CNN Don Lemon's great coverage of Michael Jackson

Trennyboo

Proud Member
Don Lemon has done a wonderful job covering Michael's passing even today on the weekend he's had veryy positive friends of Michael on his show. The whole CNN crew really has done Michael well. So I say that it would be nice for us all who can't attend Michael's mamorial in person that we watch it on CNN and support them cause they're supporting MJ's legacy. Don Lemon said they will be covering MJ all day Tuesday.

Thanks Whisper for posting that vid.

O.k., for all the a**holes out there that don't want to watch the MJ coverage..CHANGE THE F*CKIN CHANNEL! What, are you jelous b/c you're not on there? Give me a break....it's now an investigation moron...you call yourself an anchor? *geez*

And thanks to Don correctiing the idiot regarding the accusations etc. Some people just want to hate others and find the negativity in others no mater what. They really need to get a life....and an education.

Indeed, CNN really did a great job
specially that guy, he's a fan for sure

Indeed, CNN really did a great job
specially that guy, he's a fan for sure
I don't think he's a fan so much as just having to report the facts. When you chase down story after story that turns out not to be true, (and if you have no agenda) you have to start asking yourself if the information you've been given about Mike is true.

I think he's discovered an entirely different side of MJ that they either didn't pay attention to or didn't want to pay attention to. Like I said in another post, they all thought everybody hated Mike as much as they did until his passing.

Who is that douche? I wish DL would cuss his ass out. There is no reason to talk about Michael that way.

I just wish they would present all of the records Michael Jackson has broken. They talk about Thriller and the 13 #1 hits, biggest selling album, but never mention things like him being the first to win that many Grammys, or his Superbowl Halftime being the highest network rating in history only to be broken by himself when he did the Oprah interview. They don't discuss Bad being the first to have 7 #1 hits, or Dangerous being the best selling New Jack Swing album. There is soooooo many highlights they could discuss to fill up more airtime, but yet they choose to discuss every angle of his children's custody and what potential drugs he may or may not have been taking.

Until the media spends as much time on his great accomplishments as they do his controversies, they're not getting a pat on the back from me. But I will admit, I have enjoyed Don Lemon. He's just about the only one I've been watching.

I somewhat agree, Don Lemon has indeed done a wonderful job and all coverage has remained very decent and respectful for the most part, however I'm very dissapointed in Anderson Cooper, he was talking about the kids the other day, and it made me sick hearing him along with his guests speculating about the kids as if they had a right to do so.

CNN has done a fantastic job presenting this whole situation to the public. They have respected Michael, told the proper story and gone to extraordinary lengths to make sure their stories are accurate. They have also given the story tons of coverage which is great, and they have been rewarded...their ratings surged and viewership more then doubled during the past week. I will be watching CNN on Tuesday, their coverage of Jackson begins at 6am and literally goes all day. Thank you CNN for giving Michael the attention he deserves!

Don Lemon has done a great job and in my opinion has presented Jackson in the best light out of all CNN news crew. I enjoy his stories on Jackson very much. Keep up the good work!

For me it's been very difficult to know who is and who isn't doing a great job with coverage on MJ especially after you watched jon stewart and joel mchale make fun of them.

I don't know. I have yet to see a report on MJ that didn't have some kind of slight or speculation, conjecture, insinuations. the facts are there, all they have to do is tell the truth (vitiligo, 14 counts of not guilty, awards, awards, awards, good biz deals, etc). When they have something positive the media always has to make sure that his legacy
is balanced with the controversy which in my opinionwas largelyformed by the media.

Sharpton was right, they didn't do Elvis this way, I was grown already before I learned died of a heart attack (caused by drugs) on the toilet. If MJ had died like on the toilet that would have been all over the media.

In short, the media knows that there are many good things about MJ but they always feel the need to bring him down, even now that he's gone.

CNN have been good for the most part. I don't get that station though, so can only watch their coverage online in clips/youtube/2000 watts forum. My only chance to see the memorial coverage live on TV might be Sky News who are just plain awful. :smilerolleyes:

For me it's been very difficult to know who is and who isn't doing a great job with coverage on MJ especially after you watched jon stewart and joel mchale make fun of them.

If you change your opinion on what is 'good' coverage just because of what two comedians/satirists say about it then you're a sheep. Perfect audience for the media.

I don't think he's a fan so much as just having to report the facts. When you chase down story after story that turns out not to be true, (and if you have no agenda) you have to start asking yourself if the information you've been given about Mike is true.

I think he's discovered an entirely different side of MJ that they either didn't pay attention to or didn't want to pay attention to. Like I said in another post, they all thought everybody hated Mike as much as they did until his passing.

after checking don lemon's twitter page, it defn sounds like don was a fan of michael and the jacksons as well. He says MJs music (like for many people) was the soundtrack of his childhood

CNN have been good for the most part. I don't get that station though, so can only watch their coverage online in clips/youtube/2000 watts forum. My only chance to see the memorial coverage live on TV might be Sky News who are just plain awful. :smilerolleyes:

If you change your opinion on what is 'good' coverage just because of what two comedians/satirists say about it then you're a sheep. Perfect audience for the media.
Nice to see you "understand" my struggle with this.

The few clips I have seen with Don Lemon have been very fair and respectful. I agree with Whisper - he may not have been a fan before but having interviewed people and done some research, he has a more open mind.

Back