Concerns about the movie...

riskaa

Proud Member
I was just thinking about this movie; i really hope that it's mostly rehearsal footage and music/performances and NOT other people talking about their opinions of MJ.
That would really piss me off!

Do any of you have similar/different concerns?

Yeah, I hope it's mostly rehearsal footage and performances as well.
I'm pretty sure there will be bits of people talking, though.
But other than that, my only concern is that I'll cry too much.

Well it is a Documentary.
The DVD will have the full rehearsal footage.

I hope they don't show 60 second clips of each performance. You can only fit so much into 120 mins

I hope they don't show 60 second clips of each performance. You can only fit so much into 120 mins

I agree....but I heard it was 147 minutes...I am gonna have to check it out again....lol...I also hope that there is not alot of footage of the memorial and the funeral....that is not what TTI.should be about..IMHO

I hope TII ends on his final performance and does not go into his death, funeral or memorial.

That would just upset me too much.

I agree....but I heard it was 147 minutes...I am gonna have to check it out again....lol...I also hope that there is not alot of footage of the memorial and the funeral....that is not what TTI.should be about..IMHO

its 111minutes...

Apparently the memorial is not in the film, but I'm not sure about the funeral. I would guess that maybe there is some because it would seem strange if they didn't included it IMO.

My biggest concern is the fact it is MJ in rehearsal mode. A lot of people will be seeing MJ on stage for the first time when they go see this movie, I want them to be blown away! Hopefully we will see lots of live singing and energetic dancing otherwise this movie/documentary is going to do nothing for MJ's legacy.

I can see your point of view.
Most people won't have seen the stark contrast between MJ during the Dangerous rehearsal and MJ during the Dangerous concert, so they may not be able to appreciate that MJ doesn't perform during the rehearsal like he would in a concert.

We understand that, but I hope the media don't slate his rehearsals because of it. I hope the general public don't leave with a negative impression of him as a performer. Hopefully the documentary will make it clear that Mike just goes through the motions.

Poeple have seen his rehearsals online and they should know that Michael is different when he is performing to live audiences. AEG did say they were taping it so, I think Michael would of been good here too. I am also thinking that they may show some of the footage from his other concerts. I dont care just as long as I see him. The Media can go to hell.

to be honest I am prepared for everything..I think it is going to be half documentary and half rehearsal footage
I trust Kenny he is a good guy and I am confident he did the best of what he could do in putting this together...He didnt have an easy job so I am saying thank you whatever the outcome may be..if it werent for this film we wouldnt had the chance to see this much or little either...

Ive been told by someone who saw the first print of the movie that its mostly rehearsal footage and he described it as a "Concert movie".

I can see your point of view.
Most people won't have seen the stark contrast between MJ during the Dangerous rehearsal and MJ during the Dangerous concert, so they may not be able to appreciate that MJ doesn't perform during the rehearsal like he would in a concert.

????????????????

What are you talking about. In the Dangerous rehearsals MJ sung songs like Beat it and Billie Jean much more powerful and better than in the actual concert.
For me the Dangerous Rehearsals are much better than the actual Concert on dvd.

Go Back and hear him sing Billie Jean at rehearsals and at Concert. If you cannot hear that MJ was giving his best vocal performance ever of this song at the rehearsals you better check your ears. At the rehearsals he sung Billie Jean better than in any Bad-Dangerous Concert.

????????????????

What are you talking about. In the Dangerous rehearsals MJ sung songs like Beat it and Billie Jean much more powerful and better than in the actual concert.

Go Back and hear him sing Billie Jean at rehearsals and at Concert. If you cannot hear that MJ was giving his best vocal performance ever of this song at the rehearsals you better check your ears. At the rehearsals he sung Billie Jean better than in any Bad-Dangerous Concert.

I agree
but maybe that's also because you don't have an audience in the background so you hear him more clearly, plus dangerous tour has bad sound quality

????????????????

LOL.

Ok I will.
It could be because he isn't working flat out in the rehearsals like he is in the concert so the vocals are much better. for example in the Dangerous concert, during 'Human Nature' Mike sounds way out of breath, but during rehearsals he would have been fine I'm sure. Anyway I'll check it out.

Apparently the memorial is not in the film, but I'm not sure about the funeral. I would guess that maybe there is some because it would seem strange if they didn't included it IMO.

no memorial, no funeral

just rehearsal.

I was just thinking about this movie; i really hope that it's mostly rehearsal footage and music/performances and NOT other people talking about their opinions of MJ.
That would really piss me off!

Do any of you have similar/different concerns?

Trust me

the movie is what you hope for.

mostly rehearsal footage and music/performances and NOT other people talking about their opinions of MJ. yes.

Trust me

mostly rehearsal footage and music/performances and NOT other people talking about their opinions of MJ. yes.

You've seen it so I'll trust you. cheers.
I'm seeing the show on 30th October and can't wait!! I'm going to have to stay off these forums from the 27th onwards so I'm not tempted to read too much about the show!

lilseanb, I love your sig.
two more days and counting - and i'm happy to say it does look like mostly rehearsal footage, not so much a documentary.
Excited, but will need a box of tissues

Trust me

mkgenie speaks the truth !! It will rock your world !! :yes:

Back