Crater Renamed On Moon Not True

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
The Lunar Society doesnt have the authority to rename craters on the moon.

michael-jackson-moon-crater-map.jpg

Michael Jackson, one of the largest owners of property on the moon, will have a moon crater named after him in honor of his infamous Moon Walk dance move.

The crater was previously named Posidonius J and is located on an area of the moon known as the Lake of Dreams, or Lacus Somniorum. It is 22 kilometers across, or about 13.5 miles and is located next to a 1,200 acre parcel of moonscape that is owned by Jackson, according to the Lunar Republic Society.

I wonder who did Michael Jackson leave the moon property to in his will? That would have to be the most unusual inheritance anyone on this planer ever received.
[Source: Ryan Seacrest]

Last edited:
Re: MJ Crater Named On Moon Story True?

firstly i would like to knw who owns the moon and gets money for selling parts of moon land, this story could be true b'cos few years back it was on news that ppl were buying parts of the moon, i do wonder how much does it cost

OH God....crazy huh..I dont know about this being true or not but I do know that people have stars named after them.. Like common now why would someone want to buy a star it is not possible..lol. But Michael did want to visit the moon. I remember hearing about this....made me smile..:laugh:

I mean, Michael did do the Moon Walk, it is fitting, but really who owns the solar system? or even a star? are we really that loony here on earth? or do we think we own the universe?
I did hear that on the news somewhere!! But the Media is so dinggy that I am not sure..

This is what my Dad who is an astronomer told me:
Yes they even refer to themselves as lunatics and involve themselves mainly in political issues in Birmingham England.
The Lunar Society Italia however does involve itself with astronomy!!!
The Lunar Society do not have the authority to name any astronomical object - however there has alway been a crater named 'Jackson' it was named after a Mr John Jackson.

How cool is that?!!!? I'll bet the whole world would agree that it is only appropriate to name part of the moon after Michael.

Back