CNN I-report Talks about TII GREAT news

music65

Proud Member
This is it- premiere in Beijing, China!!!
45 minutes ago | Beijing, China | Vetting explained
Posted by:
FabTab

Viewed 38 times
Shared 1 time

CNN producer note

iReport —
I just got back from the THIS IS IT Beijing premiere (12 hours before the States). I’m an American girl living and working in Beijing.

The movie was AMAZING, it wasn't like being in a movie theater but being in a concert. Everyone was screaming Michael's name, clapping and singing along...awesome experience! Really happy, no sadness or any mention of his death. Uplifting in a lot of ways. It would have been a great tour...

MJ’s interaction with his dancers, muscians and crew was truly touching. It was bittersweet to watch how hard they had been working.

Don’t want to give anything away, but there is a genuine surprise near the end of the movie- the true meaning of “This is it” is finally revealed- and you’ll love it!

The movie was all about Michael’s talent- as a musician, dancer and most of all, entertainer.

(Yes, some people tried to record the movie on their phones or cameras but the cinema authority promptly ended that.)

The movie premiered officially to a sold-out crowd at midnight, but fans started gathering around 7PM. A pre-premiere, if you will, started at 830PM full of MJ performances by Chinese impersonators, celebrity appearances and words by organizers and fans.

I had the special honor of speaking at the premiere. I met Michael Jackson at a restaurant in 2002 (see my other iReports for pictures and home video footage of our meeting). The president of the China Michael Jackson fan club invited me to come and share my story at the event.

(Note: Michael only performed in Mainland China in 1987 so most people had never seen him perform live.)

Many people immediately came up to me to see my picture of MJ and me and to even take pictures of the picture! Many were crying and hugging me and telling me how lucky I was.

Overall the night was very interesting. I don’t speak Chinese very well and the entire pre-premiere was in Chinese so a lot was lost in translations. However the air was full of excitement and anticipation and that is universal.

Many people were wearing MJ memorabilia or holding signs. The crowd started chanting “Michael, Michael” and many impromptu dances occurred.

….I am so glad I had the opportunity to meet Michael Jackson in person and to share my story with people around the world. It was a very exciting night!

Tags: movies, entertainment, michael_jackson
Posted in Assignment: 'This Is It'

This is it- premiere in Beijing, China!!!
45 minutes ago | Beijing, China | Vetting explained
Posted by:
FabTab

Viewed 38 times
Shared 1 time

CNN producer note

iReport —
I just got back from the THIS IS IT Beijing premiere (12 hours before the States). I’m an American girl living and working in Beijing.

The movie was AMAZING, it wasn't like being in a movie theater but being in a concert. Everyone was screaming Michael's name, clapping and singing along...awesome experience! Really happy, no sadness or any mention of his death. Uplifting in a lot of ways. It would have been a great tour...

MJ’s interaction with his dancers, muscians and crew was truly touching. It was bittersweet to watch how hard they had been working.

Don’t want to give anything away, but there is a genuine surprise near the end of the movie- the true meaning of “This is it” is finally revealed- and you’ll love it!

The movie was all about Michael’s talent- as a musician, dancer and most of all, entertainer.

(Yes, some people tried to record the movie on their phones or cameras but the cinema authority promptly ended that.)

The movie premiered officially to a sold-out crowd at midnight, but fans started gathering around 7PM. A pre-premiere, if you will, started at 830PM full of MJ performances by Chinese impersonators, celebrity appearances and words by organizers and fans.

I had the special honor of speaking at the premiere. I met Michael Jackson at a restaurant in 2002 (see my other iReports for pictures and home video footage of our meeting). The president of the China Michael Jackson fan club invited me to come and share my story at the event.

(Note: Michael only performed in Mainland China in 1987 so most people had never seen him perform live.)

Many people immediately came up to me to see my picture of MJ and me and to even take pictures of the picture! Many were crying and hugging me and telling me how lucky I was.

Overall the night was very interesting. I don’t speak Chinese very well and the entire pre-premiere was in Chinese so a lot was lost in translations. However the air was full of excitement and anticipation and that is universal.

Many people were wearing MJ memorabilia or holding signs. The crowd started chanting “Michael, Michael” and many impromptu dances occurred.

….I am so glad I had the opportunity to meet Michael Jackson in person and to share my story with people around the world. It was a very exciting night!

Tags: movies, entertainment, michael_jackson
Posted in Assignment: 'This Is It'

thank you so much for posting this :)

Wow! Thanks for posting, I am sure Michael was there loving every second, it sounds like it was an amazing atmosphere :)

I just skipped over the first post, I don't want to know ANYTHING! I want to go tomorrow at 1:50pm and be amazed from start to finish! Chamone The King!!!! :bow:

i watched TII in Shanghai, China and have same experience with you. first i got a little scared and nervous because i watch alone and its 12pm and the theatre is quite far from my house.
when i get there,i meet other fan from Sweden that also came alone so we talk and it is so amazing. i mean this is Michael....he is all about love,he connect people.this is the most amazing part of him,that from him i can have friends from all over the world.

and about the movie....IT IS AMAAAAAZZZINNNGGG!! it is like a concert. i started to cry at first but then people singing...cheering....applause....and Michael start goofing around so yes i smile...now i know that no matter how i sad,Michael is the one who make me happy. i supposed to be in This Is It concert,its supposed to be my very 1st concert in 14 years...but it never come true and this movie is something that is so precious for me....something that i will cheerish for the rest of my life

Michael is the biggest blessing God ever gave to me and he will always be The King. we...his fans are his friends...his family....we are part of his love so we have to keep encourage each other to share....share love...like his message...we have to continue it....DONT LET THE WORLD FORGET MJ! now that Michael can rest...its our job to take over

i watched TII in Shanghai, China and have same experience with you. first i got a little scared and nervous because i watch alone and its 12pm and the theatre is quite far from my house.
when i get there,i meet other fan from Sweden that also came alone so we talk and it is so amazing. i mean this is Michael....he is all about love,he connect people.this is the most amazing part of him,that from him i can have friends from all over the world.

and about the movie....IT IS AMAAAAAZZZINNNGGG!! it is like a concert. i started to cry at first but then people singing...cheering....applause....and Michael start goofing around so yes i smile...now i know that no matter how i sad,Michael is the one who make me happy. i supposed to be in This Is It concert,its supposed to be my very 1st concert in 14 years...but it never come true and this movie is something that is so precious for me....something that i will cheerish for the rest of my life

Michael is the biggest blessing God ever gave to me and he will always be The King. we...his fans are his friends...his family....we are part of his love so we have to keep encourage each other to share....share love...like his message...we have to continue it....DONT LET THE WORLD FORGET MJ! now that Michael can rest...its our job to take over

Wow, that was so beautiful. I just had to say that!

wow .excited

I love that

"The movie was AMAZING, it wasn't like being in a movie theater but being in a concert. Everyone was screaming Michael's name, clapping and singing along...awesome experience! Really happy, no sadness or any mention of his death. Uplifting in a lot of ways. It would have been a great tour..."

I hope it happen here today :yes: thank you for posting

Back