Proud Member
I've only been to a few but heres who i have seen

Iron Maiden
Queen & Paul Rodgers
Metallica
U2

Justin Timberlake
Bon Jovi
Poison/Ozzy Osbourne/Whitesnake (all in one night)
Westlife.
Rihanna/Chris Brown
Def Leppard
Kanye West
& im heading to Basshunter in october :)

Justin Timberlake
Bon Jovi
Westlife.
Rihanna/Chris Brown
Def Leppard
Kanye West

Wow such different Concert enviroments all my ones have been Rock Concerts so i dunno what Pop ones are like lol, the Atmohsphere at Rock gigs is amazing

3 John Mayer concerts
3 Phish concerts
The Decemberists
Railroad Earth (i'm sure none of you have heard of them though)
The Roots
Maroon 5
Sheryl Crowe

Think that's about it...I don't think my bro's concerts count, lol!

Justin Timberlake
Bon Jovi
Westlife.
Rihanna/Chris Brown
Def Leppard
Kanye West

Wow, cool! How is Kanye West in concert? He sounds interesting to see live.

I have to preface this with the explanation that I live 2 blocks from Lincoln Park, an outdoor venue that has a ton of summer concerts each year. Many of them are acts from the "past", but it hasn't stopped me from buying season tickets, rarely have I been disappointed. I think word got around to the performers that it is a beautiful outdoor venue with duck ponds, blocks of trees/flowers/water pools with gorgeous fountaines, etc; and with really enthusiastic sold out audiences.

An interesting plus is I walk my dog over to the park in the afternoons just usually around the time the performers/artists road buses are pulling in. Since my dog is a really unusually strange looking "mutt", you never know who's going to be strolling around and stops and asks just what kind of dog it is. Last person to strike up a random conversation on their part was Peter Frampton, asking just what the heck kind of dog I have. Plus I show no direct intention of disturbing anybody, just me and the dog going about our business. Since it's an outdoor venue, afternoon rehearsal is there for anyone strolling by the large stage, although it is artistically fenced, it's there for anyone that wants to just observe.

Surprisingly the performer/s that really shocked the heck outta me was Ringo Starr and his Allstar Band last year. What a show, and Ringo himself was so much better than I would have ever imagined, and his Allstars, fantastic group of performers/musicians that most everyone older than 30 would know. EWF was a knockout as well, WOW.

Anyway, here's a list of performers I've seen, either in concert, or at Lincoln Park. It's a long one-

BSB, Beachboys(with most of the original brothers no longer alive), George Benson, Joe Cocker,Crosby/Stills/Nash, Elvis Costello, Sheryl Crow, Doobies (great show), David Sanborn, Dan Fogelberg, Peter Frampton, Kenny G, Al Green, Hall & Oates, Carole King, Keb Mo, Dave Kos, Kenny Loggins (Loggins & Messina will be here again this summer), John Mellencamp, Crosby/Stills/Nash, Willie Nelson, Robert Randolf, Billy Squire, Steely Dan, TransSiberian Orchestra, Ringo Starr and Allstar Band.

I saw the Commodores with Lionel Richie years ago live, great show. And saw James Brown back in the late 60's at the Lakeside Palladium here, little did I know then as a teenager just what a mark he would make in the music world.

Groups originally from my city include Lakeside and the fantastic Ohio Players, they set some serious standards in their time.

2 performances I still am waiting/hoping for are Michael McDonald and Ashford/Simpson.

Wow, cool! How is Kanye West in concert? He sounds interesting to see live.

Kanye was amazing! He stopped half way though Love Lockdown to take off his shoes & to start the song again because he felt it wasn't good enough :)

I've been to hundreds of concerts, literally, since I was 16 or 17 years old, mostly rock shows and festivals, but also some pop. I also go to a lot of classical concerts and operas. I''ve seen so many shows that it's hard for me to remember details. This year I'll also be going to a lot of concerts. Some acts I've seen multiple times. I'm totally looking forward to Muse in fall, because this will be the first time that I'll see them live (apart from DVD).

Madonna
Kylie
u2
nkotb (don't laugh!)
Britney (this wednesday)
p!nk
green day (in october)
girls aloud
gwen stefani
Foo fighters

and of course Michael. :)

Mew
Gavin Degraw
Flo Rida
George Michael
Celine Dion
Next concert Ill be going to is a Michael Jackson concert.. wow. :mellow: Its so surreal. Never thought I would say that.

Madonna
U2
Rolling Stones
Black Eyed Peas
Kylie Minogue
Cindy Lauper
Seal

All of them have been in Brazil!!!!!!!!!!

Only show the Michael I saw in 1993 that I was under age :(, I had 12 years of age.

But in January I will be there in London!!!!!!!!! :)

Coldplay
Lenny Kravitz
P!nk (3 times)
Placebo
69 Eyes
Alicia Keys
Madonna

that's about it i guess...

styx
van halen
rolling stones
guns n roses
metallica/korn/kid rock (summer solstice in l.a.)
journey
elton john/eric clapton
foreigner
chicago

that's all i can remember.:) never saw MJ.:no:

Spice Girls years ago when i was about 10 lol so much fun though
WMA's 2006
Prince at the o2
P!nk funhouse tour

Jay Chou
Andy Lau
Il Divo

*Times Square Ball Drop 2009*
Parachute VA
Lionel Richie
Taylor Swift
Jonas Brothers
(missed Ludacris and Pussycat Dolls we went for dinner)

I hope MJ goes there sometime.

Concerts I've been to ........

Michael Jackson (Bad Tour 1988/ Dangerous Tour 1992/ HIStory Tour 1997)

David Bowie (Sound & Vision Tour 1990/ Outside Tour 1995/ Meltdown Festival 2002/ Reality Tour 2003)

Prince (LoveSexy 1988/ Symbol Tour 1993/ Earth Tour aka 21 Nights In London at the O2 2007)

Janet Jackson (Velvate Rope Tour 1998)

Michael Jackson, Dublin, Ireland
Janet Jackson, Charlotte, NC
Motley Crue, Charlotte, NC
Ozzy, Dublin, Ireland 08
Slaughter/dokken/cinderella, Charlotte, NC
Duran Duran, Dublin, Ireland
Tim Mc Graw, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Alan Jackson/LeAnn Rhimes, Charlotte, NC

Going to see Crue Fest 09 in Aug. Charlotte, NC

M People -95
Eric Clapton-96
Alicia keys- 05(Diary tour)
U2- 05 (Vertigo tour)
Kylie Minogue 06 (Showgirl - Homecoming Tour)
Black Eyed Peas-06(monkey business tour)
Justin Timberlake 07(futurelove/sexsounds tour)
Prince- 07 (21 nights in london)
Linkin Park- 08 (minutes to midnight tour)

can't believe i'll soon write MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!! wtf, so surreal, somebody PINCH ME!!!
wow..first I wrote punch me there ,lol..

hmmmm well of the HUGE stars,

Spice Girls (me and baby spice had our moments.:) front row..and I was dressed as her!
Snoop dogg (he talked to me too in his microphone,I was front row:D )
and then a few 80's band like "alphaville" with hits like forever young and big in japan..got backstage with them after the show

Ok I see a connection here with me and the celebs!!!! LOL
michael please talk to me from stage? :D hahaha

good luck stine!!

I ain't past tense but Imma see Beyonce in Oakland!!woot woot

P.S. I wanted to see Michael and have my first concert be to see Michael Jackson perform, but alas I couldn't afford the flight :(

A few (i dont think i will remember all):

Tina Turner in 1996
NKOTB in 1992 and 2009
Eminem in 2002
The Fugees around 2000
All artists on MJ and Friends Munich in 1999
Mika in 2008 and 2009
Lots and lots of festivals with national acts ever since i was a kid until now, :)
Boney M :)lmao:)
MJ in 1996 and 1997
Herman van Veen (a real talent and a recommandation for anyone speakign german or dutch) in 2009

From what I can remember...

Beach Boys at Six Flags in '97...of course it was not the original lineup.
The Crickets (Buddy Holly's band), same year, same place
Kenny Rogers singing Christmas songs for a school orchestra trip in '98
Some radio station-sponsored concert in 1999 that featured several groups, but the only two I can remember are 98 Degrees :)doh:) and Smash Mouth.
Aerosmith in 2001 and 2002
Richard Thompson in 2005

Of course, in the future I'd like to add someone to the list who we all know and love... :yes:

EltonJohn/Billy Joel/ DuranDuran/Julian Lennon/Janet Jackson/Peter Frampton/The Monkees/Hall & Oats . and others I can't think of off hand
and in July I am going to see Paul McCrtney at Citi Feild. They renamed it. It was where the Beatles played 45 years ago :)

Back