Common Says He'll 'Definitely' See 'Michael Jackson's This Is It'

Memefan

Proud Member
Common Says He'll 'Definitely' See 'Michael Jackson's This Is It'

'Once he passed I realized what his star was to us and I missed him even more,' rapper says.

By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Jayson Rodriguez

As fans eagerly await the release of "Michael Jackson's This Is It," musicians are sitting down to recall the overwhelming influence that the pop icon had on the music industry. Common spoke to MTV News about Jackson, noting that he can't wait to be one of the people going to their local theater to see the documentary highlighting the last performance footage from the legend.

"I'm very interested in 'This Is It.' I mean, I look at Michael Jackson and see that he was the brightest star to ever exist on this earth," he told MTV News. "Like the greatest star that we ever witnessed and I think that the world will ever witness."
The documentary, based on footage shot during the singer's final days as he prepared for his London comeback concerts, opens for a two-week theatrical run starting Wednesday. The rapper noted that the movie should help fans of the singer remember why they loved him so much while he was still alive.
Common added, "And I'm definitely interested because like many of us I wasn't paying attention to Mike as much as I should have been. You kind of neglect the great things you have around you, but, you know, once he passed I realized what his star was to us and I missed him even more. So I definitely want to see 'This Is It.' "

Based on the footage that he's seen, Common thinks the film will also show fans another side of Jackson. "I seen a clip of the film and I was listening to him tell either the bass player or somebody what to do, and I was like, this dude is cold," he said. "You hear him and see him do stuff, and you go, man, that's why he is Michael Jackson and there'll be no one greater."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1624527/20091023/common.jhtml

Fans aren't the only one anxious to finally see "This is it". I like those little MTV interviews

Only 5 more days!!!:yes::yes::yes:

MTV has been issuing like 5 new Jackson stories every day! They are interviewing new people all the time, asking them about Jackson and This Is It. Finally, they decide to show some respect.

Back