Contact the Estate

norbat

Proud Member
I want to use a MJ song to a video contest, and can someone please give me the number or mail to Michael Jackson Estate?

Can you give me more info on what the song will be used for? Will it be used commercially?

I tried Google.

If the video is one of the winners, it will been published on www.foo4u.it in few month, no more than that. It's a school contest

Wish you all the best norbat! Make a great video that does Michael Jackson and the entire MJ fan community proud!:)

I will! I got reply and she was very nice, BUT it's not the Estate that would grant the licenses I was requested . I needed to submit my request to the publishers of the song, Warner/Chappell Music (on behalf of Mijac Music). They could let me know who the co-publisher is (for Teddy Riley). I also needed to contact Sony Music for a license to use Michael’s recording. I cold probably contact the local office for each of Warner/Chappell and Sony Music and they can in turn contact the US offices.

The deadline for the movie is Friday, so I don't think that I have enough of time ://

norbat;3294895 said:
I will! I got reply and she was very nice, BUT it's not the Estate that would grant the licenses I was requested . I needed to submit my request to the publishers of the song, Warner/Chappell Music (on behalf of Mijac Music). They could let me know who the co-publisher is (for Teddy Riley). I also needed to contact Sony Music for a license to use Michael’s recording. I cold probably contact the local office for each of Warner/Chappell and Sony Music and they can in turn contact the US offices.

The deadline for the movie is Friday, so I don't think that I have enough of time ://
ohh..I am so sorry that you wont have enough time..I know you would of made MJ proud...:hug:

Sorry for somewhat hijacking this thread, but could I also get the contact details for the Estate for permission/blessing for me to create a documentary on the tribute show I'm currently creating which will be available online sometime in the summer, as well as the mixes of the song I'm using?

If it's for a school project and isn't going to create a profit, I don't see why you would have a problem to continue on with the project

Sorry for somewhat hijacking this thread, but could I also get the contact details for the Estate for permission/blessing for me to create a documentary on the tribute show I'm currently creating which will be available online sometime in the summer, as well as the mixes of the song I'm using?

re-read Norbat's post. The estate is NOT the one who authorizes usage of MJ's songs. Contact Sony & Warner/Chappell

Last edited:
I contacted Warner/Chappel Music, and they said it's nearly impossible to get a Michael Jackson song to a prosject, so if they could help me with this, I have to pay for using the song.. :/

I contacted Warner/Chappel Music, and they said it's nearly impossible to get a Michael Jackson song to a prosject, so if they could help me with this, I have to pay for using the song.. :/

Michael would have happily allowed you to use his songs for your school project for 'free' ofcourse, and I'm sure would even have given you some tips :yes:
...but things are in other people's hands now *sigh*

I've used MJ's music in school projects before...as have millions of his fans I'm sure. I don't think you need to worry about it, so long as your not making a profit. I say just do it

Back