Converting Religions for Marriage (as Britney Spears is apparently doing)

Wingfoot

Proud Member
Not sure if this is confirmed or not, but found an article about Britney converting religions:
Britney Spears converting to Judaism

'Womanizer' singer Britney Spears is becoming a Jew so she can marry her boyfriend Jason Trawick.

Britney Spears is converting to Judaism.The 'Womanizer' singer is reportedly so keen to marry her agent Jason Trawick she is willing to ditch her Christian faith and become a Jew.
The 27-year-old star has been photographed wearing a Star of David necklace during her world tour and has even recruited a rabbi to help her study the faith.
An insider said: "Britney wants to try the religion Jason was brought up with."
It's not the first time Britney has changed faith. She dabbled in Kabbalah - which is a mystical off-shoot of Judaism - in 2005 after Madonna suggested it.
Meanwhile, Britney's ex-boyfriend Adnan Ghalib has been ordered to stand trial for felony assault with a deadly weapon, battery and hit-and-run after he allegedly tried to run over a court official in February.
The Los Angeles man had been trying to serve the paparazzo with legal papers when he was hit by Adnan's vehicle.
Adnan will be arraigned on July 23. If he is convicted, he faces up to seven years in prison.

http://celebedge.ca/Bang/ContentPos...ine=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False

------------

My question is (whether this article is true or not), what do you think of people converting religions for marriage, or dabbling in different religions?

In the case of Britney, I am not sure whether she studied the religion before deciding to convert, or is just making a rash decision to switch just to marry her agent. Probably the latter. :smilerolleyes:

I saw that on my local Entertainment News channel and I don't know if it's true but I must say a person's religion is their personal choice. I do think they should study and look into it more before they choose to so they can understand what they are getting into.

Back