to launch the tour.
Many of the props are the product of Michael Jackson's own apparently tormented imagination. Computer-controlled metal "spiders", constructed by Disney engineers, ensnare the group on stage. There are 12ft-high "Kreetons" – Fraggle-like creations that lumber spectacularly on stage at the show's beginning. Jackson demands the best, say Larson, and is not afraid to pay for it. When Kreeton manufacturers – of whom there suddenly transpired to be a surprising number in greater Los Angeles – submitted estimates, Jackson did not hesitate to choose the most expensive.
Larson has also been charged with overseeing production of the innumerable Jackson tour tee-shirts, headbands, pendants, programmes – "thirty-two pages of the very finest printing..." – gewgaws and knick-knacks. Their sale is expected to bring in almost as much revenue as ticket sales. He is also responsible for the delicate task of establishing a tone of moral rectitude within the tour appropriate to the Jacksons' carefully wholesome image. Larson personally watches the 100-strong stage crew to ensure that they are unafflicted by what he terms "attitude problems". They work on the understanding: "If you're wired, you're fired."
The audiences have been overwhelmingly white and middle-class, testimony both to the universality of Michael Jackson's appeal and also perhaps, to the fact that the $30 ticket price is beyond the reach of many young blacks. Larson says that black people are traditionally a "walk-up" audience, unaccustomed to advance bookings, and so are beaten to the coveted tickets.
Even so, the reaction of the black community to the event, and to the Jackson phenomenon, has been ambivalent, expressed both in the accusation of a Black Muslim leader, Louis Farrakhan, that Michael Jackson presents a "sissified" image that blacks should abhor, and in the Jacksons' own attempts to placate the fears of the Black Promoters Association that the tour might be "hijacked" by the while business establishment.
*​
None of this, of course, explains quite why the tour, and Michael Jackson in particular, should have excited the attention they have. Jackson is in many ways the most curious candidate for popular folk-hero status: a celibate, androgynous Jehovah's Witness whose closet friends, it seems, are other products of the entertainment dream machine and, according to rapidly-accumulating myth, the inanimate dummies with which he is said to "converse" in the privacy of his Los Angeles home.
It is undeniable that Michael Jackson fulfills many kinds of hunger, not least that of the American music industry. It has spared to plaudit for a performer whose emergence has arrested both the disastrous slump in record sales of the past four years, and the threatening ascendancy of British music and performers. His use of pop video has also put him in the vanguard of this boom medium.
Then there is simple question of his extraordinary and undoubted talent. When, at last, Jackson came spinning across the vast stage in New York's Meadowlands football stadium on Tuesday night, dazzling and bizarre – helpfully magnified on a giant screen for those at the far end of the ground for whom his presence might otherwise have remained only a matter of speculation – the laser beams, fireworks, special effects and, indeed, the other Jacksons faded into insignificance.
In New York, as throughout the tour, the performance climaxes when he sang the most sentimental confection of his early Motown career, 'I'll Be There'. Beside me, a teenage girl with tears streaming down her face crumpled into her seat. The stadium lights came up – and behold, 44,000 figures, arms aloft and waving, singing euphorically in ecstatic unison. Affluent, well-fed, their faces shining, it was easy to believe in Jacksonland. With an appropriate sense of awe, I realized that I had just witnessed one of the most expensive multiple orgasms in human history.
© Mick Brown, 1984

Thanks very much for sharing these. There are tons of articles that I haven't read about our beloved, unfortunately. These older ones definitely lend some much needed perspective on this amazingly gifted, but much beleaguered man.

Thank you!

Great reads. Imagine mj coming up to your door talking about the word of god.iwould have just spazzed out right there

Back