Circle glide

filmandmusic

Proud Member
What is your preference? The Victory tour gliding which is fast and seemingly ankle twisting or the slow gliding he did since the American leg of the Bad tour till his very last tour?

It is clearly the fast gliding from 1984 for me, I don’t know why he abandoned that move completely.

those glides alone are a reason for me to watch the ‘victory’ tour. the mechanics are difficult to master, and I’ve never seen anyone do it as good as michael; clockwise, anticlockwise, stationary, travelling.. his shoes were like brushes painting the stage. it was interesting to see it evolve as the tour progressed.
I like this footage of him rehearsing the step.

those glides alone are a reason for me to watch the ‘victory’ tour. the mechanics are difficult to master, and I’ve never seen anyone do it as good as michael; clockwise, anticlockwise, stationary, travelling.. his shoes were like brushes painting the stage. it was interesting to see it evolve as the tour progressed.
Been studying that video so much

When he does those smooth azz glides and slides to the sides during "Shake Your Body" on the Victory Tour-- 🥴

Whew... he's so SMOOTH. 😩🤌🏾💋✨

All of the ones he does on the Bad Tour are exceptional, too. Especially considering that no one else can do any of it quite like him.

✨ THIS ✨

It’s such a great illusion, he is floating, it looks otherwordly.

Amazing..
Michael learned most of his popping moves form 'Pop N Taco' btw, I think I have even seen a video of him teaching the circle glide to MJ

You can really notice the influence and it's clear Michael got taught a lot from the likes of him ,Jeffrey Daniel and co.Throw in his own incredible natural dancing ability and James Brown /Fred Astaire influence too and you get this dancing atomic bomb.

Pop n Taco, wasn't he on the Dangerous tour as a back up dancer?

I think camera angles also play a key role in enhancing the step, and performance as a whole. in terms of what has been shown of the ‘victory’ tour, I still believe that the mtv montage from ‘84 best captured the move.

You can really notice the influence and it's clear Michael got taught a lot from the likes of him ,Jeffrey Daniel and co.Throw in his own incredible natural dancing ability and James Brown /Fred Astaire influence too and you get this dancing atomic bomb.
Yeah and Bob Fosse, Jackie Wilson! Learned from the best!

Pop n Taco, wasn't he on the Dangerous tour as a back up dancer?

Yes he was and also in the Smooth Criminal video!

Its easier with socks for sure for starters

You basically push off with one foot while moving the other foot like you're trying to spin but a little slower. I'll go into depth in a bit.

I guess the most important is to resist the urge to lift your heel

What you are all forgetting is that it is not just the footwork. Michael’s entire body moves. His head and arms are equally important to elevate the illusion. That is where he stood apart from James Brown imo

Back