Classical music

Dangerous 1991 HIStory

Proud Member
Ok, which composers do you like? Which are your favorite pieces/songs? Who are your favorite performers?

I'm more or less into piano music.

My favorite composers: Chopin, Beethoven, Brahms. (I'm 19th century fan lol)

Favorite pieces: Beethoven sonatas Moonlight, Pathetique, Tempest and many more...,
Chopin's preludes, Chopin's 2nd sonata, Chopin's C sharp minor Nocturne (I'm learning it right now!!!), Brahms 3rd piano sonata, Debussy's Clair de lune (MJ had the good taste!), Rachmaninoff (Or Rachmanonov) Prelude op.23 no.5.
Oh and I almost forgot: Tchaikovsky, 1st piano concert. 1st movement is one of the most beautiful pieces that I ever heard...

Favorite performers (in my case pianists): Evgeny Kissin is the best, my second favorite is Horowitz! Valentina Lisitza and Idil Biret are very very solid female pianists. I had to name female pianists, so nobody could say that i'm sexist lol. :)

What abou us... I mean you?

Favorite performers (in my case pianists): Evgeny Kissin is the best, my second favorite is Horowitz! Valentina Lisitza and Idil Biret are very very solid female pianists. I had to name female pianists, so nobody could say that i'm sexist lol. :)

What abou us... I mean you?
Try Martha Argerich. She's more than solid - she's a genius. Greatest living pianist, male or female, and one of the greatest in history.

I love Mozart, Beethoven (he was my sign) and thanks to Michael i discovered Claude Debussy (which was one of his favorites):yes:
Bach, vivaldi, Liszt and many more, but those are my favorites

Try Martha Argerich. She's more than solid - she's a genius. Greatest living pianist, male or female, and one of the greatest in history.

I agree that she is a very good pianist, but she is not my taste. I like some interpretations of her, but some of them are too aggresive for my taste.

Btw, here is a great performance of Islamey, performed by Lisitsa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz_iA8TSDtI

Jeez I really need to educated myself more about classical music.

Back