Colby O'Donis - Your Love In My Life [2004], MJ-produced?

arXter

Proud Member
i've been thinking about this for a long time now and never really bothered to check on it. i'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on this or verify if it's true?

around the net, articles and biography descriptions for Chris O'Donis (now getting some mainstream recognition with Akon's Konvict) say that he worked with Michael and that Mike produced this track:

Your Love In My Life

from his 2004 album, PARTY TIME.

2jg9y7a.jpg

(this is also echoes in Chris Cadman's book For The Record)
For The Record said:
YOUR LOVE IN MY LIFE

Song Michael produced for Colby O’Donis & Friends, for the album,
PARTY TIME, released in 2004.

I don't know, I've never heard of this. It could be produced by Michael. But one thing that gives me hesitation is when it was produced. 2004? I doubt Michael would have had the time or the energy to produce another artist around this period. Unless he produced it sometime before then, which is possible.

Hmm could be but i dont like his voice, or this track...
don't think that michael is behind this..

I don't know, I've never heard of this. It could be produced by Michael. But one thing that gives me hesitation is when it was produced. 2004? I doubt Michael would have had the time or the energy to produce another artist around this period. Unless he produced it sometime before then, which is possible.
well my point of hesitation, as you say, is the quality. but as for 2004, if he did in fact produce this, i'd imagine it would have been earlier and before the trial obviously.

Aw, the song is not that bad. :)
Type of song you would cruise down the busy streets late at night in the city. Chill. *sigh* :lol:

But if Michael produced this.. who knows? :)

The best part of the whole song is his voice in the beginning with the phone call. He sounded like he just ran a triathlon and had to call an ambulance.

i typed it in on google and the sites that i looked at all said he worked with michael jackson in his studio and that this song was produced by him

but just to put it out there -
i don't like this song.

According to For The Record, yes it was produced by Michael:

YOUR LOVE IN MY LIFE
Song Michael produced for Colby O’Donis & Friends, for the album,
PARTY TIME, released in 2004.

According to For The Record, yes it was produced by Michael:
cheers, Marn but i already addressed it and kind of think Cadman went and based it on O'Donis's word but i'm still unconvinced, although it would be interesting if it is in fact true and what the circumstances behind it were.

Oh God, why do I feel like I'm listening to the last song of a 3T album, lol. No offense to any 3T fans, I admit, I played Brotherhood quite regularly. ;-)

I don't claim to be a musical professional, but if a song it written poorly to begin with, no amount of producing in the world is going to make the song a hit.

Is this guy popular anywhere in 2004? Or now? That album cover seriously it's from 2004!?!? It's screaming 80'ieeeeessss!!!

cheers, Marn but i already addressed it and kind of think Cadman went and based it on O'Donis's word but i'm still unconvinced, although it would be interesting if it is in fact true and what the circumstances behind it were.
:lol: I only just noticed then - I apologise for not reading your post.

I have to agree. I cannot believe that MJ produced this piece of crap, (and I am sorry if you did MJ, but it does suck.) O'Donis' website doesn't say anything about this track at all- I mean is it a physical album? Are there album notes? :unsure:

This track is the wackness.

I couldn't have said it better myself. :lmao:

LOL, Colby O'Donis had an album called 'Party Time'?
That's wack as hell.
On topic, I actually thought the song was pretty good (unlike most folks here). It got off to a slow start, but started to pick up after a little while. Obviously, it's just a demo/rough cut. That's why the sound is so muffled.
All in all, not bad.

Hollaback.

wow I never knew that....if you search his name he had some independent albums he just hit big this year....I've always thought his face looked familiar.....how old is he?

lol. I dont think its as bad as most people are saying. Its not legendary, but you guys are way to hard to please. Some fans, not saying all, wont accept anyone elses music but Michael's because their not "Michael's Level" in your mind. I am also not judging that statement, on this thread alone.
Colby is still young. Let the kid breathe! XD

I had to figure out who this guy was. Then I read this thread and I was like, "yeah, I have heard of this guy". I can't listen to the song because I lack speakers, but blah. I thought he came out this year but it turns out he did not. A cd called "Party Time"..... hmmmm.... anyway, a bit off topic, but what does "chav" mean?

anyway, a bit off topic, but what does "chav" mean?
found a nice definition that could explain it better than i ever could:
Picture this a young lad about 12 years of age and 4 ½ feet high baseball cap at ninety degrees in a imitation addidas tracksuit, with trouser legs tucked into his socks (of course, is definitely the height of fashion). This lad is strutting around, cig in one hand jewellery al over the over, outside McDonalds acting as if he is 8 foot tall and built like a rugby player, when some poor unsuspecting adult (about 17/18) walks round the corner wanting to go to mcdonalds for his dinner glances at the young lad, the young lad jumps up in complete disgust and says “Whats your problem? Wanna make sommin of it? Bling Bling” when the adult starts to walk towards the young lad, the young lad pisses himself and runs off to either his pregnant 14-year-old girlfriend or his brother in the army crying his eyes out.

My mate has become a chav what can i do? answer is shoot him before it is too late.

chav
w9tafm.jpg
colby
xdsb9c.jpg

found a nice definition that could explain it better than i ever could:
Picture this a young lad about 12 years of age and 4 ½ feet high baseball cap at ninety degrees in a imitation addidas tracksuit, with trouser legs tucked into his socks (of course, is definitely the height of fashion). This lad is strutting around, cig in one hand jewellery al over the over, outside McDonalds acting as if he is 8 foot tall and built like a rugby player, when some poor unsuspecting adult (about 17/18) walks round the corner wanting to go to mcdonalds for his dinner glances at the young lad, the young lad jumps up in complete disgust and says “Whats your problem? Wanna make sommin of it? Bling Bling” when the adult starts to walk towards the young lad, the young lad pisses himself and runs off to either his pregnant 14-year-old girlfriend or his brother in the army crying his eyes out.

My mate has become a chav what can i do? answer is shoot him before it is too late.

chav
w9tafm.jpg
colby
xdsb9c.jpg

Lol! Thanks for explaining the defintion. I have seen my share of Chavs. LOL.

"Produced" is too vague term. The degree of MJ's participation in that is not clear at all.

Back