Craig David singing Motown songs on his new upcoming album!

eStyle

Proud Member
I'm a very big fan of Craig David, I like him as much as I like MJ! His new album will come out soon and the idea of him for this one is simply great! He sings some of the classic Motown songs from back then and also he has a few completely new songs. I'm sure something of Michael will be on the album, too!
The newest single of him is out for a few days and is called "One More Lie (Standing In The Shadows". In my opinion it is an awesome tune and a great banger for the clubs!

Check it out on his youtube channel right here:

http://www.youtube.com/craigdavid

[youtube]UZ4Kpx6QE0I[/youtube]

Awesome. I love Craig David! He has a superbly smooth voice. I'd love to hear him tackle motown classics

Awesome. I love Craig David! He has a superbly smooth voice. I'd love to hear him tackle motown classics

I'm glad u like him! :)
He has a great voice, indeed! I love the fact that he always makes accoustic and sings live. This way he's able to prove what he's got. And he's always makin' a freestyle rap part while singin' live, too! Everytime he is performing somewhere he's makin' it accoustic with a freestyle rap included. He can rap so awesome, he's just sooo damn fast - u can't even believe cuz' he's actually a singer! He is really talented, that's no doubt!

Here is a video where he's singin' "Human Nature" accoustic:

[youtube]q6VHUlZbQWE[/youtube]

And here is one with him singin' "Fill Me In" live and accoustic with an incredible fast rap part (listen/watch closely from 2:30 min on):

[youtube]b6tXze-viho[/youtube]

oh lawd no!!!!!!! dude done ran out of ideas and is on the lounge act tip now.

if this don't work there is always work at the post office

I like the new song. I'll be buying this album like I bought all of his other albums :lol:

Craig has a nice voice and he seems like a sweet person. It's sad his career has disappeared somewhere.. I'm interested to hear these covers :)

oh lawd no!!!!!!! dude done ran out of ideas and is on the lounge act tip now.

if this don't work there is always work at the post office

Why? If someone really likes some special kinda music and wants to sing some songs of it, why should this be a problem? If he's makin' his own albums and his own style all the time, his whole career long and then wants to sing some Motown songs cuz' he really likes it and enjoys it - why shouldn't he do it? He always wanted to sing these songs cuz' he never had the oppurtunity to it before, so why not?!
I really love the idea! He's just showing some love to the old Motown artists and also to MJ!

I like the new song. I'll be buying this album like I bought all of his other albums :lol:

Yes, me, too! :D
His albums are incredible, in my opinion!

Craig has a nice voice and he seems like a sweet person. It's sad his career has disappeared somewhere.. I'm interested to hear these covers :)

Sooo true, I totally agree! U expressed exactly what I feel!

:)

I also have two of his albums, Born to do it and Slicker than your average.

That's nice! :)
Born To Do It is surely one of his bests! I'm lovin this album and am listenin to it so often, it never gets boring and I just can't get enough of it!
Slicker Than Your Average is the one I like least, what doesn't mean that it's a bad album, tho'! I just like the other ones more...
A lotta people dislike the "Trust Me" album which is very great in my opinion! This album is totally sick and I'm lovin the tunes and the way Craig is singin' on it! He's playing with his voice very nicely!

I really like his version of One More Lie and he dose have a good voice > imo

Yupp, I agree! ;)
Craig's really talented - he can sing, he can sing live (mostly accoustic, which is awesome), he can rap, he can freestyle, he can spit soooo damn fast etc. etc...
A pity he doesn't get so much respect because he really deserves it in my opinion!

Just listen to this:

[youtube]GUuEKkdniGE[/youtube]

That's nice! :)
Born To Do It is surely one of his bests! I'm lovin this album and am listenin to it so often, it never gets boring and I just can't get enough of it!
Slicker Than Your Average is the one I like least, what doesn't mean that it's a bad album, tho'! I just like the other ones more...
A lotta people dislike the "Trust Me" album which is very great in my opinion! This album is totally sick and I'm lovin the tunes and the way Craig is singin' on it! He's playing with his voice very nicely!

Yupp, I agree! ;)
Craig's really talented - he can sing, he can sing live (mostly accoustic, which is awesome), he can rap, he can freestyle, he can spit soooo damn fast etc. etc...
A pity he doesn't get so much respect because he really deserves it in my opinion!

Just listen to this:

[youtube]GUuEKkdniGE[/youtube]

this video is awsome, I like his voice it sounds somethimes like an angel
:) he always do a great job,I think he´s a great musician...

I loooooove Craig David! I actually just recently listened to his albums again, I kinda forgot how much I love his voice and music. Good on him, I miss hearing new stuff from him.

this video is awsome, I like his voice it sounds somethimes like an angel
:) he always do a great job,I think he´s a great musician...

I'm glad you like him so much, honey! :)

I loooooove Craig David! I actually just recently listened to his albums again, I kinda forgot how much I love his voice and music. Good on him, I miss hearing new stuff from him.

Well, did you listen to his Trust Me or Greatest Hits album? They were pretty new back then, I think Trust Me was end of 2007 and Greatest Hits was summer 2009. Now his newest song is on my very first post in this thread, I guess you've already seen it - it is awesome! :)

Do y'all have a favorite album?
Mine is Born To Do It followed by Trust Me! :)

Yes, I'm actually listening to Trust Me right now! :D I love this album, it's so raw compared to the others. Really good! I didn't get the greatest hits though, I remember I downloaded Hypnotic at the time that was released, has there been any others between then and now? I lost track. :(

Craig David is awesome plus he's from my neck of the woods so I'm supporting the local boy. He loves MJ and has done a lot of his songs in the past. Sounds great!

Yes, I'm actually listening to Trust Me right now! :D I love this album, it's so raw compared to the others. Really good! I didn't get the greatest hits though, I remember I downloaded Hypnotic at the time that was released, has there been any others between then and now? I lost track. :(

That is cool to hear or actually to read... :D
Well, on the greatest hits there were only a few new songs:

Where's Your Love ft. Tinchy Stryder and Rita Ora
Just My Imagination
Insomnia
and the remix version of Walking Away ft. a musician from each country! ;)

If you search on youtube, you'll definitely find some other tracks but I don't know them and they're not on any album! :)

Craig David is awesome plus he's from my neck of the woods so I'm supporting the local boy. He loves MJ and has done a lot of his songs in the past. Sounds great!

Really?
Haha, that's cool! :)

Last edited:
That is cool to hear or actually to read... :D
Well, on the greatest hits they were only a few new songs:

Where's Your Love ft. Tinchy Stryder and Rita Ora
Wasn't My Imagination
Insomnia
and the remix version of Walking Away ft. a musician from each country! ;)

If you search on youtube, you'll definitely find some other tracks but I don't know them and they're not on any album! :)

Really?
Haha, that's cool! :)

Ah yeah, I downloaded Insomnia too! That's such an awesome club track! :D Thanks for that, I'm gonna look them up.

I love Craig David. :wub:

Good to hear, I love his voice! :D

Ah yeah, I downloaded Insomnia too! That's such an awesome club track! :D Thanks for that, I'm gonna look them up.

Yepp, it is a really nice song for the clubs, just like the new one "One More Lie"! :)
The acoustic version of it is also nice:

[youtube]QUWjUFaGC38[/youtube]

Indeed! He's from Southampton, which is 45 mins away from my home town. I also lived in Southampton itself for four years as I went to uni there! He's very cool, I saw him at a football game once!

Cool! Must be great such an experience! :)
Yeah, Craig loves soccer! Of course he does, cuz' he's english! :D
But u never really met him in person, right?

This is just sooooooo hot, it is my favorite!!!!!!!

Check it out:

[youtube]rojLf5zJfsA[/youtube]

I hope with the album after SSD, he goes back to his UKG/ 2step roots. I'd love to hear him doing some bassline tracks

I hope with the album after SSD, he goes back to his UKG/ 2step roots. I'd love to hear him doing some bassline tracks

Well, that's a very interesting topic there!
Everybody's talkin' of him going back to his roots, everybody wants that and I always ask myself the question - why? I mean he can't be doing the same thing, same music over and over again! The Born To Do It and Slicker Than Your Average albums have been very similar to each other at some point. Still the second album was a bit different and had something very special and nice about it, but they were kinda similar, tho! Then he really tried to work on some new stuff, make something new and different. With every album from then he gave us something very special, new and amazing, in my opinion! There are so many people who aren't Craig fans who say, "All of his albums are great", tho' on the other hand there are also many people who are Craig fans who say, "We want the old Craig back". So it comes to a point where I'm askin' myself the question then, "Why do the most of the CD fans want him to go back to his roots and many of the none fans don't really".
I'm lovin' all of his stuff, all his albums he's doing and he did until now! To me it really doesn't matter if he will go back to his roots after this album now or keep on coming with something new - I just love him and especially his voice, of course as I am a guy! :D

By the way, you can preorder his upcoming album now at amazon.com! ;)
Called:

Craig David - Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Well, that's a very interesting topic there!
Everybody's talkin' of him going back to his roots, everybody wants that and I always ask myself the question - why? I mean he can't be doing the same thing, same music over and over again! The Born To Do It and Slicker Than Your Average albums have been very similar to each other at some point. Still the second album was a bit different and had something very special and nice about it, but they were kinda similar, tho! Then he really tried to work on some new stuff, make something new and different. With every album from then he gave us something very special, new and amazing, in my opinion! There are so many people who aren't Craig fans who say, "All of his albums are great", tho' on the other hand there are also many people who are Craig fans who say, "We want the old Craig back". So it comes to a point where I'm askin' myself the question then, "Why do the most of the CD fans want him to go back to his roots and many of the none fans don't really".
I'm lovin' all of his stuff, all his albums he's doing and he did until now! To me it really doesn't matter if he will go back to his roots after this album now or keep on coming with something new - I just love him and especially his voice, of course as I am a guy! :D

By the way, you can preorder his upcoming album now at amazon.com! ;)
Called:

Craig David - Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Don't get wrong, I love all the albums:yes: I just feel he truly shines in dance orientated material like house, bassline, and ukg. I LOVED Where's Your Love and think if it was recorded during the Trust Me sessions, it should've been included instead of Hot Stuff :lol:

I have the album sampler and can't wait to hear the full versions of All Alone Tonight and Signed Sealed Delivered

When he put out Are You Up For This, I was thinking "OH SH*T! CRAIG YOU'RE KILLING IT!!":punk:

If he did a set of songs with the energy of Where's Your Love, Are You Up For This, and Just My Imagination, I'd go crazy:wild:

Don't get wrong, I love all the albums:yes: I just feel he truly shines in dance orientated material like house, bassline, and ukg. I LOVED Where's Your Love and think if it was recorded during the Trust Me sessions, it should've been included instead of Hot Stuff :lol:

I have the album sampler and can't wait to hear the full versions of All Alone Tonight and Signed Sealed Delivered

When he put out Are You Up For This, I was thinking "OH SH*T! CRAIG YOU'RE KILLING IT!!":punk:

If he did a set of songs with the energy of Where's Your Love, Are You Up For This, and Just My Imagination, I'd go crazy:wild:

Alright, got ya now! Thanks for the explanation! :D
Yeah, I agree at some points, it's true! I really love Are You Up For This, too! But this song wasn't on any album, was it? I have never heard of it before, only ran across it on youtube!
I'm so curious bout the new album and so excited, lookin' really forward to listenin' to it - can't wait! :D

I have the album. It's pretty strong. I love his covers of "I Wonder Why" and "Lets Stay Together"

I'll just bring this thread right back up on top again cuz' it seems to be current on the board right now! :)

What the hell was he thinkin'? Where is the period that he wanted to freshen things up?? Now he is singing old songs we already know??

I mean come on :rolleyes:

Back