Completion Date Announced For Tribute Portrait

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...ibute-portrait&catid=85:latest-news&Itemid=82

(24-5-2011) The Michael Jackson Tribute Portrait announced today that a date has been chosen for the completion of the project. This amazing and unique portrait will be finished in time for Michael's birthday on August 29, 2011.

The date will be exactly two years to the day from when the tribute was first opened to the public for fans around the world to become part of this historical museum-quality piece of art. The first four dots of the portrait were drawn for Michael and his three children on August 28, 2009.

It's still not to late! If you have not gotten your dot yet, there is still time. The Portrait will take at least one million dots to complete but, in an effort to get the project completed in time for Michael's birthday, MJTP Artist David Ilan will be drawing dots ahead of some people signing up.

Fans will still be able to join for a long time to come. Once the Portrait is complete, whenever someone joins they will be assigned one of those pre-drawn dots.

Everyone who signs up for their free dot before August 29th will have their dot placed in Michael’s image. But after August 29th the dots will be drawn somewhere within the Portrait itself, not necessarily in the areas making up Michael’s image.

For more information, please visit the Michael Jackson Tribute Portraite website here.

Michael Jackson Tribute Portrait

Source: MJFC / MJTP Newsletter

I have a dot! :)

Thank you for this post. I almost forgot to get my own dot for the tribute. It was interesting looking through all the celebrities that uploaded their own photos for the portrait. Very excited for its completion!

That's great, can't wait to see it!
But unfortunately it's still a long way to go to get one million participants - the website says there are now more than a quarter of a million. Come on, there are so many MJ fans around the world! We should be able to let this picture represent one million REAL PEOPLE and not let it consist of dots drawn in advance for somebody!

Back