Corey Haim's Mother speaks out about his death

StacyJ

Proud Member
This is what a Mom is supposed to do when her son dies. Notice that Mrs Haim said she was upset about folks saying her son died from 'drugs' .

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Corey...-video/7963292&rss=rss-kabc-ent_story-7963292

Corey Haim's mother opens up about son's death and reveals 'he died in my arms' - see video
Get more: Celeb Lives
Posted 02/16/2011 by Kristina Lopez
Corey Haim's mother gave a candid interview on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday where she revealed that her son died "in my arms" on March 10, 2010.

Related News
Photos:
Photos: Celebrity deaths in 2010"I know the struggles of Hollywood. He was doing fine, he was fully booked from his agent for 2010, he was doing amazing, he was merely sick that day," Judy Haim said. "He died in my arms, I knew it was nothing else, but I didn't know exactly what it was. I had to wait for the coroner's report and the autopsy and all of that stuff. And there were lots of speculations the following day, for sure, and that really upset me."

Judy Haim was referring to the speculation about drugs, which Corey Haim had battled an ongoing addiction with for most of his life, playing a part in his death last year. The "Lost Boys" star died at 38-years-old and an autopsy report ruled that he died as the result of pulmonary edema.

At the time of his death, Judy Haim was battling breast cancer and Corey Haim was helping take care of her. "It's been very difficult, to say the least. I was diagnosed in July 2009," Judy Haim said about her cancer battle. "When they said, 'You have cancer, you have breast cancer,' he tried to make light of it. He was there, holding my hand, he went to every single doctor with me, he went through the chemo with me, part of the radiation in the midst of my radiation."

Judy Haim recalled the night before her son passed away, he felt ill during a game of Frisbee they played together. She told co-host Robin Roberts that she is talking about his death because, "I just want everyone to remember him for the wonderful human being that he was, and a great actor."

Check out the video of Judy Haim's interview and one of Corey Haim's last appearances below.

Back