Could they release the 1995 HBO rehearsals?

HIStory

Proud Member
I just read this in this interview that fans did with Michael back in the 90s:

Michael is looking now at History magazine, at a picture with Marcel Marceau in NY 95
M: It's wonderful! I adore this version of Childhood, it's strange, nobody ever saw it...there are things like that which nobody will ever see...it was wonderful...
M, to Bob: We filmed everything, right?
B&W: Will you ever do this show for HBO one day?
M: No, I don't think so, I worked so much to prepare that show, there was such a pression, people pushing me to do this show no matter what! Then finally, the nature took its course and said "stop", she decided I shouldn't do that show...

http://maljas.republika.pl/wywiady/bw.html

So it was filmed? I'd love to see it.

It'd be a really really nice 25th birthday gift for me =/

It'd be a really really nice 25th birthday gift for me =/

I hope they do release it. The estate seem very critical of stuff to put out, if they don't think it's good enough it won't get released

In terms of unreleased footage it seems as though it's just the Wembley concert they've put out - in terms of a direct here's something new approach. Of course there was unseen footage that Spike Lee chose to put in his documentary.

Surely a DVD of say 'the lost performances' would do well to fans and public alike?

This is why an official collectors label is needed

They could. Like Michael said, everything was filmed. There's a few dozen hours of rehearsals and preparations filmed that could easily be released today. And I'm hoping the estate does so (assuming they still have the film reels).

im glad to know it was shot on film, it would be magical to see something of michael that we have never witnessed, it would be a treat to the eyes, seeing childhood live? would be mesemerising, hope its included in HIStory 25, as a bonus on a short films Blu-Ray & DVD. so much potential for this unique footage, and also possible a stand-alone Blu-Ray/DVD for the fans sold on the official website with unseen rehearsals and preparations, as extras.

Last edited:
im glad to know it was shot on film, it would be magical to see something of michael that we have never witnessed, it would be a treat to the eyes, seeing childhood live? would be mesemerising, hope its included in HIStory 25, as a bonus on a short films Blu-Ray & DVD. so much potential for this unique footage, and also possible a stand-alone Blu-Ray/DVD for the fans sold on the official website with unseen rehearsals and preparations, as extras.

I don't think that he let his crew capture the rehearsals on FILM. I think it's videotaped though.

I don't think that he let his crew capture the rehearsals on FILM. I think it's videotaped though.

Michael said ''everything was filmed.'' if it was recorded on tape, then he would've said ''everything was taped.''

They can release anything they like, but they won't. even if they did, guess what? Probably be like a couple of minutes snippets instead of the full thing.

Michael said ''everything was filmed.'' if it was recorded on tape, then he would've said ''everything was taped.''
In all honesty it could just be an expression. I often say " let's film this" when using my Iphone 5 lol.

I could've sworn I'd seen some footage of the 1995 HBO Rehearsals with Michael and Marcel on Youtube awhile ago from ITN or something.

Anyways,I'd looove to see that,as well as more Bad Tour Rehearsals,HIStory Tour Rehearsals,and *possibly* unseen TII Rehearsals,along with the completed Dome Project films.

I could've sworn I'd seen some footage of the 1995 HBO Rehearsals with Michael and Marcel on Youtube awhile ago from ITN or something.

Anyways,I'd looove to see that,as well as more Bad Tour Rehearsals,HIStory Tour Rehearsals,and *possibly* unseen TII Rehearsals,along with the completed Dome Project films.

Here it is...

I hope!!!!
tumblr_m8pgrqJ7QC1r6kpk7.gif
kermit.gif
:pray:

hope its included in HIStory 25, would be great to see this footage :) i think he got the you rock my world styled look from that advertisement, wouldnt be impossible if he did!

Can add that to the long list of things I want to see

This is as close as we've got at the moment as it was the same year. I think this is the Michael we would see.

http://youtu.be/sLRFYkenot8

Thinking about it......
WHERE IS THE REST of that footage surely the camera continued rolling they didn't just stop filming just as MJ was about to bust out into
Billie Jean!!!!!!!?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the setlist for HBO show was gonna be? I heard that it was gonna be the entire HIStory album but i don't know if that's true

Back