Computer Troubles: Window Media Player -

BillieJean84

Proud Member
I could've sworn I already posted this but I here I go... again

I need / want to save music videos to my windows media player.
I use Limewire to get the videos, they get saved to 'Saved Documents' but will not save them in Windows Media Player. They will play in M.P if I click on 'open with media player- but I come back to watch the video again & its not saved.

Someone help me. Is there another program, besides Limewire, that will download videos ?? Or is it that I need to update my Windows Player??

help me please! thanks
bouncy.gif

P.S. & Avast Update too- I posted another thread please read it

Last edited:
Actually there is nothing for Media Player to save - you have already saved the files so there is no need to save them again.

Do you really mean is that you can't find the file in Media Player? Have you tried clicking on "Library"? If they aren't showing up in your library post what version of Windows you are using and what version of Media Player.

Good luck!

ok so as long as the videos are under :Saved Documents they don't need to be saved in the player???

The same is happening to me.

Not with Windows Media Player (That doesn´t work in this computer anymore and I really wonder why) but with Real Player.

I had Real Player as default to play all the music and videos but suddenly all videos and music opens with another software.
I have to change the thing all the time to open the files on Real Player

umm lol l think 2000 windows xp home edition

It sounds like "saved documents" is some Limewire folder so I would probably move them to something like My Documents or My Videos. However you should be OK as long as you don't uninstall Limewire.

The same is happening to me.

Not with Windows Media Player (That doesn´t work in this computer anymore and I really wonder why) but with Real Player.

I had Real Player as default to play all the music and videos but suddenly all videos and music opens with another software.
I have to change the thing all the time to open the files on Real Player

I hate Real Player so I can't help you.

Personally I'd fix Media Player. Just try updating it, might fix it.

Click on "Help" > then "Check for Updates"

I'm a little bit confused about what the problem is lol.. but if people want their files to play with a certain player then..

right click on your file.. go to properties.. where it says "opens with" click on "change" and pick the player you want. All the same file formats will play with that player. Once you set it, it shouldn't keep changing. I'm using vista (shock! horror! :p) but I think it's the same for all the older windows.

the problem is I don't know how to get to Saved Documents so for me to watch the videos I have to go alllll the way back to limewire, download something else, then click open then it will take me to 'saved documents'

the problem is I don't know how to get to Saved Documents so for me to watch the videos I have to go alllll the way back to limewire, download something else, then click open then it will take me to 'saved documents'

Ohhhhhh ok I see what you mean now. I haven't used limewire in a very long time (too many viruses), but from memory..

You can go into limewire's options (Tools>options) and change the download folder there. As for finding your already saved files, I'm pretty sure if you right click on your saved files in limewire library, it should have an option like "Open file location".

If not, look through your "my documents" folders. Or try going.. my computer > C drive > Program files > limewire and have a look there. If all else fails, do a search for your music files lol

Back